This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian, Chinese troops exchange beer, rasgullas after face-off

New Delhi: Indian and Chinese troops had a face-off in Sikkim earlier this week which, however, ended in a friendly exchange of beer and rasgullas.

The face-off happened near the Tangkar La pass at the height of over 16,000 feet in eastern Sikkim after a Chinese patrol entered into territory claimed by India, sources told PTI.

The Chinese patrol, which was travelling in two light vehicles, was monitored by the Indian team comprising a young Lieutenant and nine jawans near the Tangkar La pass, they said.

The Indian patrol intercepted the Chinese patrol and after that, they showed banners to each other asking to leave the area and go back to their respective territories.

At the time of parting, the Chinese troops presented cans of Budweiser beer to the Indian patrol while our troops gifted them a pack of rasgullas, they said.

In the recent past, there have been a spate of incursions from the Chinese side into the Indian territory all along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) between the two sides stretching from Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir in north to Arunachal Pradesh in the northeast.

On the transgressions by Chinese troops, Defence Minister AK Antony had recently said that there was "no commonly delineated Line of Actual Control (LAC) between India and China". "There are areas along the border where India and China have different perceptions of the LAC and both sides undertake patrols up to their respective positions there," he had said.

"On account of differences in perception of LAC, certain transgression incidents do take place on ground. Government regularly takes up any transgression with the Chinese side through established mechanisms," he had added.
    Link

'Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai'? :tankie:
    Last edited by DarthSiddius; 09 Aug 13,, 17:45.

If they had better beer we could resolve the border issues overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
      If they had better beer we could resolve the border issues overnight!
      Scotch would be better at 16000 ft. But these exchanges could get too expensive.

Comment

Beer with Rasgullas what an awkward combination.

Comment

This has to be one of the wierdest escalations I have ever seen. Usually, we see machine gun and mortar and maybe even artillery fire. What next? A cook out between Chinese and Indian BBQ?

Comment

"At the time of parting, the Chinese troops presented cans of Budweiser beer to the Indian patrol while our troops gifted them a pack of rasgullas, they said."

Man, these bastards are playing rough.

This is an outright escalation of hostilities....

Comment

This ain't news... This is what most Indo-Chinese border meetings look like.

Here's one from Shiv Aroor's blog:

In these days of high-pitched exchanges about incursions by China in Eastern Ladakh, thought I'd post this photograph, though for no particular reason. That's me with PLA officers about a kilometer from the Bum La border inside Tibet at a Indo-China Army border meeting in October 2006. And yes, third from left is Kargil hero Colonel Lalit Rai who was, at that time, with the Indian Army's Korea (190 Moutain) Brigade at Tawang.
              Livefist: A Dragon's Dinner
              Last edited by Tronic; 10 Aug 13,, 02:51.
              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

No wonder neither army wants this border issue settled.

Comment

War really is hell!
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                    This ain't news... This is what most Indo-Chinese border meetings look like.

Here's one from Shiv Aroor's blog:
                    "... third from left is Kargil hero Colonel Lalit Rai "...Colonel Lalit Rai, was the Academy Adjutant when I was a cadet in Officers Training Academy, Chennai.....Good officer and a gentleman.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Chinese Incursion Caught On Tape | India | www.indiatimes.com

This is how these sneaky PLA troops are encroaching into Indian territories. They needed to be over powered with hands to stop them crossing our bulwarks. Few managed to run down into Indian territory. Few were trying to offer Cigarettes. I salute the patience of Indian soldiers who are protecting our borders with hands with no mandate from political class to shoot these infiltrators.

This video will go into archives of history to show rest of the world how our patience has been tested by China.
                      Last edited by ambidex; 22 Aug 13,, 16:08.

Comment

Respect to the Assam rifles who is serving there now and the commander in that position. Things can flare up pretty quick. We have to make sure that it should be punished in some way. Other wise the frequency of these incidents will increase. I am not a military man, but i feel our soldiers hands are tied there and its sad to see we are the ones requesting the chinese to leave.
                        It is so. It cant be otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by ambidex View Post
                          Chinese Incursion Caught On Tape | India | www.indiatimes.com

This is how these sneaky PLA troops are encroaching into Indian territories. They needed to be over powered with hands to stop them crossing our bulwarks. Few managed to run down into Indian territory. Few were trying to offer Cigarettes. I salute the patience of Indian soldiers who are protecting our borders with hands with no mandate from political class to shoot these infiltrators.

This video will go into archives of history to show rest of the world how our patience has been tested by China.
                          My microwave has more pixels than that video.

Just because you put up a 2 feet wall somewhere doesn't mean inside it's all your land. It's called disputed land.

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                            My microwave has more pixels than that video.
                            I agree, its from a Chinese made camera, so we can't help with the quality.

Just because you put up a 2 feet wall somewhere doesn't mean inside it's all your land. It's called disputed land.
                            It works both ways, the only solution is to sit across and sort it out. There has to be some give and take from both sides.
                            Last edited by lemontree; 23 Aug 13,, 05:05.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

From what I saw ... and this is weird, they were dancing. I've seen more violence on a football (American) line. Everybody was holding everybody else. Nobody was even pushing nor shoving ... and most certainly, no punches were thrown. All firearms were slinged.

Frankly, I be embarrassed (Chinese or Indian) if this got leaked.

Comment

Working...
                              X