Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    gunnut,

can you read what's on the red plate? or on the silver one in the first pic?
    I think the sign reads: 請勿攀爬 (no climbing)

They are in traditional Chinese, which may present a challenge to our friends from China
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
      Weird. Why would you put Yaks on an replica American carrier? Why didn't they just build replica F-18's & S-3's?
      They probably wanted the prestige of the most powerful warship in the world for their park, without actually identifying it as American.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Here is a link to a Russian forum that discusses this tank. They seem to suggest that it is a flame thrower and show a towed version of the cannisters that are enclosed in the boxes on either side of the turret.

Google Translate
        Last edited by DonBelt; 02 Aug 13,, 03:08. Reason: poor grammar. my mother would kill me, god rest her soul.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          I think the sign reads: 請勿攀爬 (no climbing)

They are in traditional Chinese, which may present a challenge to our friends from China
          Odd, if the tank is located in China.

Comment

They are fougasse type flamethrowers. A cylinder with flammable liquid that is ignited and ejected by the use of a charge and piston. The cylinders may be disposable or recharged. They do not require a supply tank or trailer and do not use air bled from the tank engine, so they are completely self encapsulated. I am still trying to find a model number or designation for the tank, it's a bit harder to track down.

Comment

Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
              Odd, if the tank is located in China.
              Sometimes traditional writings are used in China. I don't know why. I can see that in TV shows and news.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
                They are fougasse type flamethrowers. A cylinder with flammable liquid that is ignited and ejected by the use of a charge and piston. The cylinders may be disposable or recharged. They do not require a supply tank or trailer and do not use air bled from the tank engine, so they are completely self encapsulated. I am still trying to find a model number or designation for the tank, it's a bit harder to track down.
                WOW!!! Good find!

So... it is a tank with 12 flamethrowers?! Someone was smoking some strong stuff when they thought this out...

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
                  WOW!!! Good find!

So... it is a tank with 12 flamethrowers?! Someone was smoking some strong stuff when they thought this out...
                  They needed all those flamethrowers to light it too...

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
                    The Yaks were cheaper than the replica F-18 and S-3 kits.

That's because the YAK kits were hardly used.

My answer to the original question? As a Bradley Commander I would call it a TOW TARGET.
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                      They needed all those flamethrowers to light it too...
                      12 flamethrowers with no external fuel tank and limited range? Oven for five little piglets.
                      All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                      -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
                        12 flamethrowers with no external fuel tank and limited range? Oven for five little piglets.
                        four not five.

Comment

Strange vehicle indeed. T34-85 and some sort of death ray to frighten the West

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                            four not five.
                            Nope 5 is correct for the 34/85 variant.

TC, Gunner, Loader, Driver, Bow Machine gunner

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              They probably wanted the prestige of the most powerful warship in the world for their park, without actually identifying it as American.
                              Just for fun I bought a toy M-60 from a toy stand in Viet Nam that was made in China. It had all the white stars etc. But it had "UN Army" instead of US Army. Now the Vietnamese rent M-151s and Jeeps for marriage parades and things like that. They always have US Army or USMC (or both)painted on them. I'm thinking about painting Texas ARNG with 49th AD decals on my jeep in Viet Nam.

Sounds to me like you nailed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X