Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India: Army 'mistook planets for spy drones'

BBC News - India: Army 'mistook planets for spy drones'

"It quotes military sources as saying the objects violated the LAC 155 times."

I think I will not comment on this one.

Chinese has perfected the technology to disguise a drone as a planet.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

It quotes military sources as saying the objects violated the LAC 155 times. So, the army called the Indian Institute of Astrophysics to identify the objects. "Our task was to determine whether these unidentified objects were celestial or terrestrial," astronomer Tushar Prabhu told the paper. Only once the objects' movements were noted in relation to the stars were they identified as planets. The Telegraph suggests the sentry ought to be forgiven, with planets appearing brighter as a result of the different atmosphere at altitude and the increased use of surveillance drones.
      Why is this news?

Comment

The only thing I can figure is that the soldiers considered what they saw as being metallic reflections of some sort because drone operators never use craft lights during a mission.
        sigpic

Comment

gunnut,

Chinese has perfected the technology to disguise a drone as a planet.
          "That's no moon...oh wait, yes it is."
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
            The only thing I can figure is that the soldiers considered what they saw as being metallic reflections of some sort because drone operators never use craft lights during a mission.
            The soldiers saw something they were not familiar with, and documented their sightings as 'UFO'. Given their location and the often contentious nature along the LAC, the UFOs were assumed to be of Chinese origin, until the Indian Institute of Astrophysics could be called in to identify the objects. The headline is just a spicy attention grabber. ;)
            Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
            -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

During a recent meeting between Indian and Chinese officers, the Indian side complained about the Chinese "drones". The Chinese side suggested the Indians to shoot it down.
              "We tried, it's too damn high", an Indian officer said.

Comment

Apparently the night and loneliness can do wonders to people's imagination. In Singapore while doing guard duty, I have known of friends reporting birds in flight as Pontianak Pontianak (folklore) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :)

So I don't expect a PLA fan boy sitting in NY to understand what the IA trooper reported.....
                Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                  BBC News - India: Army 'mistook planets for spy drones'

"It quotes military sources as saying the objects violated the LAC 155 times."

I think I will not comment on this one.
                  BTW what happened to this... Could keep your hands off I guess...
                  Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic View Post
                    BTW what happened to this... Could keep your hands off I guess...
                    That's not a comment. That's the new development of the story.

Comment

Then why not link to this new development?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                        Then why not link to this new development?
                        Too tired right now. Let me get the source when I feel like to.

Edit: that's not a comment if 66medic is reading. It's just a reply to a question that someone is asking.

Comment

Thank heavens, IIofA sorted it out. India just don't need a war in these times of economic crisis.

During a recent meeting between Indian and Chinese officers, the Indian side complained about the Chinese "drones". The Chinese side suggested the Indians to shoot it down.
                          "We tried, it's too damn high", an Indian officer said.
                          I tried Google. Found nothing of what you claim thereof.
                          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Neutral sources would be appreciated.
                            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle_India View Post
                              Thank heavens, IIofA sorted it out. India just don't need a war in these times of economic crisis.

I tried Google. Found nothing of what you claim thereof.
                              You must be kidding. Try Welcome to the National Security Agency - NSA/CSS

They have the records of everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X