Don Lambert (Shamus) has passed on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip Shamus,

One of the original WABBITS when i signed on, always enjoyed his wit and sense of humor. I was wondering a few days ago where some of the old time posters had gotten to and this was a horrible answer to that question for one of our favorites.
    The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

I shall have a drink for you Don..... The past year was cruel to you and I pray that you are at peace now.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
        I'm glad you did even though it was a blow and so unbelievable at the time. I'm going to call you in a few and see if you found out anything about the autopsy report, as I really don't want to discuss it here.
        Nuts is in contact with his family Julie , wait,out.

Comment

I believe this is his online Obit page. For any of our members that would like to sign it or leave a thought for the family.

Donald Lee Lambert Obituary - Sebastian, Florida - Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons
          Last edited by Gun Grape; 19 Jul 13,, 22:03.

Comment

Good deal, Gunny. Thank you.
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

From his daughter Ashlee: For anyone who knew my dad or wishes to honor his memory, we will be having a memorial service on Sunday at 1:00 pm. It will be at Stony Creek Metropark at the Northdale Pavilion. It is informal, and everyone is encouraged to come with stories of my dad to celebrate his memory.

Comment

Terrible news :(

RIP, Don!
                "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Rip
                  “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

I just checked my notification and noticed while back Don had sent me a "Friend request", so I searched his name and noticed this thread, terrible indeed.

Rest in peace Don, you will be missed.

Sean! my sincere condolences to you and rest of the family and friends.

Comment

just saw the thread...

its a shame that we are so lost in our daily concerns. what could be more serious than this anyway?

Rest in peace & in lights Don.

My deepest condolences to his family & friends.

Allah rahmet eylesin, huzur içinde yat Don...
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

i wonder if it is possible to not to close these great Wabbers (like Jay & Don) accounts and gice them something like "honorary global moderatorship"??? and list their names & nicks in all WAB related lists? or something like that... you understand me i hope.?
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                          i wonder if it is possible to not to close these great Wabbers (like Jay & Don) accounts and gice them something like "honorary global moderatorship"??? and list their names & nicks in all WAB related lists? or something like that... you understand me i hope.?
                          A wall of rememberance perhaps , yes Kerem , im all for that , gone but not forgotten . ;)

Comment

A 'Garden of Remembrance' Thread for all and any past WABbers...once a WABbit always a WABbit

Comment

or remove the emeritus from those of us who have it and give it to those who have passed on.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                                or remove the emeritus from those of us who have it and give it to those who have passed on.
                                I think Emeritus should be retained as it is well earned for time and service. Perhaps, Passed Emeritus

Comment

Working...
                                X