No announcement yet.

Don Lambert (Shamus) has passed on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest in Peace, Don (Shamus) Lambert. A drink for you is at the table tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      I also was in contact thro f/b , never thought I would be reading this , RIP m8

[ATTACH]33390[/ATTACH]
      Me as well, and we talked over the phone at times. Last time I talked with him was just a few weeks ago. I would have never seen this one coming. I have lost a very good friend.

Rest in peace Don.

Comment

I called him Walter after his moniker from The Big Lebowski. Incredibly funny guy. I knew things were decidedly not kosher in his world. I didn't know, though, how to deal with it very well. He'll be deeply missed. More, maybe, than he might imagine.

Oh well. We're all just passin' time on Planet Earth. Some maybe a bit better than others. Still, just a way station.
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

RIP Don

Two highly respected Wabbers in short order, this is incredibly sad
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

May the Good Lord bless his soul.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Rest in Peace Shamus.

I will miss you.
              sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Don was a great guy. When he found out I was coming to the US in 2011 he offered to drive a fair distance just to meet up with me. Sadly I didn't get close enough to him to arrange it, but that told me something about the sort of guy he was. Another blow to WAB. My thoughts are with his family. Sleep well Shamus.
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Rest in Peace, Shamus.
                  All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                  -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

This has been tough for us as WABbits, let alone their grieving families.

This is going to sound weird, but I think people who are WAB regulars tend to be older than 95% of the other forums out there. Rather than threads like "1 V 1 Flanker v F-22 OMG!!" or "Bush Sux Dix LOLZ", we have thoughtful threads, shall we say mature threads, without all the text message shorthand and teeny-bopper crap so prevalent elsewhere.

Given that, this is bound to happen. We are all under a sentence of death here on spaceship earth. RIP.

Comment

When I first read I didn't make the leap to the name.

DAMN!

Seamus was....IS....an awesome WABber.

You will be missed, Walter. Now you are free to bowl on Shabbos.

Fuck it....let's bowl!
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                        Me as well, and we talked over the phone at times. Last time I talked with him was just a few weeks ago. I would have never seen this one coming. I have lost a very good friend.

Rest in peace Don.
                        I was very sorry to be the bearer of this to you Julie , as you know we were all close , some more than others as in yourself , im very honoured to have known my cyber bro , and also very very saddened with his passing , we were discussing a vacation in the UK with myself and Nuts ( herr Lukins) along with us ,,,sincere condolences to his family , RIP till we meet soon Don ,keep the virgins virginal buddy , the grogg cool , and the powder dry . ahhhh bollox ,defile some but keep a few virgins for us raggy arsed tankies m8.

Comment

Rip

Comment

RIP Shamey.
                            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              I was very sorry to be the bearer of this to you Julie , as you know we were all close , some more than others as in yourself , im very honoured to have known my cyber bro , and also very very saddened with his passing , we were discussing a vacation in the UK with myself and Nuts ( herr Lukins) along with us ,,,sincere condolences to his family , RIP till we meet soon Don ,keep the virgins virginal buddy , the grogg cool , and the powder dry . ahhhh bollox ,defile some but keep a few virgins for us raggy arsed tankies m8.
                              I'm glad you did even though it was a blow and so unbelievable at the time. I'm going to call you in a few and see if you found out anything about the autopsy report, as I really don't want to discuss it here.

Comment

RIP mate
                                Linkeden:
                                http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                                http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X