X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    That's not at all what happened.
    This is the BBC Tankie watched it on:whome:
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Note to oneself , dont listen to the BBC news .
      They are shockers at times Eric. I listen to them all the time, I just take their synopsis with a LARGE grain of salt.

Leibniz

Comment

I posted a link of the recordings and it was one of them the beeb used ?

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
          wrongful death, future pain & suffering, and putative damage.
          1. How you got to that particular sum?
          2. Do you really expect him to pay it? Even if convinced and ordered by the court?

I never got this with ridiculous sums asked as compensation from people who can't pay them.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
            and Zimmerman admitted that TM was doing nothing wrong, only wearing a hoodie in which in Zimmerman's eyes made TM suspicious which is not a valid basis for reasonable articulable suspicion.
            Where in the court case or Zimmerman's statements did he say wearing a hoodie made Martin suspicious?

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
              And after legal expenses Zimmerman will have exactly how much in assets?
              Every network that covered the case, online news agencies, and other venues will be sued by Zimmerman and his family and loose. That is a lot of money.

All that editing of video where he got his nose broken and back of the head bashed in, lying about the phone call and other aspects of the case. See the problem they have is that they bet by lying on the case ending how they wanted, now that it hasn't not only have they lost credibility they also loose any possibility of winning a libel suit.

My guess is there may not even be a civil suit and if there is one it will end before the libel suits.

Zimmerman will most likely file for bankruptcy and pay nothing if he looses the civil case. The problem is that he may win it because he was assaulted and there was no way for him to run or do anything other than to shoot the dude doing the assaulting.
              Last edited by cyppok; 14 Jul 13,, 21:14.
              Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                I posted a link of the recordings and it was one of them the beeb used ?
                Without context they are meaningless, or in the Beebs case deliberately misleading context.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by cyppok View Post
                  Every network that covered the case, online news agencies, and other venues will be sued by Zimmerman and his family and loose. That is a lot of money.

All that editing of video where he got his nose broken and back of the head bashed in, lying about the phone call and other aspects of the case. See the problem they have is that they bet by lying on the case ending how they wanted, now that it hasn't not only have they lost credibility they also loose any possibility of winning a libel suit.

My guess is there may not even be a civil suit and if there is one it will end before the libel suits.
                  From what I read at the time there will be quite a few media outlets that are liable

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                    Without context they are meaningless, or in the Beebs case deliberately misleading context.
                    Right then , i refuse to wear a blindfold , fire n be damned :slap:

Comment

Interesting...

Emotion vs. reason at the Zimmerman trial

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I'll just add of course that in nuzeelundish crackers means you're barmy, which is not to be confused with balmy. Which means that according to Trayvon Martins girlfriend, Trayvon said he was being followed by a loony with a perturbing bottom.
                        Perturbing or protuding? I was camping with the kids and missed some of the trial.

Comment

From what I read at the time there will be quite a few media outlets that are liable
                          Most wont be because as the press they acted in good faith and so are immune. NBC on the other hand is in deep pue-doo.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            Everything seems to be about the churning waters of emotion smashing through the crumbling dike of reason these days. Intentions matter, not results. Coldly rational arguments are dismissed as heartless. Soaring rhetoric is more important that sober reflection upon past history.

And above all, the rule of law has been discarded in favor of passionate action. Whatever a majority, or even a vocal minority, is convinced is the "right thing to do" must be done at once, never mind whether it's done right. The lack of necessary legal authority is a trifling distraction. Why let the intricate legal musings of dead white males stand against the "fierce urgency of now?" Why should the righteous many fret about the rights of the few who dissent? We have to Do Something, about everything, and universal participation is mandatory.
                            Liberalism in a nutshell
                            Last edited by TopHatter; 14 Jul 13,, 22:55.
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

They are shockers at times Eric. I listen to them all the time, I just take their synopsis with a LARGE grain of salt.
                              Before or after the tequila

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                                Before or after the tequila
                                What kind of question is this? Salt, Tequila, Lime ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X