No announcement yet.

Malala Day at the UN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She missed out on the Nobel Prize, but the publicity is still a win.

Syria chemical weapons inspectors win Nobel peace prize
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

Yeah, I was kinda hoping she'd win it, too; instead, a faceless organization that not very many people have ever heard about won it.
      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

Damn I was close or what?
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I'm disappointed she didn't win, but her journey has just started. My congratulations to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).

Almost lost this week in all the speculation about a possible Nobel Prize is the release of Malala's autobiography

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
          Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb / Little, Brown and Company / 2013 / 352pp

In addition, the Malala Fund has been established to help educate millions of children around the globe who are denied an education.
          sigpic

Comment

I am proud of that little girl. And PAKISTAN, I MEAN YOU ALL PAKISTAN! YOU ALLOW ONE FREAKING HAIR ON THIS BEAUTIFUL WOMAN TO BE HARMED! AND I MEAN YOU, AM, THEN YOU INVITE YOURSELF FOR WAR!

It does not mean we will go to war! But you have given us all the reasons we need!

Comment

Pak Taliban bans bookshops from selling 'I am Malala'
              October12, 2013

Islamabad: The Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan has reportedly warned that those who are found selling the book titled 'I am Malala', authored by Malala Yousufzai, who was shot by the Taliban, will face serious consequences. The TTP said that Malala had not performed any act of bravery but swapped her religion Islam with secularism for which she is being rewarded. A spokesman for the group, Shahidullah Shahid said that they knew that Malala would get awards from the enemies of Islam. He further said that the Taliban will not lose an opportunity to kill Malala and those who were found selling her book will be targeted, the report added.
              Source: Deccan Chronicle

Dear friends. On the 9th of October 2012, the Taliban shot me on the left side of my forehead. They shot my friends too. They thought that the bullet would silence us, but they failed.
              And out of that silence came thousands of voices. The terrorists thought they would change my aims and stop my ambitions. But nothing changed in my life except this:
              Weakness, fear, and hopelessness died. Strength, power, and courage was born.

Malala Yousufzai - United Nations - 12 July 2013
              sigpic

Comment

For all our strength and sophistication, no amount of drone strikes, Tomahawk missiles, Carrier Battle Groups, or Stealth Bombers could strike as much fear to the Taliban as this young determined girl. Godspeed.
                "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Working...
                X