Asiana accident in San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asiana accident in San Francisco

Hey man do us all a favor and check in since there was a 777 crash.

Listening to live audio now and just heard a triage report... :(

Comment

Googled it, says it is Asiana Airlines, based in Seoul, Korea.

Hope Chogy is flying for another company.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        Googled it, says it is Asiana Airlines, based in Seoul, Korea.

Hope Chogy is flying for another company.
        CNN said it was United... early and confusing.

Comment

Ok just confirmed it was Asiana. I think Chogy works for a US domestic carrier. Regardless, prayers for the injured and RIP for the dead.

Comment

From what I can find so far it says

"FAA confirms Boeing 777 plane crashed in San Francisco, tail wobbled, plane flipped, lots of burn damage on top, several people with burn injuries, plane crashed upon landing and the tail of plane came off pet eye witnesses, back end of plane missing, slide deployed on one side of emergency exit"

Hope the casualties rate will be minimal.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              From what I can find so far it says

"FAA confirms Boeing 777 plane crashed in San Francisco, tail wobbled, plane flipped, lots of burn damage on top, several people with burn injuries, plane crashed upon landing and the tail of plane came off pet eye witnesses, back end of plane missing, slide deployed on one side of emergency exit"

Hope the casualties rate will be minimal.
              The bad

Multiple red carded causalties enroute to area hospitals. Obvious impact at waters edge, water SAR efforts underway in case the missing tail area of the plane dumped anyone into the water. No open doors at the rear of the plane (out the hole in the back hopefully)

The Good

most reported injuries are yellow and green, have not heard of any blacks. The doors are open to the plane plus at least 3 emergency chutes deployed (2 are hard to see under white foam) showing evidence of evacuation. Ambulance rotation just got moved to staging only, no more [known] casualties at crash site.

Comment

God bless all....and praying Chogy is still behind the stick.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

The flight was from Seoul, Korea.

I never thought I'd live to say this, but hope Yello was not visiting relatives.

Comment

Latest via SF papers

South Korean passenger jet crashes at SFO - SFGate

Airliner crashes at SFO

I would imagine that someone is going to have a picture or video of this plane coming in for the landing which will show what happened. There are several places along the Bayshore Highway and then Airport Road where plane watchers gather to watch operations. I, myself, have done so back in the 80's and 90's having both binoculars and camera. Best place is Bayfront Park right next to the action.

Just saw a photo where you could see the top of the tail and the two horizontal stabilizers right at the very beginning of the runway. Looks almost like a tail strike.
                    Last edited by tbm3fan; 06 Jul 13,, 21:41.

Comment

Initial reports, 291 souls on board, all off alive.

Comment

Then as the CEO of Asiana Airlines, I would be doing a tap dance after hearing the news that everybody made it off alive!

Comment

Now hearing reports of 2 dead 61 injured.

Comment

2 dead, 30 badly injured and 10 critical (8 adults, 2 children)

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                              2 dead, 30 badly injured and 10 critical (8 adults, 2 children)
                              10 critical would square with the number of reds I heard called out.

Comment

Working...
                              X