No announcement yet.

RIP Opera Browser ~1996 to July 2, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not keeping anything older then 1 year. Unless really important.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I still have some mailbox files from FIDOnet on some old HDD. Those are around 20-25 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        If we go to pre-Opera era, they will have even less worries. NS/IE compatible. Yeah!
        And no mobile browsers to worry about too. On the other hand browsers didn't had as many features for web developers as they have now.

Comment

To be fair most of those features don't rely or depend on the browser but on external software. Java and Flash mostly nowadays.

Comment

All I want is a browser that allows me to use addons and disable javascript.

Javascript sucks.

Comment

FF and Chrome allow you to pick which addons will work. Not sure about IE ;)

Moreover, I believe FF by default blocks Java.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

FF and Chrome allow you to pick which addons will work. Not sure about IE ;)
                I have been using FF for many years. The problem with it is that each addon hoggs up more memory. Last year I finally narrowed down on and removed adblock because it hogged unusually large amounts of my ram. Just 30mins on browsing through flicker photos would bring the browser to a crawl. Now I use just two addons, one is for dictionary lookup and the other is for the local language input.

Moreover, I believe FF by default blocks Java.
                Yes It has the options to block java or/and javascript, both of which I keep disabled 98% of the time.

Comment

Thinking of it... If you are operating on 64bit OS (with 64bit apps), memory shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X