No announcement yet.

Poorman Aero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, electronics and engine are here, what is missing is battery with the charger, new prop to accommodate new engine, wiring and wheel struts. I've realized that this approach, sort of reverse engineering, sets limits for the "abstract" design process of the air frame construction, might be right way to go since now I have one very important factor fixed and that is weight. Anyhow, this is drawing to a close, so I think that next month, when the battery and the charger arrive I will start actual airframe construction.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wab is back right on time, the assembly begins next week.

Comment

No luck, the laser cutter guys are on vacation so I will use the time to re check the design. Unfortunately the weight problem, that I thought to be solved, turned out to be quite a danger for the structural part of the airframe so I had to go with the new motor. It fits the prop I bought and a big plus is that this motor can be turned into a pusher which will save the money on other projects.
        Attached Files

Comment

Big bummer was that, due to materials, the initial idea to slowly move from a powered glider to a "normal" plane didn't worked so I had to go straight to the powered flight. The aircraft will be 500 class one. Engine itself produces little over 4 pounds of thrust with 10/6, 3 pale prop.
          Last edited by Versus; 25 Jul 15,, 13:44.

Comment

The air foil that I was able to cook up for this project. It has a decent lift between 2-4 AOA degrees
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Versus; 25 Jul 15,, 13:51.

Comment

And for the next madness...he he he he Things will get seriously mad.
              Attached Files

Comment

I am in the middle of actual CAD modeling of the bird and everything is fine, the maiden flight is scheduled for the 24-27th, this month. I will post pictures of actual making once I finish the drafting.
                Until than, here is some serious work from other guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeL3LhrmeME

Comment

By the same time when the FAA dropped legislative measure http://hackaday.com/2015/12/21/heres...nt-make-sense/ our lawmakers brought the same one which will be adopted next year, limiting the weight to one pound. Americans got luckier, as they got 2 pounds limitation. Mo money,mo money,mo money...the bureaucracy God wants mo money.

Comment

For next project I bought a cheap 55 mm EDF engine and while eating pudding I found out that it fits perfectly as an exhaust nozzle for the jet, thus making it a pudding jet. Simple life hacks, hehe. But we will see if it decrease or increase the trust once the engine is rigged but for now it looks kind of cool.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am sorry for this project, it drags for far too long, but I am unable to find any free time because of work. But now I do have some free days, due to holidays so I will post the prop updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Versus View Post
                        I am sorry for this project, it drags for far too long, but I am unable to find any free time because of work. But now I do have some free days, due to holidays so I will post the prop updates.
                        I'm not judging.

Everytime I start a large hobby projects, things at work become hectic so that time and energy become a scarce commodity, Which is kindof a good thing careerwise, though.

There are plenty of modellers with the same problem that have a storage room full of unbuilt kits.

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
                          I'm not judging.

Everytime I start a large hobby projects, things at work become hectic so that time and energy become a scarce commodity, Which is kindof a good thing careerwise, though.

There are plenty of modellers with the same problem that have a storage room full of unbuilt kits.
                          Yea, at first I had low paid job (well actually it wasn't low paid, were working for less hours) so I had the time but not the money for the parts. Now, I am cranking more hours and have more money for the parts but almost no time to dedicate to this project. Sucks, big time...

Comment

I went to a Bank to pay my internet bill today and decided to have fun with them, by asking for a credit for airplane development. Poor woman was so happy to see me and thrilled when I said magic words ( I would like ask you for some money) but when she heard the reason, oh my God, that look on her face...Priceless. She was like a humanoid droid that had a short circuit. Customer wants money? yes/no? yes, proceed to next level, ask for credit purpose?Research/Development. Error 404, category development-unknown, category research-unknown,call security yes/no.

I laughed all the way as I went home.

Ahhh, bankers, they are never boring.
                            Last edited by Versus; 02 Feb 16,, 21:26.

Comment

Our aviation authorities adopted an draconian set of rules, severely limiting the RC hobby. It all started after that idiotic drone incident with the Albanian soccer team, when their fans brought the drone to the game and launched it, carrying the flag of Great Albania. That created huge commotion among our aviation authority and prompting them to make new rules for flying RC airplanes and "drones". Usual thing was the registration followed with the exam to get a license. Of course this all costs money, but to make matters worse, every flying object has to be inspected by the military authorities in their flight research center in order to determine if the flying object represents the threat or not.
                              But who cares I am going with my projects, regardless of the regulations. I got all the parts and logistic equipment, mainly for the batteries. The only thing that I am missing now is stupid time.

Problems problems always problems.

Comment

Bogus wind tunnel test but it works, airfoil that I designed was actually able to create lift and maintain it in the turbulent airflow. Horray, I have another block in my puzzle.
                                Here it is, in flight.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X