Poorman Aero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
    Why not use blue Styrofoam (compressed foam) instead? You can even use white Styrofoam ( disposable Ice Chest) if the supplies are scares.

How is the project going btw?
    The project is finished in terms of calculations and design, which is a good thing. The bad thing is that now we are busy constructing the machines that should help with the manufactureing and testing. But today I finally bought the 60 W transformers so that I can make hot wire knives.

It has been going very slow, because of the work, I mean my real job, and the freelance jobs I had to take in order to finance all this, but soon I will post updates, especially after hot wire knives are constructed. There will be three of them, one is small, freehand tool that will be used for small surface curvatures and cuts, other one is linear for large sheet cutting and the third one is the most complex (and most costly) as it is actually an CNC router. To make matters worse, my CFD license expired, so now I need to make a wind tunnel as well and all that costs a lots of money and time, hence...delays and slow ups. But the major win is that I was able to make a deal with the woodcutter so I will get discount for the laser cutting in exchange for designing the mirror frames for him. Yay.
    Last edited by Versus; 05 Jul 14,, 14:09.

Comment

IT WORKS!!! YAY!!!! Things will get very interesting quite soon.

Comment

So in order to stay away from inclusive exclusive concepts and logic, lets make a small break into applied physics and math. Weekend is scheduled for the building the wingzzzzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Versus View Post
          So in order to stay away from inclusive exclusive concepts and logic, lets make a small break into applied physics and math. Weekend is scheduled for the building the wingzzzzz.
          If I don't see any picture, it didn't happen.

Comment

Saga continues....
            Attached Files

Comment

Well, things were going fine, the specs have been calculated and everything was fine as far as theoretical and analytical part of this project goes. Problems accrued with the parts and components as some key components were not available or were out of the price range. So a lot of adjustments and changes were made in the design, one of them being the EDF propulsion (due to problems with the parts for the outrunner prop configuration). But at the end, I've decided to bite the bullet and go with the low KV outrunner motor, instead of EDF, although it is fairly expensive. The ESC has the SBEC and it is 45 Amps one from Turingy. Programming card is expected to arrive next month. For the Rx/Tx I've chosen Turingy also, 6 ch FHSS at standard 2.4 Ghz which is due to arrive next month also. In addition, cheaper Riccs station will be used as a flight simulator. Servos are I guess standard, analog micro from hobby king with fairly reasonable torque so I think they will be fine since this will be fairly slow bird and not very maneuverable (acrobatic). Also experiments with the materials yielded good results as I've learned how to make foam boards plastic so that they can bend without breaking. Also several hot knives were made, two static and two hand held. As a special treat an CNC foam cutter is in the works for later projects.
              Last edited by Versus; 01 Mar 15,, 19:43.

Comment

Ferite cores are ordered, to neutralize noise and assure smooth running of the servos, silicone battery casing for the li-po pack and some stuff for the workbench.

Comment

Mate, with this tempo you'll reach Boeing or LM engineer's pace.
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Have no fear, simulator is here.

Aaand with 40 euros less in my pocket, Tx+software+cables, this thing is super fun to use and it saves so much money for training. Of course,nothing can beat the real thing, but for basic coordination its second to none. I will knock myself out from virtual flying and training...Need to get ready for the spring time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      Mate, with this tempo you'll reach Boeing or LM engineer's pace.
                      Well yea, but I would like to see them making something with 500$ budget. We are talking hundreds, not millions or billions. This sum is not for aircraft only, its for maintenance and machining, materials,training etc...But still, it is not enough to wash out the sadness from the last night's tragedy :(
                      Last edited by Versus; 14 Mar 15,, 18:15.

Comment

Well, this is odd, from all the airplanes supported by the simulator, I've bonded flawlessly with this one. Flying it, it feels like a part of me...Second is A-10 jet powered and some glow engine low wing trainer. Hardest ones to fly are canard configurations.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is the first training video of the fourth day of virtual flight school. Its a bit crummy because of the recorder, but I will figure out better solution for the next videos.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dENk...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Gee Bee, insane take off and landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klQ7...ature=youtu.be

Comment

And for the end, A-10, turbine powered. It was super intense, especially while landing, almost stalled out once, but at the end I was able to land it.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eJU...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Question for the RC branch here. Since this model will carry telemetry and I have two options, Spektrum and Futaba, which one to chose?. There is also one brand, Eagle Tree which offers telemetry within a reasonable price range, but I don't know its compatibility with the Rx systems. Any help? Turingy solution was abandoned as their stations that have telemetry are not available here.

Comment

Working...
                                X