No announcement yet.

Soviet Surgical Strike 1969

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... we know how this "saga" unfolded.

What I was interested in how pinpoint accurate Soviets have been in 1969 and if they had a surgical strike strategy or was it more of a salvo strikes on targets and near them.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      Hmmm... we know how this "saga" unfolded.

What I was interested in how pinpoint accurate Soviets have been in 1969 and if they had a surgical strike strategy or was it more of a salvo strikes on targets and near them.
      With hydrogen bombs you don't really need to be all that accurate, you can destroy an entire city and still have it be a surgical strike. I'm wondering if your confusing surgical strikes with precision strikes? They are not the same thing. Lets say you are an enemy state and you have 5 high value targets that I feel will win me a conflict by taking them out. It doesn't matter if I use conventional or WMD strikes if I take them out quick without the prolonged fighting of a conventional war it is a surgical strike. Like a cancer treatment I was able to hit just the target/tumor and surrounding tissue. That is a surgical strike. In the specific historical context, look at the US's NEACP and Looking Glass programs designed to preserve American command and control in the case of nuclear war including decapitating first strikes- possibly with a slant shot from a boomer off the coast.

Noun 1. surgical strike - an attack (usually without prior warning) intended to deal only with a specific target
      strike - an attack that is intended to seize or inflict damage on or destroy an objective; "the strike was scheduled to begin at dawn"

Precision strikes, from taking out a specific bridge or building or as we see with smaller pieces or ordnance like a hell fire- a specific room is a precision strike.

Comment

Then, I will admit it, I was confused :red:
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
        X