Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea proposes high-level nuclear talks with US

Reading this article I was struck by the photo accompanying it:

It occurred to me that I have seen many photos in which Lil' Kim always seems to be being duck-walked by a couple of military aids like he is being arrested or he is infirm or intoxicated. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this just extreme concern for his safety and the fear he might trip and have his companions executed for it or is he really in need of help walking? I can recall being on shore patrol and "helping" numerous shipmates of mine get back to the ship this way after a long night of drinking.
    Attached Files

well the concern is wether the discussions are on or is it off before start up ..

Comment

PANAMA CITY — Panama's president said the country has seized a North Korean-flagged ship carrying what appeared to be ballistic missiles and other arms that had set sail from Cuba on its way to the Pacific.

Panamanian President Ricardo Martinelli told RPC radio on Monday that the ship had been headed for North Korea. There were no immediate details on the quantity of arms aboard.

Martinelli said the undeclared military cargo appeared to include missiles and non-conventional arms and the ship was violating United Nations resolutions against arms trafficking.

Earlier, the president said on his Twitter account that the arms were "hidden in containers underneath the cargo of sugar."

He offered no details but posted a photo of what appeared to be a green tubular object sitting inside a cargo container or the ship's hold.

Panamanian authorities have only searched one of the ship's five cargo holds so far, said Luis Eduardo Camacho, a spokesman for the president.

"This material not being declared and Panama being a neutral country, a country in peace, that doesn't like war, we feel very worried about this war material and we don't know what else will have ... passed through the Panama Canal," Martinelli said.

The governments of North Korea and Cuba had not commented on Martinelli's remarks as of Tuesday morning.

Hugh Griffiths, an arms trafficking expert at the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, said the seized ship is called Chong Chon Gang and has been on the institute's suspect list for some time.

He said the ship had been caught before for trafficking narcotics and small arms ammunition. It was stopped in 2010 in the Ukraine and was attacked by pirates 400 miles off the coast of Somalia in 2009.

Griffiths' institute has also been interested in the ship because of a stop it made in 2009 in Tartus – a Syrian port city hosting a Russian naval base.

Griffiths also said the institute earlier this year reported to the U.N. a discovery it made of a flight from Cuba to North Korea that travelled via central Africa.

"Given the history of North Korea, Cuban military cooperation and now this latest seizure, we find this flight more interesting," he said. "After this incident there should be renewed focus on North Korean-Cuban links."

Martinelli told RPC the 35 North Koreans on the boat resisted police efforts to take the ship to the Caribbean port of Manzanillo. The crew was later taken into custody.

Martinelli said the captain had a heart attack and also tried to commit suicide during the operation.

He said authorities had been tipped off some days ago that the ship might be carrying drugs.

___

AP writer Malin Rising in Stockholm contributed to this report.

North Korean Ship Seized By Panama For Allegedly Carrying Ballistic Missiles
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
        Reading this article I was struck by the photo accompanying it:[ATTACH]33153[/ATTACH]

It occurred to me that I have seen many photos in which Lil' Kim always seems to be being duck-walked by a couple of military aids like he is being arrested or he is infirm or intoxicated. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this just extreme concern for his safety and the fear he might trip and have his companions executed for it or is he really in need of help walking? I can recall being on shore patrol and "helping" numerous shipmates of mine get back to the ship this way after a long night of drinking.
        Maybe he still has "sea legs" after having gotten off that ship in the background?
        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
        X