No announcement yet.

Tribute for Jay/USS Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never knew he was ill... My prayers are with his family and if we can find a way to contribute so that his family know much we respected and liked him I shall be happy to do so.

This was his final pm to me when I was debating somewhat heatedly with astralis and DOR on the US economic thread; it says alot about the sort of person he was.

Hi, I'm glad you are here

Snapper,

I enjoy reading your posts, they are appreciated. It concerns me to see the frustration in your most recent posts. I believe most contributing Wabbits butt heads with certain other Wabbits. It happens to me frequently, but there are usually many others who treat us as friends and valued contributors. Some of the people I argue with and disagree with are still good friends, even though there are times I'd feel like I'm going to snap and give them a good flaming. So far, I've managed to hold off on my friends, but I certainly lost it on the Chinese terrorism thread the other day with that kyli character.

Economics isn't my chosen field of study (naval history, science and engineering are), but it affects my life and I can't afford not to try and learn more. I have read a lot and learned a bit on economics here, but don't really have any good analysis or answers to put forth. I hope you'll continue to offer yours, since they seem to offer a viable alternative to some of the other ideas I've heard about here. Your ideas and arguments are well thought out and well presented. Your unique sense of humor and approach are something I've come to look forward to. The WAB has been a favorite place for about five years now, and I am grateful to be a part of it, thanks to you and others here. Its our differences that make the WAB interesting.

Thanks for being here. :hug:

Your Friend
    Jay

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
      BR,

let me look into it when i get home. thanks for letting me know.
      Any update?
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Please sign the condolence book, eventually we will also share this link with the family

View - Amundson, John "Jay"*-*Book of Remembrance - Online Memorials and Condolences
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

done

Comment

Done
            sigpic

Comment

Done on F/B , RIP John .

Comment

Cool! will do tonite.
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

all:

i've looked into the donate button. i'm not wholly comfortable with inserting this into the WAB, so i think it best to stick to the written condolences and Minskaya's excellent recommendation of a donation to the American Cancer Society.

regarding tarek, unfortunately a while back he decided that he needed to step away from his role as admin and concentrate on his day-to-day life and health. his disease is generally not life-threatening, but it certainly lowers quality of life greatly (to put it mildly). i certainly hope the best for him and hope he recovers enough to come back and say hi before invading france...
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm sure we all wish Tarek a speedy recovery. His choice of vampire girlfriends needs to be reined in.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                      regarding tarek, unfortunately a while back he decided that he needed to step away from his role as admin and concentrate on his day-to-day life and health. his disease is generally not life-threatening, but it certainly lowers quality of life greatly (to put it mildly). i certainly hope the best for him and hope he recovers enough to come back and say hi before invading france...
                      This thread is a testament that when health is an issue, there are no guarantees. Please convey to Tarek our concern and our collective thoughts and prayers.
                      sigpic

Comment

Same for me...and I bet Poland is getting a little nervous as well.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Gentlemen/ladies, has anyone given thought to the tribute? Have we agreed on the flag?

If so, how will we be collecting the money/who will be doing the ordering?

Comment

Fair winds and Following Seas!

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                              Gentlemen/ladies, has anyone given thought to the tribute? Have we agreed on the flag?

If so, how will we be collecting the money/who will be doing the ordering?
                              Good Q , is anyone in touch with the family ? and if so would they be able/willing to accept paypal donations which for myself and others would make it an easy transaction .

Comment

Any update?
                                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                                X