• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
    Your presumption is well founded.
    It is indeed.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I am devastated by this terrible news. Jay fought his health battles with dignity and courage and it was indeed a huge privilege to have known him here on the WAB. All our lives have been enriched by him and I'm sure he won't be forgotten. He loved the WAB and cherished its Members and we are a better place for knowing Jay. May he Rest in Peace...his battle done.

Comment

I'm rather shocked to hear/read this. I only knew his online persona for a short while on WAB, but he left a strong impression even in that time. He was among a handful of posters I respected immensely and he was a pleasure to engage with even when we disagreed.

Rest in Peace.
        Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
        https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

Rest In Peace BB-64, we'll miss you.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Just got back from a long trip... not a good way to start the day.

He truly was a gentle soul, and all one can say is, he will be missed. Terribly.

Blue skies and a fair wind, my friend.

Comment

R.I.P. USS Wisconsin. I never had the pleasure of knowing him, but I enjoyed his posts on WAB very much. Like others have said before, he was probably one of the most calm, composed and good-natured posters here.

Comment

This is aweful, we were just chatting the other day.

Jay has consistently been a great forum member and a great guy to chat with.
                We have lost a close friend

I also feel somewhat guilty, I just learned about this while browsing a different post
                Last edited by antimony; 10 Jun 13,, 17:29.
                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Though I only had the opportunity to know him through his posts here on the WAB, his eloquence and intellect was a constant inspiration to my young and markedly inexperienced mind. I would only be so lucky to attain but an iota of his knowledgeability. RIP

Last edited by Red Team; 10 Jun 13,, 19:01.
                  "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

R.I.P. Jay.
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

It is moments like these that one realises that WAB is really a family. I never knew you personally Jay, but your posts always commanded one to stop and consider. I feel guilty that even though I admired you all the time, I was too focused on myself to tell you that you are great Jay.

Rest in peace gentle-man, you will be sorely missed.

Comment

I sent an email to former WABber 7thsfsniper as he knew Jay a little. He wanted me to pass on his condolences and fond remembrances of Jay.
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Well done Ben , Kudos
                          Last edited by tankie; 11 Jun 13,, 11:49.

Comment

Please sign the condolence book, eventually we will also share this link with the family

View - Amundson, John "Jay"*-*Book of Remembrance - Online Memorials and Condolences
                            Last edited by bigross86; 11 Jun 13,, 19:01.
                            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

You are already missed Jay. The world is now a colder and less hospitable place. It is rare honor and a privilege to meet such a fine gentleman as yourself, even if it was only over the WAB. I hope you accomplished all you wanted in this life and are enjoying the better place where you are now. Tomorrow I will open my best bottle of scotch and toast you while I go back through your many wonderful and thought provoking post's. May God take your soul and watch over and protect those you love in your absence.
                              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

This still hurts.

Like myself, Jay loved science and physics. When I thought I knew something, Jay knew it better, and would explain things in the most patient and kind way imaginable. He was the rare sort of individual who would never make you feel small.

I like to think that Jay now knows the secrets of the cosmos, the infinite... all of time and space is before him, there is nothing hidden to him. And may the wonder and beauty of it all satiate his soul for all time.

Comment

Working...
                                X