Kalifornia gets worse, even more idiotic gun laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalifornia gets worse, even more idiotic gun laws

California lawmakers OK a dozen gun-control measures - latimes.com If this doesn't get Gunnut to move nothing will. :bang:
    CADPIPE

I think we all saw this coming... taxes and control on ammunition, powder, and primers.

I wish they would simply be honest and say "We hate guns and want ALL of them to vanish" rather than the pathetic lip-service paid to the 2nd amendment. It's a giant "wink-wink" deal.

If I were a California gun person, I'd set myself up with a progressive reloader. Drive to Nevada, and purchase 10,000+ primers, powder, and bullets as needed.

Comment

New Term

[QUOTE= progressive reloader[/QUOTE] We need a new term for this, hate the word progressive, almost as much as I hate "progressives". Maybe "Self advancing reloader", "Semi auto reloader" "Multi tasking Reloader"
      CADPIPE

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
        I wish they would simply be honest and say "We hate guns and want ALL of them to vanish" rather than the pathetic lip-service paid to the 2nd amendment. It's a giant "wink-wink" deal.
        Couldn't agree more. They see the 2nd Amendment as a hideous aberration on the part of the Founding Fathers, or at best referring to muzzle-loading flintlocks. Because you know, there wasn't any sort of advancement in weaponry to be seen for miles.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Let out a few thousand hardened criminals due to "overcrowding", foster an environment that allows gangs to flourish, open the border and welcome millions of illegals that have and maintain closer ties to their homeland than to America, then crap all over law abiding gun owners like they are the scum of the earth. What could possibly go wrong?
          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            Because you know, there wasn't any sort of advancement in weaponry to be seen for miles.
            Louis L'amour's Ferguson Rifle was a good read.

Small arms advances were interesting but oh so slow from 1500's to the late 1800's. You had wheellocks, miquelets, matchlocks, flintlocks for hundreds of years. The percussion cap helped things along. Finally, in the Civil War era, you had some interesting advancements with the Spencer and the Henry.

IMO, if the Union army had adopted the Spencer or at least the breech-loading percussion Sharps in quantity, they would have dominated. Volume of fire was everything in those battles. Of course, conservative leadership balked at the expense, when they had "perfectly good" .58 cal Springfield rifles in quantity.

Interestingly, quite a number of dug-up civil war muzzleloaders had a dozen or so loads in the barrel, stacked up on top of each other. The poor soldier didn't even know his rifle was misfiring, and he'd continue loading on top of what was already in the barrel. Either he wasn't capping the nipple, or the nipple was blocked.

Comment

Californians who want to buy ammunition would have to submit personal information and a $50 fee for a background check by the state, under a bill passed by the Senate. The state Department of Justice would determine whether buyers have a criminal record, severe mental illness or a restraining order that would disqualify them from owning guns.
              Is this even constitutional? I dread any of this in case I need to make any job related move to Cali.

The Senate also OK'd a bill that would outlaw the sale, purchase and manufacture in California of semiautomatic rifles that can accommodate detachable magazines. The measure, SB 374 by Steinberg, also would require those who own such weapons to register them with the state.
              WTF does this even mean? Semiautos without magazines? and I thought registration was unconstitutional

Sen. Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) said he was glad the Boy Scouts' national council recently decided to allow openly gay minors to serve as scouts. But he said it was unacceptable that the organization did not also lift its ban on gays serving as adult leaders.
              And this is another bit of asininity.

I fully support gay rights, but how can the govt. discriminate on the basis of what an organization believes? What about separation of church and state ?
              Last edited by antimony; 03 Jun 13,, 17:24.
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                Californians who want to buy ammunition would have to submit personal information and a $50 fee for a background check by the state, under a bill passed by the Senate. The state Department of Justice would determine whether buyers have a criminal record, severe mental illness or a restraining order that would disqualify them from owning guns.
                Is this even constitutional? I dread any of this in case I need to make any job related move to Cali.
                Why should you dread it if you do not have a criminal record, severe mental illness or a restraining order against you? :whome:

Comment

:bang:
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by cadpipe View Post
                    We need a new term for this, hate the word progressive, almost as much as I hate "progressives". Maybe "Self advancing reloader", "Semi auto reloader" "Multi tasking Reloader"
                    How about a "liberal loader?"

Comment

Notice not one of these proposals require the disclosure of people with mental issues. Crazy people will still get their guns, legally. Perfectly sane, law-abiding citizens can access the same type of guns lunatics like the Aurora shooter and the Newtown shooter can. That's awesome.

I will henceforth vote for all tax increases and bond proposals in the state of california. The sooner this state goes belly up, the better off we are.

Comment

chogy,

Louis L'amour's Ferguson Rifle was a good read.

Small arms advances were interesting but oh so slow from 1500's to the late 1800's. You had wheellocks, miquelets, matchlocks, flintlocks for hundreds of years. The percussion cap helped things along. Finally, in the Civil War era, you had some interesting advancements with the Spencer and the Henry.

IMO, if the Union army had adopted the Spencer or at least the breech-loading percussion Sharps in quantity, they would have dominated. Volume of fire was everything in those battles. Of course, conservative leadership balked at the expense, when they had "perfectly good" .58 cal Springfield rifles in quantity.
                        of course if the Confederates had them as well, it would been a losing proposition for the Union. breechloading rifles heavily favors the defense, and things were already bad enough for the attackers as it was.

Interestingly, quite a number of dug-up civil war muzzleloaders had a dozen or so loads in the barrel, stacked up on top of each other. The poor soldier didn't even know his rifle was misfiring, and he'd continue loading on top of what was already in the barrel. Either he wasn't capping the nipple, or the nipple was blocked.
                        that, or the soldiers would shoot their ramrod away in the heat of battle. the much simpler process of the breechloader increased rate of fire in ways more than one.
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

gunnut,

I will henceforth vote for all tax increases and bond proposals in the state of california. The sooner this state goes belly up, the better off we are.
                          i must have instinctively knew you were coming back; i revived this thread in the morning...you missed the boat there

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/ame...-crisis-4.html
                          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                            Why should you dread it if you do not have a criminal record, severe mental illness or a restraining order against you? :whome:
                            Irrelevant.

Why should I have to have the government watch over my shoulders? Last weekend I made a tour of the local gun shops to find some cheap ammo (did not find any). Now I have to submit a form for that? Bollocks!!!
                            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

On a separate, happier note: welcome back Gunnut :)

Comment

Working...
                              X