Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man dead in suspected Woolwich terror attack. BBC is reporting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man dead in suspected Woolwich terror attack. BBC is reporting.

Its disgusting :(

A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London.

The government is reported to be treating the assault as a suspected terrorist incident and the prime minister said it was "truly shocking".

Eyewitnesses said a man was brutally attacked in a Woolwich street by two men who were later shot by officers.

Local MP Nick Raynsford said the dead man was a soldier at Woolwich barracks but this has not been confirmed.

Home Secretary Theresa May has summoned a meeting of the government's emergency response committee Cobra to assess the incident.

Mrs May said she had been briefed by the director general of Security Service MI5, Andrew Parker, and Metropolitan Police Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe on the "sickening and barbaric" attack.

"It has been confirmed to me that a man has been brutally murdered," she said. "Two other men were shot by armed police and they are currently receiving treatment for their injuries."

BBC News - Man dead in suspected Woolwich terror attack
    It is so. It cant be otherwise

A soldier expects a death on the battlefield alongside his mates, fighting for what's right, not to be butchered in the street by human scum.

RIP
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

RIP

While despicable and gruesome this seems more like a local crime than "terrorism" to me, maybe a hate crime.
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

According to Twitter by way of Live Leak the two suspects hit the poor guy with their car, then ran out and beheaded him as he lay on the ground. They were then shot by police responding to the incident.

RIP. No punishment is too harsh for the two scumbags who did this.

LiveLeak.com - Beheading in Woolwich, UK - British Soldier Dead

Comment

Rip.

Comment

The Lady speaking this chap is apparently a "cub scout leader".

Woolwich terrorist attack: woman who confronted terrorists
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]32970[/ATTACH]

The Lady speaking this chap is apparently a "cub scout leader".

Woolwich terrorist attack: woman who confronted terrorists
              She seems to have more male ornaments than those folks standing behind
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                While despicable and gruesome this seems more like a local crime than "terrorism" to me, maybe a hate crime.
                This is why...

"I went over to the body where there was a lady sitting there and she said he was dead. She had comforted him by putting something under his back and a jacket over his head. I took his pulse and there was none. I couldn't see the man's face but I could see no evidence that suggested someone had tried to cut off his head. I could see nothing on him to suggest that he was a soldier.

"Then a black guy with a black hat and a revolver in one hand and a cleaver in the other came over. He was very excited and he told me not to get close to the body. I didn't really feel anything. I was not scared because he was not drunk, he was not on drugs. He was normal. I could speak to him and he wanted to speak and that's what we did.

"I spoke to him for more than five minutes. I asked him why he had done what he had done. He said he had killed the man because he [the victim] was a British soldier who killed Muslim women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was furious about the British army being over there.
                Woolwich attack: first-person account | Guardian | May 23 2013

Man kills soldier who fought abroad to protect his people from being attacked at home (!)

No bombs, now its meat cleavers with lone wolf types.

UK is doing pretty well in the terrorism stakes, having busted a dangerous ring earlier :)
                Last edited by Double Edge; 23 May 13,, 06:12.

Comment

Who lets in Somali immigrants anyway? :slap:

RIP to the soldier.

Comment

And muslims wonder why they are hated , these bastards who did this in the name of Islam do more harm than they realize , dirty murdering thick fucks burn in hell ,this is the result of twats bliars n browns open door policies , let them all come in ,,, and now the back lash has started and will not stop in London methinks

Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                      And muslims wonder why they are hated , these bastards who did this in the name of Islam do more harm than they realize , dirty murdering thick fucks burn in hell ,this is the result of twats bliars n browns open door policies , let them all come in ,,, and now the back lash has started and will not stop in London methinks

Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines
                      Sorry to say it sir, but from what I have heard about parts of London being mini-Pakistan and stories of UK muslims being more radical than those around the world (and there are some serious radical muslim hot spots globally), you guys like us in India are sitting on a ticking timebomb.

However, we recognize the danger and there is some serious underground steam at the level of common man society begining to develop here. I think it is time the British wake up if you do not want Sharia law governing you within a few decades, as you find yourselves an increasingly marginalized minority in your own land.

I mean if this is not going to open the flodgates, nothing will.

This is an active duty soldier who is beheaded in broad daylight on the streets of your biggest city and capital. And all passerby's were doing were watching from a distance (except that brave woman).

The al Quaida had actually planned something equally horific some years ago after the Danish cartoons on Muhammad. Going into the newspaper office and beheading the editor or cartoonist and throwing the heads on to the street below.

Well, sadly today we have learned that they can actually pull something like that off. In one of the Western world's biggest and most powerful cities no less.

This is not really disgusting, if you get beyond the physical brutality, of which I am sure most military men would have seen a lot more and worse off.

So this is no different, because like it or not, accept it or not, you are in a state of war.

What this is instead is chillingly real. And its not Syria or Afghanistan or Iraq, but London instead.
                      Last edited by doppelganger; 23 May 13,, 13:12.

Comment

DG,

Your Anti-Islam is amazing. I mean I live in a country where we have two large groups and very tensed relations, but you are awesome.

What's the number of countries with Sharia law, compared to number of Muslim majority countries?

Don't bother to search (as you wont) - it is ~2/5.

And for the record, I am Orthodox Christian. (since i think you will ask).
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                          And muslims wonder why they are hated , these bastards who did this in the name of Islam do more harm than they realize , dirty murdering thick fucks burn in hell ...
                          Do you think that line of thinking applies on the 'other' side as well, considering the prevalence of incidents such as the ones quoted below?

... a C.I.A.-operated drone dropped Hellfire missiles on Fahim Qureishi’s home in North Waziristan, killing seven of his family members and severely injuring Fahim. He was just 13 years old and left with only one eye, and shrapnel in his stomach.

There was no militant present. A recent book revealed that Mr. Obama was informed about the erroneous target but still did not offer any form of redress, because in 2009, the United States did not acknowledge the existence of its own drone program in Pakistan.

Sadaullah Wazir was another victim of hope and change. His house in North Waziristan was targeted on Sept. 7, 2009. The strike killed four members of his family. Sadaullah was 14 years old when it happened. A few days after the attack, he woke up in a Peshawar hospital to the news that both of his legs had to be amputated and he would never be able to walk again. He died last year, without receiving justice or even an apology. Once again, no militant was present or killed.

Mr. Obama is scheduled to deliver a major speech on drones at the National Defense University today. He is likely to tell his fellow Americans that drones are precise and effective at killing militants.

But his words will be little consolation for 8-year-old Nabila, who, on Oct. 24, had just returned from school and was playing in a field outside her house with her siblings and cousins while her grandmother picked flowers. At 2:30 p.m., a Hellfire missile came out of the sky and struck right in front of Nabila. Her grandmother was badly burned and succumbed to her injuries; Nabila survived with severe burns and shrapnel wounds in her shoulder.

Nabila doesn’t know who Mr. Obama is, or where the Hellfire missile that killed her grandmother came from. As she grows older, she will learn about the idea of justice. But how will she be able to grasp it if she herself has been denied this basic right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/op...drone-war.html
                          Last edited by Agnostic Muslim; 23 May 13,, 13:28.
                          Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
                          https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

Nice aint they , A/M note i said they cause more harm than good , and this happened in the UK not USA , same as the tube bombers etc .Broad daylight

Police trying 2 disperse 100s of Muslims on Victoria st Oldham from celebrating the murder of British soldier. Report that @GranadaReports : scordo1965

They like the welfare benefits here i bet .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=171331263031427
                            Last edited by tankie; 23 May 13,, 14:04.

Comment

RIP to that poor soldier.

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              DG,

Your Anti-Islam is amazing. I mean I live in a country where we have two large groups and very tensed relations, but you are awesome.

What's the number of countries with Sharia law, compared to number of Muslim majority countries?

Don't bother to search (as you wont) - it is ~2/5.

And for the record, I am Orthodox Christian. (since i think you will ask).
                              Dok, double is exaggerating a lot, but your Muslims are a different "breed" than the ones in UK (as in they integrate in society and are of the same race/culture), not to mention that our history with Islam/ Muslims isn't any bright spot in world peace and unity ...

@ Agnostic, what you are doing is low. Mistakes will happen in war, but what happened in London was no mistake, trying to justify is just wrong..also, there is a saying, "when you sleep with dogs you get flees", that applies to the drone campaing

Comment

Working...
                              X