Going to be a great weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to be a great weekend...

Picking up my buddy from the airport in 2 hours and we are setting up for a Civil Wargasm.

This afternoon we head to Deep Bottom & Fort Harrison

Tomorrow up to Culpepper & Fauquier counties to do the Bristoe Station & Mine Run Campaigns.

Sunday back into the same area to cover the battles of Kelly's Ford, Brandy Station and Cedar Mountain.

Not the best known or most visited of the battlefields in Virginia but have been spending the sesqucentennial trying to cover those areas which don't receive the most notice and interest.

And yes, to quote Homer Simpson, there will be beer!

I'll be WAB-less until Tuesday.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

I'll be WAB-less until Tuesday.
    So not only is it going to be a great weekend for you and your buddy...but for the people of WAB too!!

Have fun, AR....

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      So not only is it going to be a great weekend for you and your buddy...but for the people of WAB too!!

Have fun, AR....
      golf clap.....
      Mark Twain

Comment

have fun

Comment

I'm sure you are about to have a great time. Enjoy the weekend and the activities.

Comment

Enjoy! We'll look forward to hearing about it next week. :)

Are you going to have some coffee that can float an iron wedge (like they did in the ACW)? ;)
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Hope you will have a great time.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

A couple of quick pics from the weekend.

On FRI 17 May I picked up my buddy from the Richmond Airport. On teh way to my house we did some touring of some not usually visited sites east of Richmond. We toured 1st & Second Deep Bottom, FT Harrison and New Market Heights battlefields. Since we were near by we stopped on top of Malvern Hill. He had not seen it for 20 years and was thrilled to see all of the new land acquisition and interpretation done there.

Here is a photo recontructing a similiar pose almost 20 years to the day.

A little () more weight and greyer or thinner hair but 20 years almost to the day.

Saturday we did Bristoe Station, Rappahanock Station & Mine Run. We were very happy to see the magnificent work done by local preservation societies and the Civil War Trust in preserving, expanding and interpreting these battlefields. We were very pleasently surprised to so discover the CMT had dopne a great job and establish a 1.5 miles interpreted walking trail of the Payne's Farm section of the Mine Run battlefield. It was a great tour.

Sunday we rolled out near the same area and did Kelly's Ford, Brandy Station and Cedar Mountain. I had been to the first two before on a drive by but really got out and saw a lot. We then headed down to Cedar Mountain. I always had a hard time understanding the topography and action for this battle some how when reading Bob Krick's Stonewall at Cedar Mountain. This trip cleared it all up nicely. And a standard tribute was doen at the complettion.

And we got back to my house to see the last 30 minues of Bruins-Rangers Game 2!

More photos at a later date.
                Attached Files
                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X