Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chickens are Coming Home to Roost!

Okay WABers...Barry Sotero has some serious scandals/cover-ups blowing up simultaneously and the WAB is eerily quiet. Unleash the thoughts! :pop:
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Originally posted by McFire View Post
    Okay WABers...Barry Sotero has some serious scandals/cover-ups blowing up simultaneously and the WAB is eerily quiet. Unleash the thoughts! :pop:
    Enough with the Birther bullshit already. It does nothing but distract from the real problems with this president.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      Enough with the Birther bullshit already. It does nothing but distract from the real problems with this president.

I'm referring to Benghazi, IRS, and AP. You mean the birther thing is coming out too?
      "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

I'm referring to Benghazi, IRS, and AP. You mean the birther thing is coming out too?
        I'm referring to where you said "Barry Sotero". Even bolded it for you.

It's a Birther "thing". But you knew that already.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Benghazi is just a storm in a teacup. It's so full of bullshit.

Comment

I have heard some ridiculous crap, but this Benghazi thing has really put a head on the bucket. This is the worst thing ever to befall the US? Hmm, worse than 9/11 or Watergate or 100's of other rotten things?

Something that's really worrying me is the GOP. Will they clean up their act in time to get someone ready who can win in the next election - or are they going to keep on acting crazy until we end up with another Democratic party administration?
            Last edited by USSWisconsin; 16 May 13,, 22:58.
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I'm referring to where you said "Barry Sotero". Even bolded it for you.

It's a Birther "thing". But you knew that already.

I apologize and won't use if it upsets you that much. I often use "Barry/Barrack" on "American Thinker." If the alias Barry Soetoro was good enough for him to use while attending Occidental, can't it still be used? It is a legal alias for him. :confu:

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jan/29/local/me-oxy29
              Last edited by McFire; 16 May 13,, 23:04. Reason: typo

Comment

If the alias Barry Soetoro was good enough for him to use while attending Occidental, can't it still be used? It is a legal alias for him. :confu:

Occidental recalls 'Barry' Obama - Los Angeles Times
                Except it's not a "legal alias" for him. Or an informal alias for that matter. It's called an April Fool's joke that gullible Birthers latched onto.

Occidental's Director of Communications Jim Tranquada: "Contemporary public documents, such as the 1979-80 freshman ‘Lookbook’ published at the beginning of President Obama’s first year at Occidental, list him as Barack Obama. All of the Occidental alumni I have spoken to from that era (1979-81) who knew him, knew him as Barry Obama."

FactCheck.org : Was Obama Born in the USA?

I'll say it again: repeating a hoax/myth/joke like that only undermines the efforts to draw attention to the real problem with Obama.

Comment

There are 5 scandals running right now

1. Benghazi is not a tempest in a tea cup but a legit scandal, though affecting Clinton more than Obama. The released emails show her deputy chief of staff workign with the spokesman for the NSC to get the CIA to revise the briefing against the CIA's wishes and with the knowledge it would deceive the HPSCI.

2. AP records scandal, which is really hurting the democrats by muting the moderate journalist who tend to lean left but less aggressively so. Combined with "fast and furious" and the famous last words, I have complete confidence in..." I think Holder is on his way out.

3. IRS scandal, I think this has legs. The American people by and large like fair play and this was patently unfair attacks on private citizens by government in order to affect the outcome of an election.

4. University of Montana sexual harassment controversy. The USDE is forcing UM to change its sexual harassment policy to something that violates court standards requring either/or a severe or pervasive and reasonable person standards in violation of due process. The federal government declares that “ANY” unwelcome sexual speech or other conduct is “sexual harassment,” REGARDLESS of whether it would offend a reasonable person, and REGARDLESS of whether it is severe, REPEATED, or pervasive.

5. DHHS twisting corporate arms for money to run an ad campaign after Congress specifically blocked funding for it. (real chickens coming home to roost here since a Democratic Congress passed the law preventing this to block Reagan from funding the Contras).

Comment

Also, despite all being well worth investigating they wont be not really. Partisan politics means Obama could drop kick a toddler like he was punting a football and the toddler would be blamed for it.

Besides the belief that something will be done, outrage also requires people who have enough time and resources free to actually care. With the new American dream consisting of being able to keep the lights on there are a lot of Americans who simply can't afford to care.

Plus we are burnt out. Its been non-stop back and forth since Bill Clinton got elected. Broken promise after broken promise, pork and partisanship that never stops and never includes the average Joe.

A pox on both their houses and lets get the collapse over with so we can rebuild.

just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                      Also, despite all being well worth investigating they wont be not really. Partisan politics means Obama could drop kick a toddler like he was punting a football and the toddler would be blamed for it. Ain't that the truth.

Besides the belief that something will be done, outrage also requires people who have enough time and resources free to actually care. With the new American dream consisting of being able to keep the lights on there are a lot of Americans who simply can't afford to care.

Plus we are burnt out. Its been non-stop back and forth since Bill Clinton got elected. Broken promise after broken promise, pork and partisanship that never stops and never includes the average Joe.

A pox on both their houses and lets get the collapse over with so we can rebuild.

just my .02
                      Ain't that the truth. You hit the nail on the head, every single point.

Comment

1. Benghazi is not a tempest in a tea cup but a legit scandal, though affecting Clinton more than Obama. The released emails show her deputy chief of staff workign with the spokesman for the NSC to get the CIA to revise the briefing against the CIA's wishes and with the knowledge it would deceive the HPSCI.
                        Bottom line is that nothing that has gone on behind the scenes immediately afterwards and for the most part before is/would have changed the ultimate outcome. The Ambassador was going out to the consulate, nothing new there, and being in a turned upside down country it was attacked.

2. AP records scandal, which is really hurting the democrats by muting the moderate journalist who tend to lean left but less aggressively so. Combined with "fast and furious" and the famous last words, I have complete confidence in..." I think Holder is on his way out.
                        On my "yawn" scale this is in the put me to sleep category. A good journalist can handle this crap and keep on ticking if any good.

3. IRS scandal, I think this has legs. The American people by and large like fair play and this was patently unfair attacks on private citizens by government in order to affect the outcome of an election.
                        Again another yawner since I don't think any group outside an actual Church or pure Charity deserves any tax exempt status. These social welfare groups should all have their hide nailed to the wall.

4. University of Montana sexual harassment controversy. The USDE is forcing UM to change its sexual harassment policy to something that violates court standards requring either/or a severe or pervasive and reasonable person standards in violation of due process. The federal government declares that “ANY” unwelcome sexual speech or other conduct is “sexual harassment,” REGARDLESS of whether it would offend a reasonable person, and REGARDLESS of whether it is severe, REPEATED, or pervasive.
                        Not even on my radar screen Besides there are a lot of universities in the country and only Montana has a problem?

5. DHHS twisting corporate arms for money to run an ad campaign after Congress specifically blocked funding for it. (real chickens coming home to roost here since a Democratic Congress passed the law preventing this to block Reagan from funding the Contras).
                        Another one not on my radar screen.

All this is like arguing over the shape of the table at Panmunjom before sitting down to actually discuss ending the war. Meanwhile thousands more die while people dither over minor issues raised to the level of mountains. It is like two teams and the refs arguing over the playing rules for a month before playing the game. By the time they play I don't care anymore.

Essentially the GOP has five minor talking points to get them to 2016 without anybody having to now go on record to fix things for the better on either side. The public, I guess, is supposed to be distracted by the smoke and mirrors.

Comment

And emails show that CIA had its own agenda. in another words, a turf war and Petreaus was at the helm of CIA at that time. 'Nuff said.

Or it could be a leftover from the Bush days. It could not be that bad as the NSA wiretapping American citizens without their consent and Bush and others were left off easily. Partisan politics again whether you like it or not.

And the 503c political actions formed by Democrats didn't receive the same scrutiny when Republicans were in power. Gimme a break, really. Democrats protested and were told to shut the fuck up or were called crybabies. It only received attention because certain Republicans who are in the seats of power such as Rep. Issa are either Tea Partiers themselves or beneficiaries of Tea Party.

Court don't write laws or regulations. Congress write the laws and the executive branch write the regulations necessary to enforce the laws and the judicial branch see if it passes muster under the Constitution. This is not third grade school here.

And defense companies and public companies are allowed to twist the Congress and its own arms to run its own ad campaigns, indirectly supporting their own agendas. Furthermore DHHS did the same thing under Bush administration. Nothing new here.

I have lost trust in Rep. Issa and his cronies and especially in Tea Party and the Republican leadership for allow Tea Party to make a mess of the Republicans. They have consistently blocked bill after bill in the hopes of pulling down Obama and trying to blame Obama for everything and refused to work along with him since they were in power and the Republicans only have themselves to blame.

Comment

Ain't that the truth. You hit the nail on the head, every single point.
                            McFire's Barry and TBM/Blademaster's wave off just prove the point. For those of us stuck in the middle we wish someone woudl remind them that its the economy stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                              And emails show that CIA had its own agenda. in another words, a turf war and Petreaus was at the helm of CIA at that time. 'Nuff said.
                              typical wave off

Or it could be a leftover from the Bush days. It could not be that bad as the NSA wiretapping American citizens without their consent and Bush and others were left off easily. Partisan politics again whether you like it or not.
                              again typical wave off. The chilling affect going after the press is far more dangerous than the wire tapping in the aftermath of a major attack on our country. Both are wrong, but two wrongs do not make a right.

And the 503c political actions formed by Democrats didn't receive the same scrutiny when Republicans were in power. Gimme a break, really. Democrats protested and were told to shut the fuck up or were called crybabies. It only received attention because certain Republicans who are in the seats of power such as Rep. Issa are either Tea Partiers themselves or beneficiaries of Tea Party.
                              No they were not

Court don't write laws or regulations. Congress write the laws and the executive branch write the regulations necessary to enforce the laws and the judicial branch see if it passes muster under the Constitution. This is not third grade school here.
                              The courts and congress have already done their job. The new policy contravenes those and strips the accused of the rights of due process.

And defense companies and public companies are allowed to twist the Congress and its own arms to run its own ad campaigns, indirectly supporting their own agendas. Furthermore DHHS did the same thing under Bush administration. Nothing new here.
                              Yet another wave off and claim that two wrongs make a right...

I have lost trust in Rep. Issa and his cronies and especially in Tea Party and the Republican leadership for allow Tea Party to make a mess of the Republicans. They have consistently blocked bill after bill in the hopes of pulling down Obama and trying to blame Obama for everything and refused to work along with him since they were in power and the Republicans only have themselves to blame.
                              Yet more wave offs, I don't remember you complaining about moveon, operation pink etc.

Sick of the partisan deck chair arranging competition when my son is born with more debt that any amount of money he is likely to ever make in a single year and its only going up. I'm sick of it, the right and the left are both so out of touch that they've collectively driven this country off the rails and made the richest most powerful nation on earth an effectively failed state. Our economy stinks, we incarcerate more people per capita than anyone, we are flooded with criminal immigrants, legalized the murder of babies, are forced to watch what we say lest we be fired, sued or arrested, there are not enough jobs, those jobs that do exist are part time slots, the tax code is sick joke, the system preys on the poor and middle class in predatory ways and when we look for news of the world around us we are as likely to be bombarded with what Kim Kardashian had for lunch as a political hit piece but real news is as rare as privately owned moon rock.

Our partisan bullshit has totally fucked out kids futures, the ship is sinking and people like you still want to pretend that its not. Fuck the bullshit and fix the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X