Why the U.S. Army Needs Missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    I suggest the Maj stop grasping at unrealistic options and instead ask this simple question. What would it take for the Chinese or the Russians to kill a nuclear armed brigade combat team?
    Since it is nuclear armed, then with a nuke.

Comment

Or they could have a lot of a precision guided munitions, the rapid, mass delivery capacity for said PGMs, and ISR assets to locate the critical nodes of said nuclear armed brigade combat team.

Comment

I specifically state nuclear armed for a reason. Given an American BCT can outfight most non-NATO (I said most, not all) divisions and even some corps and armies, how much resources would you have to commit to find and kill this BCT before it can launch its nukes?

The Maj is looking for a reason to justify the army. The army's very presence is justification enough.

Comment

What about a heavy TB (thermobaric) weapons Brigade? Would that be a viable alternative to a nuclear armed BCT?
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
            What about a heavy TB (thermobaric) weapons Brigade? Would that be a viable alternative to a nuclear armed BCT?
            The nuclear threshold forces a commitement that no other systems would do.

Try this exercise, say an American BCT went rouge. What would the USArmy commit?

Comment

Working...
            X