No announcement yet.

'Little Commandos' Kindergarten in Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So not only are you 'cherry-picking' which statements from Iranian officials blaming other nations for terrorism you consider 'legitimate and serious', you are trying to distinguish between terrorist organizations based on whether or not they perpetrate terrorism for religious or political goals ...
    I have no idea what you're talking about, and zero interest in repeating myself. See my earlier reply, thats my last word on it. Take it or leave it, it doesnt matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1980s View Post
      I have no idea what you're talking about, and zero interest in repeating myself. See my earlier reply, thats my last word on it. Take it or leave it, it doesnt matter to me.
      It is quite simple really - you are insisting that statements by Iranian officials blaming Pakistan for supporting terrorist groups attacking Iran be considered legitimate and valid, and at the same time insisting that other statements by Iranian officials and accounts of American support for terrorist groups not be taken seriously. You are therefore cherry-picking to bash Pakistan while trying to exonerate the US from allegations of supporting terrorism in Iran.
      Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
      https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
        It is quite simple really - you are insisting that statements by Iranian officials blaming Pakistan for supporting terrorist groups attacking Iran be considered legitimate and valid, and at the same time insisting that other statements by Iranian officials and accounts of American support for terrorist groups not be taken seriously. You are therefore cherry-picking to bash Pakistan while trying to exonerate the US from allegations of supporting terrorism in Iran.
        1) I already told you that you can believe whatever you want to about the Jundollah issue. It makes no difference to me what you think.

2) Yes people took the regime's denouncements against Pakistan more seriously because actual counter-terrorism measures by the Iranian state to squash Jundollah were practically all aimed at Pakistan. Such measures included the frequent closure of the border crossing at mirjaveh (in Sistan o Baluchestan), increased police operations against Pakistanis found entering or living illegally in Iran and their expulsion (there have been reports of Pakistanis being shot at, even killed by Iranian forces), the construction of ditches, barbed wire fences and a 10ft high concrete wall along the border with Pakistan, placing overall security in Sistan o Baluchestan province into the hands of the IRGC, frequent IRGC military drills and war games in that province, Iranian police incursions into Pakistani Balochistan (one was even intercepted by Pakistan's FC), occasional reports in the media (usually Pakistani) that Iranian forces would fire rockets into Pakistani territory, the dispatching of Iran's Interior Minister and other officials to Pakistan after various terrorist attacks.

These are some of the measures and reactions that Iran took that come to the top of my head. It wasnt just public denouncements from Iranian officials.

Comment

This is starting to go around in circles.

It's not going to continue to go around in circles

I'm not interested in threads turning into chest thumping and bumping, and I suspect that the other Mods aren't either

Move on or move out
          Linkeden:
          http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
          http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Would it be possible to use technology to locate these camps?

1) Plant camouflaged sensors with spacing of approx. 1 to 2 miles in appropriate areas, linked via UHF or higher freq's to satellites.

2) Sensors detect automatic weapons fire via acoustics; software crunches data, triangulates approximate sources of fire.

3) Using simple UAV's, helicopters, or ground units, recon the designated area.

4) Neutralize.

Comment

Wanna bet the outcry from neutralizing a camp of cheerful children?
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Neutralize... to render ineffective.

Why did you automatically assume I'd want to pummel them with JDAMs? I'd recommend sending in angry parents, foster if necessary, with paddles for their rear ends.

Comment

Because you put so many mil gadgets around it never ocured me what will follow would have been parents with clubs :)
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I'm a techno-geek. I think in weird ways, especially outside of the field where I do know a little... aviation.

They "mined" the Ho Chi Minh trail during the Vietnam war with sensors, and they also had ELINT aircraft airborne that could detect the spark from motor vehicle engines. Pretty high-tech for the era. I'm not sure it did all that much good, and I doubt my scenario here would work. Just fantasizing.

I think in terms of a suburban USA guy. When Joe Citizen hears automatic weapons fire, he'll call the police, who will investigate. In this case, we have little sensors do the work for us.

Comment

Don't know how effective these kids will be with real guns.

But if it was laser tag, watch out

They manage to squirrel away themselves into hidden positions and just take out everybody. Just could not see the little buggers.

It was embarassing to see their hit counts at the top of the table during the initial rounds.

We then decided to just elbow them a bit and THEN the scores started changing

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                        Don't know how effective these kids will be with real guns.

:
                        pretty effective, just ask any soviet that fought ussr- afghan war
                        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Just came across these disturbing pictures that were uploaded online in early September. The children are claimed to be ethnic Baluchs from southeast Iran, and are being indoctrinated for terrorism by a jihadist group called Jaish-e Adel, which is the rebranded remnants of Jondallah - a group said to have collapsed in 2010. But not so, as they are still clearly around.

I had never heard of Jondallah (active between 2002/3 - 2010) using children. So this phenomenon seems to be following in line with the trend of child training camps belonging to an array of international terrorist groups seen elsewhere in Pakistan's ungoverned badlands along its borders with Afghanistan and Iran.

You'll see little kids with pistols and rifles in the first picture:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 1980s View Post
                            Just came across these disturbing pictures that were uploaded online in early September. The children are claimed to be ethnic Baluchs from southeast Iran, and are being indoctrinated for terrorism by a jihadist group called Jaish-e Adel, which is the rebranded remnants of Jondallah - a group said to have collapsed in 2010. But not so, as they are still clearly around.

I had never heard of Jondallah (active between 2002/3 - 2010) using children. So this phenomenon seems to be following in line with the trend of child training camps belonging to an array of international terrorist groups seen elsewhere in Pakistan's ungoverned badlands along its borders with Afghanistan and Iran.

You'll see little kids with pistols and rifles in the first picture:
                            Can't provide shoes for some of the younglings but sports a nice vest himself. Fucking bastard
                            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                              Can't provide shoes for some of the younglings but sports a nice vest himself. Fucking bastard

Only one, probably a rural kid who eschews shoes by choice when the weather permits. Kid probably has soles 2-3" thick and wider than normal as well. have kids like that here in the American south, have watched them walk across hot asphalt, run across gravel and through brambles bare foot. The kids do not appear gaunt, just doomed. It makes sense for the instructors to drive them hard, but treat them well and provide for them. Love will motivate those kids to excell.... They are basically a mix of spartan and slave soldiers and will be incredibly effective if sent on missions.

Honestly, with those kids of pics, I would pummel them with JDAM's... Those kids would find easy access to too many soft targets otherwise.

Comment

In a weird coincidence this group (Jaish-al Adel) has just broke into the media with a big hit on Iranian border police.

BBC News - Iran hangs 16 rebels 'in reprisal for border deaths'
                                Farsnews - Iran Upset about Pakistan’s Lax Border Control
                                Iran 'hangs 16' in reprisal for Pakistan border killings

Comment

Working...
                                X