This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cataphract View Post
    They don't. Maoists in India fund themselves.
    The Maoists come from backward villages and are mostly uneducated. Where the hell did they get improved IEDs or sophsticated weapons that target paramilitary or policement directly. I don't buy it that the Maoists fund themselves. Too many evidence point to an outside influence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      This sounds like more of a walking clusterfuck by both sides. If these were indeed terrorists, they sure are bunch of stupid ones. They were discovered and instead of running away, they chose to fight with inferior weapons and an inferior position (they were surrounded).

The cops with guns against knives and suffered greater casualties.

I certainly taking either side at their word about this incident.
      well OOE, China discovers terrorists and allowing them to kill a number of cops before being apprehended?
      I would have expected a brigade of PAP surrounding the location and only move in after the said building is reduced into a rubble

Or like you said they are ninjas, with mind tricks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
        The Maoists come from backward villages and are mostly uneducated. Where the hell did they get improved IEDs or sophsticated weapons that target paramilitary or policement directly. I don't buy it that the Maoists fund themselves. Too many evidence point to an outside influence.
        It's called money. You know how fast the drug trade educate the uneducated, especially the greedy uneducated.

Comment

This sounds like more of a walking clusterfuck by both sides. If these were indeed terrorists, they sure are bunch of stupid ones. They were discovered and instead of running away, they chose to fight with inferior weapons and an inferior position (they were surrounded).

The cops with guns against knives and suffered greater casualties.

I certainly taking either side at their word about this incident.
          Very few terrorists are known for being smart. And very few Chinese cops have proper training in handling weapons (not needed). I think this video sums it up pretty well.

新疆7.5事件维族暴徒杀群众被特警当 击毙录像 - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
            I don't believe anyone here is claiming this isn't a criminal act, it appears to be a serious crime - involving multiple "cop killings" which started when the authorities attempted to arrest the criminals. The question that is being posed is "is this terrorism?", not "is this just ordinary citizens rightfully defending their homes?".

Using the term terrorism to describe other types of crimes dilutes the meaning of terrorism, which is political and involves the attempts to kill people for no reason; criminal or justifiable, beyond the frightening and scaring of the citizens of a country. These victims here appear to be law enforcement officers involved in making an arrest (based on the news media information that the discussion participants have seen here). Criminals sometimes murder law enforcement people to avoid arrest and escape, without being terrorists. They are still dangerous criminals and what they are doing is very wrong - but terrorism may not be their intent or motive.
            1. The news media didn't mention anything about the initial contact of the victims and the "criminals", which has indication about an attempt to an arrest.

2. "terrorism may not be their intent or motive", BBC said that they have grievances and the Chinese media said they have Bombs, knives, and a plan to attack. You believe whatever you want, but didn't stop one important fact that is people here attempted to portray this incident as not terrorism from the second it was posted and only after I posted the BBC news article they really came up with some justification to support their claims.

3. "Using the term terrorism to describe other types of crimes dilutes the meaning of terrorism, which is political and involves the attempts to kill people for no reason; criminal or justifiable, beyond the frightening and scaring of the citizens of a country." You know what. From this description, I can probably easily refute many media and government labeled terror attacks and plots as mere an expression of grievances. But I don't want to do it. I just want to say “One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter” and what goes around comes around.
            Last edited by kyli; 30 Apr 13,, 03:29.

Comment

• I rest my case. I shouldn't even attempt to engage in this discussion in the first place as I perfectly knew that it is going no where. If I have a better sense of humor, it would be more enjoyable. Since Xinhui is not here often anyway and OOE is getting soft. I will just go back to CDF. Farewell!

Comment

It's called money. You know how fast the drug trade educate the uneducated, especially the greedy uneducated.
                Yes money can buy weapons but it cannot buy the training and advanced tactics that the Maoists have been using. And it takes a lot of money to sustain the movement. Something that these poor villagers cannot afford. The northeast and the naxalites area are not into the drug trade otherwise we would have been hearing about it.

Comment

• A simple google got me this

https://www.google.ca/search?q=naxalites+drug+trade

Money can also buy mercs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kyli View Post
                    Since Xinhui is not here often anyway and OOE is getting soft.
                    Getting old. You lads have the brains to handle it between yourselves. You don't need me to hold your hands anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by kyli View Post
                      1. The news media didn't mention anything about the initial contact of the victims and the "criminals", which has indication about an attempt to an arrest.

2. "terrorism may not be their intent or motive", BBC said that they have grievances and the Chinese media said they have Bombs, knives, and a plan to attack. You believe whatever you want, but didn't stop one important fact that is people here attempted to portray this incident as not terrorism from the second it was posted and only after I posted the BBC news article they really came up with some justification to support their claims.

3. "Using the term terrorism to describe other types of crimes dilutes the meaning of terrorism, which is political and involves the attempts to kill people for no reason; criminal or justifiable, beyond the frightening and scaring of the citizens of a country." You know what. From this description, I can probably easily refute many media and government labeled terror attacks and plots as mere an expression of grievances. But I don't want to do it. I just want to say One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter and what goes around comes around.

I didn't see any mention of bombs in any of the English Language links, this is an English speaking forum. Perhaps you have more information, but you haven't shared it here.

I'm pleased you are leaving - good riddance. You condescending attitude is rather disgusting, you've attacked the people trying to understand the incident rather than offer any new or additional information. Perhaps there is somewhere else you can go that welcomes this approach, but it isn't here.
                      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

• Originally posted by cdude View Post
                        Very few terrorists are known for being smart. And very few Chinese cops have proper training in handling weapons (not needed). I think this video sums it up pretty well.

––†7.5‹件维—š’€群—被‰*“œ ‡™•ƒ - YouTube
                        Good God! Keystone cops vs Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles. The trigger discipline alone scares the hell out of me.

Comment

I still can't get it through my head. Knives in a gun fight.
                          Sir, these kung fu movies teach deadly stuff. I mean where did these "terrorists" get trained!!...a couple of them took down 15 cops. This beats the Shaolin Temple monks any day.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                            Yes money can buy weapons but it cannot buy the training and advanced tactics that the Maoists have been using. And it takes a lot of money to sustain the movement. Something that these poor villagers cannot afford. The northeast and the naxalites area are not into the drug trade otherwise we would have been hearing about it.
                            The naxal movement is India has a different mode of sustaining itself.
                            A lot of funds are from extortion of local businessmen and illegal toll tax on the roads.

Sourcde of weapons:-
                            - Ambushes and raids on small police/para-military units.
                            - Paying hard cash to north-east guerilla groups for weapons smuggled in from Burma.

As per current info, the Chinese have very little role to play in the naxal movement in India. Our own state govts policies have caused the mess. Its a question of land ownership. The states that enacted land reforms dont have this problem. Take the example of Kerela, the most red state....but no naxalism.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                              - No educated Chinese netizen will make such comments, this is standard fare for their cyber brigade.
                              - You will also notice that they only surface when adverse comments are being made against the official Chinese media version, then they dive back into the depths they came from.
                              - You dont see them around commenting on very happening events that are being discussed on WAB.

I may be wrong, but that is what comes across from some posters.
                              Hey, are you trying to say I work for the chinese gov trying to spread mis-info? I just posted what I saw in the news. I was busy in the factory these few days, so I did'nt post much and also not much real info in this case at the moment. Does not mean I'm a gov agent.

As some posters above has said, you can't just look at one side of the story, you'll have to look at the chinese side too.I was just trying to tell the story from china's prospective

I still can't get it through my head. Knives in a gun fight.
                              From what I read in the chinese news,at first only the police chief had a gun, it was a handgun and there was only 6 rounds in it.the calvery came later on

Anyway, there is not much real info at the moment, we still don't know what really went on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                                From the other posts of the particular poster I didn't got that impression.

However, going trough your list I have a "suspect" of my own ;)
                                Doktor, thanks for backing me

Comment

Working...
                                X