This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Cables does Wikileaks Have?

I'm particularly interested in the diplomatic conversation during wars in the indian sub-continent.

1) Indo-Pakistani War of 1947
    2) Indo-China war of 1962
    3) Indo-Pakistani War of 1965
    4) Indo-Pakistani War of 1971
    5) Indo-Pakistani War of 1999

So far the very important conversations from 47, 62, 65 and 71 cables are not there on the wikileaks website. Does anyone know whether wikileaks has it or whether they have kept these for last?

I think it was widely agreed to not bring WL here.

Mainly because it puts in jeopardy lives of good men and women.
    Last edited by Doktor; 15 Apr 13,, 10:42.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      I think it was widely agreed to not bring WL here.

Mainly because it puts in jeopardy lives of good men and women.
      Doc,

Virtually everything in those archives is stuff that has been available in one form or another perfectly legally for years. In keeping with the 'every waking moment is an opportunity to self-promote' style of its founder Wikileaks has repackaged something old as something new. While I have openly expressed my disdain for Assange & his behaviour, collecting a bunch of this stuff in a well nown & easily accessible place has an upside.

I don't know exactly how much of the stuff in there is from the illegally obtained Manning material. I don't knwo what the official position is, but perhaps a exception could be made for some of the older stuff.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

sorry, but no.

i understand it's in the public view now, and that many of the old cables no longer have the 'keep people alive' imperative to them; however, it's illegal for US DoD members to access this, so i'd like to prevent accidental illegal access if possible. so no WL stuff directly on WAB, please.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I wasn't asking whether the wikileaks cables were legal or illegal according to the US jurisdiction.

My actual question was whether julian assanges team has cables from 47, 62, 65 and 71 time period.

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
            I wasn't asking whether the wikileaks cables were legal or illegal according to the US jurisdiction.

My actual question was whether julian assanges team has cables from 47, 62, 65 and 71 time period.
            You answer is that they're not going to tell you.

Comment

How come no one has bumped this guy off?

I mean he has steped on some pretty big toes and all.

Out here in UP, I can get a 14 year old to do it for less than 2 dollars.

Is he protected?

Comment

how much a society values rule of law is demonstrated not when it is applied to upstanding citizens but to scumbags like Assange.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                  how much a society values rule of law is demonstrated not when it is applied to upstanding citizens but to scumbags like Assange.
                  Yet you will no doubt agree that the society we speak of is not averse to assassinations of a political and military nature when the situation has demanded?

So I was wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                    How come no one has bumped this guy off?

I mean he has steped on some pretty big toes and all.

Out here in UP, I can get a 14 year old to do it for less than 2 dollars.

Is he protected?
                    You are in a forum full of combat veterans. Kindly leave this bullshit in your toilet where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      You answer is that they're not going to tell you.
                      I think I've got it. The WL people probably have most of the cables. For now they're busy sorting it in the background and presenting it as separate topics(eg afghan war, iraq war, kissinger etc).

doppelganger, क्या झाटु-गिरी कर राय ? तेरे खुदका ईजत का भाजी पाला हो राय.

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
                        doppelganger, क्या झाटु-गिरी कर राय ? तेरे खुदका ईजत का भाजी पाला हो राय.
                        Tu kya yahan ka charprasi hai. Chale pare hat. Chatne ki aadat nahin hai mujhe. Aukat mein reh.

Comment

Tu kya yahan ka charprasi hai. Chale pare hat. Chatne ki aadat nahin hai mujhe. Aukat mein reh.

If what you have to say in important, you would have said it in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
                            If what you have to say in important, you would have said it in English.
                            I am sorry if it is against the rules. I was replying to a compatriot who had something to say to me personally in Hindi. I do not know how to insert that script (devnagari) so replied to him using english script. Will be happy to translate both if required. As well as delte my post once Anil has had a chance to read my reply. Please let me know. Either way its got nothing to do with anyone here rest assured. Just the 2 of us. He should have used a private message actually.

Comment

I am sorry if it is against the rules. I was replying to a compatriot who had something to say to me personally in Hindi. I do not know how to insert that script (devnagari) so replied to him using english script. Will be happy to translate both if required. As well as delte my post once Anil has had a chance to read my reply. Please let me know. Either way its got nothing to do with anyone here rest assured. Just the 2 of us. He should have used a private message actually.
                              As this is an English language forum, we do indeed ask that English is used.

Using your native language with a simultaneous English translation in the post is more than welcome though
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X