History and origin of Hinduism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
    Just for the record, school history books do not teach any such thing in India. Badmouthing "minority" religions in India is a strict no-no. There would be uproar if anything like that is mentioned in schoolbooks. So if such a narrative has indeed been set up, none of the governments till now have been involved in it to my knowledge.
    Just to be clear, I'm not placing this at the feet of the Indian govt. I honestly don't know what the source of this crap is, but it seems to appeal to a particular type pf person.

As for the proselytizing bit, Hinduism in its present form, does not proselytize, not counting the Hare-Krishna fellows who seem to have their own distinct religion anyway. There are no Hindu equivalent of Evangelists, Jehova's Witnesses and the like. I have no idea what the situation was hundreds of years ago. The dozens of godmen who seem to have huge followings in India may be mentioned, but they don't really sell Hinduism to the non-Hindus. They are more akin to cults whose endeavors target both Hindus and non-Hindus and are primarily a money-spinning operation not allied to Hindu religious insitutions.
    If you've followed my posts you'll see that my focus in not on Hinduism in its current form, but on the way it expanded into certain regions. I have no argument wiht the point you make, just with th reading of the present into the past.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

So where's the treatise you promised last night man? Still working on it?

I stayed awake all night waiting for it to appear.

That's the amount of importance I put on your opinion and knowledge of Hinduism.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
        So where's the treatise you promised last night man? Still working on it?

I stayed awake all night waiting for it to appear.

That's the amount of importance I put on your opinion and knowledge of Hinduism.
        Didn't promise a 'treatise'. More of your fantasizing - do you do anything here except post photos of women & say dumb stuff? Oh, and last time I checked there are still 24 hours in a day, though perhaps your older, superior indian day is a differnt length.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
          Didn't promise a 'treatise'. More of your fantasizing - do you do anything here except post photos of women & say dumb stuff? Oh, and last time I checked there are still 24 hours in a day, though perhaps your older, superior indian day is a differnt length.
          You are a Pakistani living in Australia.

All your posts point to that.

I can smell a Pakistani across oceans man.

Not just pretty girls in teeny bikinis.

Mulle ki daadhi mein tinka (straw in the mulla's beard)
          Last edited by doppelganger; 13 Apr 13,, 05:24.

Comment

You are a Pakistani living in Australia.

All your posts point to that.

I can smell a Pakistani across oceans man.

Not just pretty girls in teeny bikinis.

Mulle ki daadhi mein tinka (straw in the mulla's beard)
            Congratulations on your stupidest post so far. Keep it up. Can use a good laugh.
            sigpic

Comment

Congratulations on your stupidest post so far. Keep it up. Can use a good laugh.
              Let me guess.

Olfactory senses at the top setting.

You're either a cook, a bouncer, or a cabbie?

Comment

Let me guess.

Olfactory senses at the top setting.

You're either a cook, a bouncer, or a cabbie?
                a Pakistani cab driver? In melbourne? Have you ever been in a cab here? If you had you'd know how funny that is.
                sigpic

Comment

a Pakistani cab driver? In melbourne? Have you ever been in a cab here? If you had you'd know how funny that is.
                  So then its either cook or bouncer.

Hair dressers are all taken by our guys.

Warm?

Comment

I'm assuming that's an oxymoron?
                    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                      I'm assuming that's an oxymoron?
                      I have had one or two, but they are a tiny minority. Indian Punjabis - mostly Sikhs - have a lock on the industry at the moment (well, the driving bit anyways). They are probably 80% of drivers. Another 10% are East African - generally Ethiopian or Somali. The remaining 10% are a grab bag of pretty much every other group - 'white' Australians (anglo, greek, italian, yugoslav etc.), East Asians & the occasional guy from the middle east, Pakistan etc.
                      sigpic

Comment

So then its either cook or bouncer.

Hair dressers are all taken by our guys.

Warm?
                        You do realise there are people on this forum who have met me, don't you? One of them is a Mod. You don't realise what a fool you are making of yourself (or you don't care).
                        sigpic

Comment

Doppelganger, do you actually believe your behavior is going to be tolerated by the mods here, or do you want to get banned?

Comment

Doppelganger, do you actually believe your behavior is going to be tolerated by the mods here, or do you want to get banned?
                            Your heart is in the right place, but my advice is to let him go. This is sort of fun. Eventually we'll all get bored with him.....or he'll pop up on OOE's radar & the Colonel will break him. I'll string him along until its gets tedious or the mods get tired of the farce.
                            sigpic

Comment

Your heart is in the right place, but my advice is to let him go. This is sort of fun. Eventually we'll all get bored with him.....or he'll pop up on OOE's radar & the Colonel will break him. I'll string him along until its gets tedious or the mods get tired of the farce.
                              Well, I'm not a mod so I can't caution him or let him go. I was just wondering what he expected was going to happen after all the name calling. Maybe he didn't read zraver's WAB survival guide.

Comment

Well, I'm not a mod so I can't caution him or let him go. I was just wondering what he expected was going to happen after all the name calling. Maybe he didn't read zraver's WAB survival guide.
                                I don't think he does 'consequences' all that well. He was advised to read Z's invaluable guide when he first arrived. he attracted all the wrong attention then, but it appeared for a time that he had learned. I'm reassessing that now. As I said, I'm not worried. I've been called worse by better. Its actually funny, moreso for the folk here who have met me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X