Sikh History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    I live in a country where it is not the oldest religion. I can get 40,000 years without even trying, 60,000 plus depending on which archaeologist you believe. I'm betting that with a bit of digging I can find more examples. You need to stop being so chauvinistic.
    Come on man. Aborigines? You think Australia is the only place which has them?

We have carbon dated cities and urban artifacts going back 9500 years.

The cleavage between North and South Indian lines is anywhere from 20,000 to 40,000 years old.

Not cavemen living off the barren land.

Please be reasonable. The whole world, including the West, concedes Hinduism is the oldest religion known to mankind.

But not you. Go Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post

The cleavage between North and South Indian lines is anywhere from 20,000 to 40,000 years old.

Please be reasonable. The whole world, including the West, concedes Hinduism is the oldest religion known to mankind.

But not you. Go Oz!
      Come on man, you're embarassing yourself. Hinduism isn't the oldest religion, not even close. But why should that be a point of pride?

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
        Hinduism isn't the oldest religion, not even close.
        Some elucidation would be nice. Which religion is older?

Comment

We are the only nation that has Australian ones. There are still people living out in the desert whose lives are virtually unchanged from those lived tens of thousands of years ago.

So?

and?

Oh dear. More chauvinism. Aboriginies practice religions. Evidence from ancient cave paintings suggests that their religions have changed less in 40,000 years than Hinduism has in whatever time frame you claim for it.

But not you. Go Oz!
          The ignorance of others & the myths you choose to cling to are of no concern to me. Australian Aboriginies have religions that pre-dates Hinduism. I understand that you can't & won't accept that and that you will probably invent all sorts of reasons why their religions isn't aren't 'real' religion. The only person being unreasonable here is you.

Now, do you have anything more to offer us than myths & chest beating?
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Some elucidation would be nice. Which religion is older?
            Please take it to the new thread :)

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/anc...-hinduism.html

Comment

We are the only nation that has Australian ones. There are still people living out in the desert whose lives are virtually unchanged from those lived tens of thousands of years ago.

So?

and?

Oh dear. More chauvinism. Aboriginies practice religions. Evidence from ancient cave paintings suggests that their religions have changed less in 40,000 years than Hinduism has in whatever time frame you claim for it.

The ignorance of others & the myths you choose to cling to are of no concern to me. Australian Aboriginies have religions that pre-dates Hinduism. I understand that you can't & won't accept that and that you will probably invent all sorts of reasons why their religions isn't aren't 'real' religion. The only person being unreasonable here is you.

Now, do you have anything more to offer us than myths & chest beating?
              Boss, we have aborigines in the Andamans that are so old, they make yours look like teenagers. Please get serious and dont argue just because you must.

I mean I can understand an Egyptian, or an Iraqi or Syrian, or an Iranian, or a South American come up to an Indian and at least try to have a measuring contest.

Never thought I'd have to battle for the world's oldest religion with an Aussie for crying out loud. Wailing in fact.
              Last edited by doppelganger; 12 Apr 13,, 15:30.

Comment

Australian aborogines - practitioners of world's oldest religion

Indian aborogines

Attached Files

Comment

I'm moving this discussion to cataphract's thread. I suggest you do the same.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm moving this discussion to cataphract's thread. I suggest you do the same.
                    No man you win. As always.

Australians have the world's oldest religion.

And they played cricket too.

Comment

So you don't actually want to debate this? OK.
                      sigpic

Comment

So you don't actually want to debate this? OK.
                        Yup, my turn to run away this time.

Cheers.

Comment

Cheers.
                          Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                            Disappointing.
                            Inevitable.

Comment

Cheers.
                              Since we now have a thread for it I will post a reply to your post on the spread of hindism....tommorrow. It is getting too late to pick apart a mess that bad.
                              sigpic

Comment

Since we now have a thread for it I will post a reply to your post on the spread of hindism....tommorrow. It is getting too late to pick apart a mess that bad.
                                I am all agog at reading a treatise on Hinduism by an Australian.

Will be waiting and refreshing all night in order to catch it hot from the oven.

Comment

Working...
                                X