IPL season 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL season 2013

IPL season just started and it's not the best time for me to be watching this, right in the middle of my exams, but it's really heating up. Wonder if anyone here follows it?

Already some great performances:

and ofcourse "Revenge is sweet", Kohli played an awesome knock to take down the Sunrisers:

And ofcourse, don't really get to see this sight often:

Two world-class batsmen opening together.
    Last edited by Tronic; 10 Apr 13,, 23:40.
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
    Two world-class batsmen opening together.
    That's actually the understatement of the century bro.

Its two legends and top of the pile of all time greats batting together.

For a brief time I really was concerned that he was going to catch Tendulkar.

Comment

Ponting adds on to the fielding too, despite his age. This was simply amazing:

Comment

I can't stand Cricket, but even I've heard of Ricky Ponting
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          I can't stand Cricket
          Word! The game would be watch-able if the players would fight with each other from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
            Word! The game would be watch-able if the players would fight with each other from time to time.
            There are fights, but it's no NHL:

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
              There are fights, but it's no NHL:
              I've seen bitchslaps with more action.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Yea. 5 minutes and 56 seconds of not much. Cricket, even the fighting will put you to sleep.

Comment

Cricket is as much a fighting sport as say baseball, basketball or even soccer.. If I want to watch fighting sports, I'd go watch the UFC, K1 or Boxing.

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
                  Yea. 5 minutes and 56 seconds of not much. Cricket, even the fighting will put you to sleep.
                  That entirely depends on what you're into. Soccer used to put me to sleep until I started following it a few years ago. Baseball and American football still put me to sleep.
                  Last edited by Tronic; 11 Apr 13,, 03:05.

Comment

Funny you bring it up

It's all that gentleman's game BS. It's good in a way, I can't imagine the riots if India and Pakistan squared off in rugby or soccer.

Comment

I had sworn off IPL after being tired of all the masala around it (ads, fireworks, lame product placements, cheerleaders, CHEERLEADERS), but I was talked into joining one of those fantasy leagues, so I follow it on cricinfo. Not watching it though, can't be bothered.

My home team, Pune Warriors, are just as abysmal this year as the previous one.

Comment

That was the gayest, most effeminate fight of all. Bunch of yelling and whining and acting out. I only like cricket when India is playing against Pakistan or winning the World Cup. Otherwise, meh and onto the NFL, the most macho sports of all. Rugby is for sissies. I played both sports and in tackle football, I nursed several broken ribs (in college) and I broke a guy's collarbone when he was enough of a dumbass to try to use his shoulder to tackle me and I beat him to the bunch and he went home crying home to his mama. Of course that was when I was in middle school. In rugby, you just nurse a couple bruises and shiners. No biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                          Otherwise, meh and onto the NFL, the most macho sports of all. Rugby is for sissies. I played both sports and in tackle football, I nursed several broken ribs (in college) and I broke a guy's collarbone when he was enough of a dumbass to try to use his shoulder to tackle me and I beat him to the bunch and he went home crying home to his mama. Of course that was when I was in middle school. In rugby, you just nurse a couple bruises and shiners. No biggie.
                          How often do you get called an asshole?

Comment

Forget contact sports like ice hockey and american football.

What's the deal with baseball man? Talk about putting people to sleep.

And effectively chucking. In spite of that our bowlers are nearly as fast.

Think what Shoaib Akhtar could do if he was allowed to openly chuck a la baseball!!

Comment

IPL is the cricket equivalent of fast food.
                              I just cant bring myself to care about any of these overpaid teams and their corrupt owners.
                              Am not watching it.
                              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Working...
                              X