USS Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USS Wisconsin

New video posted. New area's for viewing.

This older one has the same video content and adds the barber shop.
    Last edited by Ken_NJ; 09 Apr 13,, 01:25.

Hull inspection and cleaning...

Comment

Those are places I'd like to visit in the NJ since she is not far from me. Why are the places you cannot go to the ones you most want to go to?!?!

My list. Broadway, steering, there is Turret II experience now, well hell, the whole ship!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_NJ View Post
        Those are places I'd like to visit in the NJ since she is not far from me. Why are the places you cannot go to the ones you most want to go to?!?!

My list. Broadway, steering, there is Turret II experience now, well hell, the whole ship!
        On the Iowa we will be opening up Broadway in a couple of weeks. Still training our docents and padding the ends of the monorail.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_NJ View Post

Soon my friend...2015. Broadway will open before then. However, there is already a "special" tour you can take with a group. Just inquire about the "curators tour".;)
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Took the "Main Street" tour the Saturday before last at Nauticus. Ofcourse I totally forgot i paid the stupid membership there and could have gotten in for for free but o well. Was very cool to see though and i took some pics that I wanted to share. Had a heck of a time getting through there with my leg constantly giving out on me but hey last tuesday had surgery to remove a what i now know was a cyst in my ankle so i should be good to go in a few more weeks .

Battleship Wisconsin March 2014 Photos by 85gtkid | Photobucket
            Last edited by 85 gt kid; 09 Apr 14,, 17:59. Reason: had to add the link from a computer
            RIP Charles "Bob" Spence. 1936-2014.

Comment

Well I started a new job a month ago (which I love) and today I was running the register while the cashier took her lunch and was ringing out an older gentleman with a nurse helping him. I caught his hat of the corner of my eye and saw "USS Wisconsin BB-64". I was like holy crap and asked him if he served and turns out he was part of the original commissioning crew on the Wisky in '44! That was just too cool, I thanked him for his service twice, wishing I could talk to him more, and he said thank you so much for saying that. It was an awesome moment. I wish I would have noticed it before he paid I would have knocked off some of his order and paid it myself :(.
              RIP Charles "Bob" Spence. 1936-2014.

Comment

Working...
              X