X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching them how to read my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
      Captain sir, I was talking about the Pakistani General's first words, with clenched fists, when he got off the plane and landed on Pakistan soil after his exile.
      Lol...then you should have made it clear. Most of us did not get that.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        You want to be sadistic about this? Make him dig a machine gun post after the march ... but without telling him where. Then inform him to refill the hole and dig the hole where it's supposed to be. If you want to be really mean, then assign him sentry duty.
        For those who have not dug a MG tench - it took me and 4 other cadets in the acedemy the better part of the day and all night to dig a proper 3 man trench and a section command post. We were lucky as we got a soft dry river bed to dig, and our neighbouring company found hard rocky ground (they were still digging till the exercise got over after 10 days).

Unfortunately we became the demo platoon and had to recieve the Commadant when he came for inspection and briefing...

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
          Once he does a 40 km route march with 25 kgs,...all thoughts of war will vanish.
          Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
          Make that a forced march. If you wanna indulge your mean streak, limit the water bottles and calorie intake and see how he can pull it off on two days of forced march.
          Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          You want to be sadistic about this? Make him dig a machine gun post after the march ... but without telling him where. Then inform him to refill the hole and dig the hole where it's supposed to be. If you want to be really mean, then assign him sentry duty.
          Lemontree Captain sir, Blademaster sir, Colonel sir, I was in the National Cadet Corps in junior college. I have done a 50 km cross country pittoo march in peak summer in Jalna. I am sure Lemontree sir and Blademaster sir would know what temperatures Jalna experiencs in summer. And what a pittoo march is.

A pittoo march involves carrying a canvass haversack filled with sand and stones weighing 18 (women) to 25 klos (men) on your back as you are force marched by sadistic subedar saabs across the worst terrain possible.

And we do not get fancy foot gear. We wear coarse woolen socks and ammo boots. Which have hard nailed soles and iron toes compared to the softer and more luxurious DMS boots our army wears.

Yes I have not fought in battle, but I am a vilage boy who has most of his childhood grown up on a farm helping his father and brothers and cycling 8 kilometers to school on kaccha roads daily. If you can carry a sack of grain or fertilizer on your back, a 25 kilo pittoo is a luxury.
          Last edited by doppelganger; 18 Apr 13,, 06:43.

Comment

• Stop trying to enter a pissing contest with us. You ain't got the equipment.

Comment

Lemontree Captain sir, Blademaster sir, Colonel sir, I was in the National Cadet Corps in junior college. I have done a 50 km cross country pittoo march in peak summer in Jalna. I am sure Lemontree sir and Blademaster sir would know what temperatures Jalna experiencs in summer. And what a pittoo march is.
              Since when did they have 50km speed marches for NCC?

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• :pop:
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                  Since when did they have 50km speed marches for NCC?
                  Sir that is the term people here relate to. We used to call it cross country. 2010-11.

The 24 hour do till you drop punisgment on the other hand is pittu parade, with hands overhead, sometimes holding three-not-threes depending on subedar saab's inclination.

Comment

Sir that is the term people here relate to. We used to call it cross country. 2010-11.
                    Lets not start shooting off the cuff. Cross country is 10 km.

The 24 hour do till you drop punisgment on the other hand is pittu parade, with hands overhead, sometimes holding three-not-threes depending on subedar saab's inclination.
                    :pari:...please dont do this.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

What did I tell you?

Comment

• The Col and the Cpt got a recruit. Happy times ahead.
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                        X