Terror camps targeting India spared from drone strikes in ISI-CIA deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antimony View Post
    Now you are being silly and insulting. Do you realize the implications of being a client state of the US? Do you want the restrictions that come with being an ally?
    I do not give a damn what you think of my Indianness, an IA officer here is saying the same thing.
    I am not insulting you. I am just saying that I would moving forward speak to you as an American rather than an Indian. You can choose to be insulted by that or not. Like you, I give a damn.

Gyan it exactly is that you are spouting sitting in the US and exhorting India to show its "balls" by taking the fight to Pakistan. Thank you but we living with our families here in the eye of the storm to follow can do without such gyan.
    Last edited by doppelganger; 09 Apr 13,, 07:07.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
      I am not insulting you. I am just saying that I would moving forward speak to you as an American rather than an Indian. You can choose to be insulted by that or not. Like you, I give a damn.

Gyan it exactly is that you are spouting sitting in the US and exhorting India to show its "balls" by taking the fight to Pakistan. Thank you but we living with our families here in the eye of the storm to follow can do without such gyan.
      I really couldn't care less

And you show your "patriotism" by expecting others to solve your problems. Wake up and smell the coffee.
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        Won against a world empire and is good for PR.
        Many good men paid for freedom with their blood, Gandhi took home all the credit.

Agree with the second. He's good for PR.
        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

I really couldn't care less

And you show your "patriotism" by expecting others to solve your problems.
          I am not showing my patriotism or anything. Just expressing my rightful disappointment and disillusionment.

I have news for you. We are not expecting others to solve our problems and have never done so.

But if a friend helps an enemy then can he be a friend? That is the question we need to ask.

We as in Indians living in India affected by this interplay between friends and enemies.

You and other NRIs can continue exhorting us with your gyan.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious_eagle View Post
            "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi
            Hmmm, what the Mahatma did not bother to say, was that if you don't take out the other's eye, after he takes out yours, you are the only one who'll be left blind while your adversary enjoys his perfect eyesight.

Comment

Won against a world empire and is good for PR.
              The British could have easily handled Gandhi and the INC for another fifty years if other events hadn't forced their hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                The British could have easily handled Gandhi and the INC for another fifty years if other events hadn't forced their hand.
                I agree.

We rever Gandhi and Nehru, but we forget the likes of Bose and Bhagat Singh.

That shows in our national psyche to this day.

Comment

But if a friend helps an enemy then can he be a friend? That is the question we need to ask.

We as in Indians living in India affected by this interplay between friends and enemies.

But it's about interest, not friendship. States are not persons.
                  Ask this - what would be the benefit to India if you turn bad you're relation with USA? Terrorists would still be there, Pakistan would still get support (at least until the Americans get a better ally or they get to tired of Pak), China would still support Pak..so nothing would change in that area. Plus, I don't think for one second that USA is supporting the terrorists activity's against India- it's more that they consider this you're issue and something that does not concern them that much

In the end, India's national security is India's responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post
                    But it's about interest, not friendship. States are not persons.
                    Ask this - what would be the benefit to India if you turn bad you're relation with USA? Terrorists would still be there, Pakistan would still get support (at least until the Americans get a better ally or they get to tired of Pak), China would still support Pak..so nothing would change in that area. Plus, I don't think for one second that USA is supporting the terrorists activity's against India- it's more that they consider this you're issue and something that does not concern them that much

In the end, India's national security is India's responsibility
                    I am not talking about India going back into putting our relationship with the US in cold freeze, mild antipathy.

But I am sure that this news is not going to win the US any friends in India, whether they care or not.

Where Pakistan is involved, Indians are very black or white about it. There are no shades of grey.

Let us therefore respectfully ask the world to rethink the term WOT.

For WOT is war on all terror.

Otherwise it is AWOT. And none of us should equally be concerned or involved.

You cannot deride a nation for being duplicitous in its definition of good taliban, bad taliban, and yet secretly make deals to the same effect.
                    Last edited by doppelganger; 09 Apr 13,, 08:18.

Comment

I have news for you. We are not expecting others to solve our problems and have never done so.

You are expecting USA to route terrorist camps in Pakistan that are aiming India. What are you offering the USA in return? Pakistan is offering a chance to wipe our tangos aiming for Afghanistan as well a a land route.

Just expressing my rightful disappointment and disillusionment.
                      More like a sense of entitlement
                      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

You are expecting USA to route terrorist camps in Pakistan that are aiming India. What are you offering the USA in return? Pakistan is offering a chance to wipe our tangos aiming for Afghanistan as well a a land route.
                        I appreciate you speaking as an American and dropping the desi mask, frayed as it was beyond repair.

If you guys have still not understod that when it comes to Islamic terrorism, there can never be watertight compartmentalisation, then I must say you deserve your allies. As they you.

More like a sense of entitlement
                        Disappointment and disillusionement.

And add deja vu to it too.

3 D's.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                          Yet they didn't.

My point is merely that you can reach peace by investing same or less blood, sweat and treasure then by sabre-rattling.

There is no way in foreseeable future one of the sides to militarily defeat the other to the point of surrender. If you can't achieve that, why starting it? Moreover since your adversary is on the knees and has enough problems on its own. Sino-Indian way of dealing with tensions is more acceptable, imho.
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Yet they didn't.

My point is merely that you can reach peace by investing same or less blood, sweat and treasure then by sabre-rattling.
                            Very true when you are dealing with non-islamic elements. Afghanistan was Christian, Bhuddist and hindu - till the islamic armies invaded and converted by the sword. They were a peaceful people who got overrun by sabre-rattling race.

With Pakistan - they have a rabid hatred for us. It would be rather stupid of us to lay back and get screwed.

There is no way in foreseeable future one of the sides to militarily defeat the other to the point of surrender. If you can't achieve that, why starting it? Moreover since your adversary is on the knees and has enough problems on its own.
                            Pakistan is ruled by a military culture, with peace prevailing, the Pakistani military will loose its importance and stature.
                            The Punjabi military egoistic physic has to be seen to be understood.

Sino-Indian way of dealing with tensions is more acceptable, imho.
                            Because there is no militant islamic equation involved between the two.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                              Very true when you are dealing with non-islamic elements. Afghanistan was Christian, Bhuddist and hindu - till the islamic armies invaded and converted by the sword. They were a peaceful people who got overrun by sabre-rattling race.
                              Afghanistan was never Christian, LT. Alexander was not a Christian, he was a pagan. Son of Zeus. ;)

(Oh, and I don't agree with playing the Muslim card. It's just Pakistan...)
                              Last edited by Tronic; 09 Apr 13,, 09:30.
                              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by notorious_eagle View Post
                                The capability is there, it are repercussions that Pakistan is afraid off. PAF intercepted and shot down an Indian Heron Drone during the stand off in 2002.
                                Gen Kayani issued the order. The ability and the capability is there to deny the Americans the airspace to operate. Anyone saying different is a complete utter idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X