Game Changer 2 : India makes headway with ELF site construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Defcon5 View Post
    India I believe has come to the conculusion that a Nuclear War with Pakistan and to some extend China is a possibility,
    Oh for Pete Sakes, OF COURSE IT'S A POSSIBILITY AND MORE THAN THAT, A PROBABILITY! THAT'S WHY YOU WANT TO DETER IT.

and its deterrence is not working in case of Pakistan, that much they know. India in trying to avoid a nuclear war is loosing much more than it expected and the unpredictability of Pakistan and China is not helping
    Has either of them nuked India ... or preparing to nuke India ... as in exercises of the such? Have we seen Paksitani exercises mating nukes to missiles or F-16s making dry runs to nuke cities?

We, as in NATO, were using Canada and the US to train our pilots on how to find targets and how to drop nukes. Wake me up when you see Pakistan or China doing the same to India.

Pakistan's rampant use of Nuclear blackmail has enabled to force a Mumbai, Parliament Attack and Kargil. India's deterrence strategy isnt working.
    The deterrence is against nuclear war and that is working. Don't blame the Generals for carrying out their orders to stand down. The Indian Army was not scared of Pakistani nukes one single bit. Both the good Captain Lemontree and the good Major already stated that the army was poised.

It has also not stopped China from aggressively getting into the Indian sphere of influence, picking away Indian protectorates ; so to speak.
    They're picking away with money and dirt cheap weapons. Hell, they gave Pakistan an entire air force, the JF-17. Until India does the same, giving up whole corps load of weapons, then those countries will always follow the money. India doesn't have any to give away. Getting more nukes certainly ain't going to buy you anymore friends.

There is going to be a time, India can no longer forgive Pakistan nor can it turn a blind eye to China. India's current Nuclear strategy, will not abode well for its future in the long term.
    You might want to look at your fissile material stocks before you make such a bode statement. I'm not talking what's in the ground. I'm talking your weapons grade fissile material production.

The Colonel is right, that India has not shown anything by which we may be convinced of my assumption. Like he says, Indian Army doesnt store enough water, nor has it even training at serious, nor has the civilian population and emergency services prepared for such an enventuality. But I believe, that is the next step. India's nuclear aresenal expanding at a very large rate, India is readying and testing a wide variety of nuclear delivery mechanisms, India's ABM system, India's interest in ELF and India's elevated interest in Nuclear SSBN program is serious enough for me to think, there is much more to it, a country which hasnt even build a nuke SSN or a diesel electric, has already finished 1 Nuke SSBN, the other 4 are in various stages of construction.
    Yeah, here's a news flash. You need another nuke test. Tell me do you have another planned?

China mismanaged its rise, and produced a still born.
    And here is where you missed the boat. China was not mismanaging its rise as a power. China was and is trying to feed her people. Deng Xia Peng's first and only concern was jobs, jobs, jobs. The military was dead last in his 4 modernizations and at times, it was only lip service. You want to know what the Chinese army bought during his time? Books.

Comment

This did not happen.
      What the fuck?

Sino-Vietnamese War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cao Bang, Lao Cai, and Lang Son were destroyed. The road to Hanoi was opened. Fresh Chinese divisions were waiting across the border. North Vietnam's rice crops were destroyed. What the hell do you mean that this did not happened? Are you seriously deranged?

Vietnam never recovered from that war and in 1984, lost all border points.

Comment

PLA's performance during 1979 aside, Deng was secured enough to downsize 1 million troops after the war, while 40 Soviet Division looked on from the North. Kicked off a new round of economic reform with money saved from Defense. He gave Soviet a finger and still laughing to this day.
        “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

sometimes i wonder if Deng did it because he knew that either way, the Soviets would have wrecked him. if the only difference was that the Soviets got into Beijing after 15 days or 20 days, then from a foreign policy perspective doing so would be a no-brainer.

the domestic implications of laying off so many soldiers, though, having the political will and ability to do so was quite impressive, and demonstrated how firmly Deng had a grip on the PLA. his successors...not so much.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

These thread titles look like one of those sensational and cocky headlines normally found in firstpost dot com

Comment

Working...
            X