Why Pakistan won't give up Hafiz Saeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
    The discoloration on the forehead results from praying regularly - praying regularly or prostrating with the forehead pressed to a 'special round stone' is not an indicator of 'religious extremism'.
    Better to be prejudiced than sorry.

Normally if you see a snake, you don't coddle it in the hope that its not poisonous.

You either keep safe distance or stomp the crap out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      They don't have Afghanistan in their pocket and they are going to lose and lose big. For five years, the ANA has been held back while suffering losses up the ying yang. They and their families have been at the end of Taliban atrocities. What we fail to do with our guns and tanks, they will do with knives and torch. Once we're gone, so too the leash that was holding them back and their bloodlust will spill over into Pakistan.
      But is not the ANA (Indian friend) an outnumbered minority?

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
        Better to be prejudiced than sorry.

Normally if you see a snake, you don't coddle it in the hope that its not poisonous.

You either keep safe distance or stomp the crap out of it.
        Or you learn what kind of snake it is.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

But is not the ANA (Indian friend) an outnumbered minority?
          Vis-a-vi the Taliban? They are the largest, the most armed, the most deadly force outside of NATO in Afghanistan.

Comment

pakistan yeh pakistan woh

Sure the ANA generals are going to get more freedom when they get more control of the afghan army but I don't think they will organize cross country raids because it is akin to stupidity(no real purpose).

Look at the facts: Compare the Af-pak region of 2013 with pre-2001 situation. The pakistanis have lost. The afghans have actually gained from bush's invasion. Today the afghans are in a better situation than they were in 2001. In reality, more than a decade of proxy war in afghanistan since the american invasion has not proved to change the situation in favour of the pakistanis. The handover of afg to locals was always a part of the plan.

ANA needs good generals, discipline, clever fire power and money to strengthen their sovereignty. The culture in ap-pak bows down or submits to the one that holds power. Only time will tell if the ANA can impress the balochis and the pashtuns living in pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              Or you learn what kind of snake it is.
              Naah not worth the effort.

I would just stomp the crap out of it.

Then if someone later saw the stomped out carcass and told me it was non-poisonous, I would say a silent sorry to God.

The next snake I see I would stomp the crap out of it again.

And this time if someone saw the stomped out carcass and told me it was a close shave and the snake was super poisonous, I would say a silent thank you to God.

The common thread being stomping the snake and being answerable to God.
              Last edited by doppelganger; 03 Apr 13,, 07:07.

Comment

Abu Jundal. Before he got radicalized.

Abu Jundal. After he got radicalized.

Attached Files

Comment

Naah not worth the effort.

I would just stomp the crap out of it.

Then if someone later saw the stomped out carcass and told me it was non-poisonous, I would say a silent sorry to God.

The next snake I see I would stomp the crap out of it again.

And this time if someone saw the stomped out carcass and told me it was a close shave and the snake was super poisonous, I would say a silent thank you to God.

The common thread being stomping the snake and being answerable to God.
                  Until you realize that around the corner, there's also someone waiting to stomp on you. ;)
                  Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                  -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                    Until you realize that around the corner, there's also someone waiting to stomp on you. ;)
                    I am a docile Hindu. No one thinks me threatening enough to stomp on me.

All we've ever done for over 10,000 years is love.

Spoiler!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by doppelganger; 03 Apr 13,, 08:34.

Comment

You wear a Turban? :whome:

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                        You wear a Turban? :whome:
                        Only when I'll get married (shudder, shake)

Unless you asking paaji (Tronic) here. I am sure he does.
                        Last edited by doppelganger; 03 Apr 13,, 08:45.

Comment

I am a docile Hindu. No one thinks me threatening enough to stomp on me.

All we've ever done for over 10,000 years is love.
                          You better tattoo that on your forehead.

Because,

"Then if someone later saw the stomped out carcass and told me it was non-poisonous, I would say a silent sorry to God."

I'm sure they'll also say sorry to God once I tell em that it was our good ol' docile doppelganger which they just stomped, and not some terrorist! (unfortunately, a good chunk of em share your skin mate).

(Just cautioning on generalizations, that's all.)
                          Last edited by Tronic; 03 Apr 13,, 09:01.

Comment

Unless you asking paaji (Tronic) here. I am sure he does.
                            Not since I was 9 years old.

Comment

In order not to derail this thread some more, let's finish this.

Considering your killing of the snakes and refusing to learn to distinguish poisonous from the rest - till you waste time killing harmless snakes, your village will receive bites. Constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                                You better tattoo that on your forehead.

Because,

"Then if someone later saw the stomped out carcass and told me it was non-poisonous, I would say a silent sorry to God."

I'm sure they'll also say sorry to God once I tell em that it was our good ol' docile doppelganger which they just stomped, and not some terrorist! (unfortunately, a good chunk of em share your skin mate).

(Just cautioning on generalizations, that's all.)
                                Paaji I see your point. We are getting into the brown skinned hate crime, attacks of Sikhs argument here?

I am just giving a clue of how to recognize Islamic fundamentals to the western folk here.

Personally, I keep all over religious people at arms length.

If a babaji covered in saffron and ash comes next to me with his lota and trishul, I will be on guard there too, though statistically in all likelihood he is just mellow and happy after his last chillum.

But in the current context of the world, same cannot be said about these zabiba sporting muslims. My personal view is that if I know something is dangerous, I am not mother teresa to take it into my arms and give it tender loving succour.

I would just stomp it and be done with it. Statistically I would be doing the world a favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X