No announcement yet.

Vikrant class IAC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once it is manned and underway for trials we will see if India managed to pass the true test of building a good Carrier... functional plumbing.

I swear I've seen more articles about plumbing and sewage issues aboard US carriers than I can shake a stick at.

I'll be interested to see how the Ford class holds up in that regard as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
      Once it is manned and underway for trials we will see if India managed to pass the true test of building a good Carrier... functional plumbing.

I swear I've seen more articles about plumbing and sewage issues aboard US carriers than I can shake a stick at.

I'll be interested to see how the Ford class holds up in that regard as well.
      well, the new carriers have VCHT (as far as I know, all new US Warships do) Vaccuum Collection and Holding System). On the two DDG's I was stationed on, they were fine as long as you just used regular military issue toilet paper, but when people, and especially women started flushing their "other" toilet paper and sanitary items down them, it would get wrapped around the macerators and bind them up, REALLY pissing the HT's off since they would have to pull them apart and clean them out.. (rather shitty job). My 1st ship, with good old fashioned salt water toilets and urinals, as long as they were built correctly with properly sloping grades on the pipes didn't have any where near the problems of the new ships..

Comment

She's a real beauty, very exciting to see India enter the CV-builder's club
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

The starboard side shot of the Island reminds of big house with solar panels on the roof more than the Island of a carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
            The starboard side shot of the Island reminds of big house with solar panels on the roof more than the Island of a carrier.
            Reduced RCS does come at a certain aesthetic price. Just look at the Ford-class island.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
            X