Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vikrant class IAC1

Senior Contributor SteveDaPirate's Avatar
    Once it is manned and underway for trials we will see if India managed to pass the true test of building a good Carrier... functional plumbing.

I swear I've seen more articles about plumbing and sewage issues aboard US carriers than I can shake a stick at.

I'll be interested to see how the Ford class holds up in that regard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
    Once it is manned and underway for trials we will see if India managed to pass the true test of building a good Carrier... functional plumbing.

I swear I've seen more articles about plumbing and sewage issues aboard US carriers than I can shake a stick at.

I'll be interested to see how the Ford class holds up in that regard as well.
    well, the new carriers have VCHT (as far as I know, all new US Warships do) Vaccuum Collection and Holding System). On the two DDG's I was stationed on, they were fine as long as you just used regular military issue toilet paper, but when people, and especially women started flushing their "other" toilet paper and sanitary items down them, it would get wrapped around the macerators and bind them up, REALLY pissing the HT's off since they would have to pull them apart and clean them out.. (rather shitty job). My 1st ship, with good old fashioned salt water toilets and urinals, as long as they were built correctly with properly sloping grades on the pipes didn't have any where near the problems of the new ships..

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    She's a real beauty, very exciting to see India enter the CV-builder's club
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    The starboard side shot of the Island reminds of big house with solar panels on the roof more than the Island of a carrier.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    The starboard side shot of the Island reminds of big house with solar panels on the roof more than the Island of a carrier.
    Reduced RCS does come at a certain aesthetic price. Just look at the Ford-class island.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information