Chemical weapons used in Syria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemical weapons used in Syria?

Both Mike Rogers (R-Michigan, Chair, House Intelligence Committee) AND Dianne Feinstein (D-California, Chair, Senate Select Intelligence Committee), have now said to CNN that they believe chemical weapons have been used or about to be used in Syria. Feinstein went so far as to imply that they have received a classified intelligence briefing giving this analysis and (probably) evidence.

I did not realize the "reality" of the situation until I watched this CNN video itself, but given what both of them have said, it seems we are entering a new phase in the Syrian conflict. How do you guys see this play out going forward?

U.S. official: 'High probability' Syria used chemical weapon - CNN.com

Again, both the senior Republican and the senior Democratic leader for intelligence matters in Congress going on CNN together and saying that Syria has probably used chemical weapons. This looks like the real deal.

Last edited by citanon; 20 Mar 13,, 10:43.

After watching the video, I am a bit puzzled about Feinstein's comments "This is classified, highly classified..." etc. Something as overt and visible as a chemical weapons attack would normally be revealed quickly via cell phone cams and the like.

I am also concerned at Mike Rogers' rhetoric towards the end, promoting intervention. Team America World Police needs to stand down on this one, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
      After watching the video, I am a bit puzzled about Feinstein's comments "This is classified, highly classified..." etc. Something as overt and visible as a chemical weapons attack would normally be revealed quickly via cell phone cams and the like.
      My interpretation is that they were talking about A. specific intelligence on possible chemical weapons use (ie, not just a video showing a cloud and casualties but evidence to say that it was agent X) and B. the present disposition of Syria's chemical weapons forces. It seems to me that both would require several different types of classified intelligence. At this juncture, without complete confirmation, they probably still want to protect those intelligence sources.

Comment

Israel concurs....

Israeli official says chemical weapons used in Syria attack | Fox News
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
        X