This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks,

You have to give credit where it is due. Most internet fanbois just choose one bunch of murderous thugs to fixate on & decieve themselves about. Our German-Vietnamese friend has somehow managed to become a fanboi of the worst aspects of both nations. A rare feat & one to be marvelled at....in a sad sorta way.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      Folks,

You have to give credit where it is due. Most internet fanbois just choose one bunch of murderous thugs to fixate on & decieve themselves about. Our German-Vietnamese friend has somehow managed to become a fanboi of the worst aspects of both nations. A rare feat & one to be marvelled at....in a sad sorta way.
      Coincidence, I was just thinking the same thing. He's also provoked a rather nice discussion of the Vietnam War...albeit without adding a shred of useful information to it.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

feldgrau fanbois.
        Your inspired alliterative phrasing has rendered me writhing on the carpet guffawing
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I'm going to submit a correction here. As expected our Nazi/DRV fanboi (what a bizarre double act) is wrong, but I'm afraid you are too. Cambodia WAS a fully paid up puppet of Hanoi....until recently. If the fiasco of the latest ASEAN conference is any indication Phnom Penh & Vientiane are both in China's pocket now - allies in Beijing's ongoing quest to stake its boundaries as far from its territory as it can. Given the state of these two nations China can keep them sweet with the change it finds down the back of the couch.
          I was commenting on the remaining Vietnamese mercs in Cambodia.

Comment

So, start out with a small campaign before you gear up for the big one. Sounds familiar Herr Zraver. We will be your Poland (though not nearly so easy to knock over I trust).

I am only familiar with Armchair General & AxisHistoryForum. The latter is definately your best bet. it has some very well informed posters, but also a ton of feldgrau fanbois. Good luck sir. To Moscow!!!
            Moscow... surely you jest, if the OP here is indicative of what I will meet there, I shall drive across the mass of Asia and plant my flag in Hanoi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
              Moscow... surely you jest, if the OP here is indicative of what I will meet there, I shall drive across the mass of Asia and plant my flag in Hanoi!!!
              Will you be swinging through Berlin en-route? :tank: Will you equip your battle-truck with the feared Hemi engine? :scared:
              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                Coincidence, I was just thinking the same thing. He's also provoked a rather nice discussion of the Vietnam War...albeit without adding a shred of useful information to it.
                Indeed. Is there more to cover, or have we come to the point where we can evacuate this thread with honor?
                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Coincidence, I was just thinking the same thing.
                  ...great minds.

He's also provoked a rather nice discussion of the Vietnam War...albeit without adding a shred of useful information to it.
                  Even trolls occasionally serve a purpose.

Your inspired alliterative phrasing has rendered me writhing on the carpet guffawing
                  Glad to be of service. Hope you didn't hurt yourself.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    I was commenting on the remaining Vietnamese mercs in Cambodia.
                    Apologies sir. Misread the context.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                      Sadly the ranks of feldgrau fanbois do contain some more seasoned & skilled warriors than this example....though most are at his level or worse. I guess the trick is not to waer yourself out too much on the cannon fodder so you still have energy left to fight the occasional Ronin.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                        Indeed. Is there more to cover, or have we come to the point where we can evacuate this thread with honor?
                        We can certainly evacuate with honour, but be prepared for frenzied claims that we withdrew 'under attack' and were 'overrrun' by a 'victorious' enemy.
                        sigpic

Comment

• With keyboards and mouses in left hands, if i may add.
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Closing thread. If anyone has anything valuable to add, IM me and I'll open it for a little while.
                            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Working...
                            X