Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Parody, the rage at Khe Sanh.

Folks,

You have to give credit where it is due. Most internet fanbois just choose one bunch of murderous thugs to fixate on & decieve themselves about. Our German-Vietnamese friend has somehow managed to become a fanboi of the worst aspects of both nations. A rare feat & one to be marvelled at....in a sad sorta way.

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella View Post
    Folks,

You have to give credit where it is due. Most internet fanbois just choose one bunch of murderous thugs to fixate on & decieve themselves about. Our German-Vietnamese friend has somehow managed to become a fanboi of the worst aspects of both nations. A rare feat & one to be marvelled at....in a sad sorta way.
    Coincidence, I was just thinking the same thing. He's also provoked a rather nice discussion of the Vietnam War...albeit without adding a shred of useful information to it.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    feldgrau fanbois.
    Your inspired alliterative phrasing has rendered me writhing on the carpet guffawing
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

Officer of Engineers
    I'm going to submit a correction here. As expected our Nazi/DRV fanboi (what a bizarre double act) is wrong, but I'm afraid you are too. Cambodia WAS a fully paid up puppet of Hanoi....until recently. If the fiasco of the latest ASEAN conference is any indication Phnom Penh & Vientiane are both in China's pocket now - allies in Beijing's ongoing quest to stake its boundaries as far from its territory as it can. Given the state of these two nations China can keep them sweet with the change it finds down the back of the couch.
    I was commenting on the remaining Vietnamese mercs in Cambodia.

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    So, start out with a small campaign before you gear up for the big one. Sounds familiar Herr Zraver. We will be your Poland (though not nearly so easy to knock over I trust).

I am only familiar with Armchair General & AxisHistoryForum. The latter is definately your best bet. it has some very well informed posters, but also a ton of feldgrau fanbois. Good luck sir. To Moscow!!!
    Moscow... surely you jest, if the OP here is indicative of what I will meet there, I shall drive across the mass of Asia and plant my flag in Hanoi!!!

In Memoriam/Battleship Enthusiast Defense Professional USSWisconsin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Moscow... surely you jest, if the OP here is indicative of what I will meet there, I shall drive across the mass of Asia and plant my flag in Hanoi!!!
    Will you be swinging through Berlin en-route? Will you equip your battle-truck with the feared Hemi engine?
    "If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Global Moderator Defense Professional JAD_333's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Coincidence, I was just thinking the same thing. He's also provoked a rather nice discussion of the Vietnam War...albeit without adding a shred of useful information to it.
    Indeed. Is there more to cover, or have we come to the point where we can evacuate this thread with honor?
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Coincidence, I was just thinking the same thing.
    ...great minds.

He's also provoked a rather nice discussion of the Vietnam War...albeit without adding a shred of useful information to it.
    Even trolls occasionally serve a purpose.

Your inspired alliterative phrasing has rendered me writhing on the carpet guffawing
    Glad to be of service. Hope you didn't hurt yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    I was commenting on the remaining Vietnamese mercs in Cambodia.
    Apologies sir. Misread the context.

Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Sadly the ranks of feldgrau fanbois do contain some more seasoned & skilled warriors than this example....though most are at his level or worse. I guess the trick is not to waer yourself out too much on the cannon fodder so you still have energy left to fight the occasional Ronin.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD_333 View Post
    Indeed. Is there more to cover, or have we come to the point where we can evacuate this thread with honor?
    We can certainly evacuate with honour, but be prepared for frenzied claims that we withdrew 'under attack' and were 'overrrun' by a 'victorious' enemy.

With keyboards and mouses in left hands, if i may add.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Global Moderator Defense Professional JAD_333's Avatar
    Closing thread. If anyone has anything valuable to add, IM me and I'll open it for a little while.
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Thread Information