This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    All I see in this picture is people running to a chopper for a quick evac from a combat area.
    Right, it is the difference between EVACUATION and MOVEMENT. Those attitudes are very different.

Let me show you a pix taken when the NVA units had defeated the Khmer Rough and then got airlifted from Phnom Penh to the North Vietnam for fighting against the Chinese invasion Feb 1979

Do you see the difference btw EVACUATION and MOVEMENT ?

Attached Files

Comment

Just because the US evacuated under combat conditions doesn't mean that they were kicked out, what don't you understand? The leaving was planned, precipitated and performed according to US desires and on the US schedule. A retreat is just that: The enemy is too close, you can't fight on and you get the fuck out.

Are you honestly this dumb, or are you pretending?
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Just because the US evacuated under combat conditions doesn't mean that they were kicked out, what don't you understand? The leaving was planned, precipitated and performed according to US desires and on the US schedule. A retreat is just that: The enemy is too close, you can't fight on and you get the fuck out.

Are you honestly this dumb, or are you pretending?
        Check the third column from the left describing Khe Sanh airstrip being shelled by NVA artillery.
        LIFE - Google Sách

The only airstrip of Khe Sanh was being under standing artillery bombardment.

To the Americans, they fly or they die ?
        Last edited by Wehrmacht; 10 Mar 13,, 19:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Wehrmacht View Post
          Once again i have to repeat an American saying during the war against the Indian natives: "The winner takes it all".

Hanoi took the entire Indo-China territory (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia) as final result.

As for the battle of Khe Sanh 1968, Hanoi took control of it afterwards.

It's for your right if you stand in Saigon or furthermore in New York and declare victory of Khe Sanh.

It's your right to declare victory even of Mars.

Hanoi stands in Khe Sanh and declares victory over Khe Sanh. Simply, very simply what however makes the difference.

The Wehrmacht, at least, never declared victory of any position what was being out of his control. It's the honor.
          ahh here it comes, we all knew it was coming too.

So your vaunted feldgrau heroes never claimed victory at Moascow or Stalingrad...

News flash, your hero worship of a racist mass murder machine seriously indicates you need mental help.

Comment

I give up. I'm too tired, maybe I'll come back later and entertain myself by banging my head against the brick wall some more. Anyone else wanna try and talk some logic into this nutjob?
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
              ahh here it comes, we all knew it was coming too.

So your vaunted feldgrau heroes never claimed victory at Moascow or Stalingrad...

News flash, your hero worship of a racist mass murder machine seriously indicates you need mental help.
              Well, i am Vietnamese-German, check my IP since 2009 to see that.

Regardless of all war crimes, holocaust committed by the Einsatz-Kommandos .... the Wehrmacht and the NVA never declare victory of any position they don't control over.

For me, it is the honor to the true warriors, true heroes.

Comment

Regardless of all war crimes, holocaust committed by the Einsatz-Kommandos .... the Wehrmacht and the NVA never declare victory of any position they don't control over.

While the SS certainly comes in for special consideration when in comes to war crimes the Heer was not much better. Your average German soilder regardless of service was just as likely to rape, plunder and murder as any other German. They guarded the tracks that shipped Jews to the death camps, conducted reprisal executions, refused to obey the laws of war.... But they (political leadership) did indeed claim victory when none was forthcoming.

I don't care if your half clown and idiot (you are) or 100% stupid (that too), your hero worship of WWII Germans (other than those few who tried to end it or protect Jews) means you are fair game for ridicule, scorn and slight regard. Your going to reply nuh-uh and point to some unit or other that was mostly honorable but heres the rub. You didnt name yourself the Fifthpanzer or firstfallschrim you claimed the mantle of the entire German war machine. Your bed, clearly picked despite all of the fleas of history that infest it, so lie down in ye of little cerebal functioning. No wanna be Nazi sympathizer gets any leeway from me.

Comment

the Wehrmacht and the NVA never declare victory of any position they don't control over.
                  Oh, what the hell, I'm here anyway....

I) Did the Wehrmacht declare victory following the failure of Operation Market Garden? (YES)
                  II) Did the Allies eventually recapture Eindhoven and other parts of Holland before Berlin fell in 1945? (YES)
                  III) Does this mean that the Wehrmacht and SS Panzer Corps DIDN'T defeat the Allies in Operation Market Garden? (NO)
                  IV) Does this mean that today it is against some law or regulation to say that the Wehrmacht defeated the allies in Market Garden? (NO)
                  V) Does this mean that today the Wehrmacht cannot claim victory over the Allies in Market Garden? (NO)

If you answered anything other than what the answers in parentheses say, then you have lost whatever tenuous grip on reality and logic you might have ever had.

I dunno if it's a good thing or not, but rebuffing this guy's stupidity is a decent excuse not to continue working on the paper I need to hand in for Thursday......

Comment

Right, it is the difference between EVACUATION and MOVEMENT. Those attitudes are very different.

Let me show you a pix taken when the NVA units had defeated the Khmer Rough and then got airlifted from Phnom Penh to the North Vietnam for fighting against the Chinese invasion Feb 1979

Right. Three Northern Vietnam Provincial Capitals burned to the ground and you call it a victory.

Comment

Oh, what the hell, I'm here anyway....

I) Did the Wehrmacht declare victory following the failure of Operation Market Garden? (YES)
                      II) Did the Allies eventually recapture Eindhoven and other parts of Holland before Berlin fell in 1945? (YES)
                      III) Does this mean that the Wehrmacht and SS Panzer Corps DIDN'T defeat the Allies in Operation Market Garden? (NO)
                      IV) Does this mean that today it is against some law or regulation to say that the Wehrmacht defeated the allies in Market Garden? (NO)
                      V) Does this mean that today the Wehrmacht cannot claim victory over the Allies in Market Garden? (NO)

If you answered anything other than what the answers in parentheses say, then you have lost whatever tenuous grip on reality and logic you might have ever had.

I dunno if it's a good thing or not, but rebuffing this guy's stupidity is a decent excuse not to continue working on the paper I need to hand in for Thursday......
                      In the very early November of 1942, when the Wehrmacht drove most of Red Army to the very tight edge by the Volga river hence controlling most of Stalingrad city as Hitler's speech said at Löwenbräukeller Münchens: "Alle bestimmte Stellen an einer bestimmten Stadt ...", the Wehrmacht then declared/claimed victory of Stalingrad.

When they got wiped out, they just kept silence.

Regardless of who won and who lost the war, it is the warrior spirit that Americans never get for themselves.
                      Last edited by Wehrmacht; 10 Mar 13,, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        Right. Three Northern Vietnam Provincial Capitals burned to the ground and you call it a victory.
                        Who controlled those provinces in the end ?

Comment

Regardless of who won and who lost the war, it is the warrior spirit that Americans never get for themselves.
                          Was going to say something, but will :pop: awaiting AR, Gunny, S2...
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

There was nothing left to control, you dumb idiot. The Chinese burned everything as they left.

Comment

In the very early November of 1942, when the Wehrmacht drove most of Red Army to the very tight edge by the Volga river hence controlling most of Stalingrad city as Hitler's speech said at Löwenbräukeller Münchens: "Alle bestimmte Stelle an einer bestimmten Stadt ...", the Wehrmacht then declared/claimed victory of Stalingrad.

When they got wiped out, they just kept silence.
                              That's a bad example. The battle wasn't over yet and Hitler had already declared himself the victor. Look at it objectively, he made the announcement when there was still resistance within the city, and that resistance eventually kicked the Germans out.

I like how you ignored my entire post only to come up with a fallacious post containing a red herring at best and more decisive proof of your stupidity at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                                There was nothing left to control, you dumb idiot. The Chinese burned everything as they left.
                                And those Vietnamese rebuilt everything there like it was in Dresden. So what ?!

Slaughtered Khmer Rough in the South and at the same time drove out the Chinese from the North. What's up ?!

Comment

Working...
                                X