Miss Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    Out of all 7, the one with the flames on her boxing gloves is by far the leader of the pack
    The flames are on her gloves???
    Ben get an eye-checkup asap....
    sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Eh?
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        Just to clear this up. Are we looking towards the "Line of fire", or are we forward of the firing line looking down the "Rearward Extension of the line of fire"
        I was thinking more in terms of range fans,sectors of fire and limiting stakes.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

But in uniform. Therefore, they were representing the IDF. And the NCO Corps

sigpic

Comment

Minskaya,

Poor camo technique.
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

All I see is a gaggle of soldiers that need to get their hair pinned up to get within regs.

Sleeves need to be rolled properly.

Gig lines need to be fixed and soldier standing on the right needs to secure the button on the cargo pocket of her trousers. (or are they called pants? Since it is a female wearing them)

(Gunnyvision)
              Okay, now that I'm home, I can reply properly:

There are three uniforms being worn: IDF service (Aleph), IDF Field (Bet), Border Guard service (Aleph)

Hair must be kept in a ponytail, so yes, several of the lasses there do need to redo their hair.

There is no proper regulation for rolling up your sleeves, though the two on the right (one standing, one kneeling) with their sleeves past their elbow would be told quite firmly to decide "Sleeves up or down".

With regards to pockets, the only regulation is that breast pockets must be buttoned at all times. Pant pockets may be buttoned or unbuttoned, and are usually kept unbuttoned unless you don't want something to fall out.

Now, from what I can see, the lasses are all in their mandatory IDF service, and are not NCO's in the accepted term. The rank system in the IDF works differently, with rank being offered solely based on time in service, unless rank was reduced by court-martial. The three stripes on her arm indicate that she has served a year and 10 months in the IDF and was due to be discharged shortly, unless she signed on for more, in which case she would wear Sergeant stripes for another year before being offered proper NCO shoulder boards. In my case, I was granted Sergeant stripes after a year and 4 months (as opposed to 1 year and 10 months) and was granted Staff Sergeant stripes (the same as Sergeant but with a leaf in the middle) after 2 years and 4 months. Once someone serves over a year beyond their draft service, they are given NCO shoulder boards, until then they still wear their stripes.
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Then on a serious note (and major thread hijack)

Answer this question.

As a Capt in the IDF would you be OK with them looking like that for one of your personnel inspections?

If the answer is NO (and I really hope it is) then why are you willing to let them appear that way to the rest of the world?

What example are they setting for all the other female members of the IDF? If your good looking we don't care how you wear your uniform?

Especially since one of them is a NCO

What bad stereotypes are they reinforcing for the "HeMan woman Haters" in the IDF?

A wise old Army General once told me "When you fail to correct an individual to standard, you have just set the new standard"

Its one of the reason that in every unit I was in, there was a full length mirror near the main hatch. It was there so that you could check your appearance when came in and before you went outside.
                Above that mirror are the words "If someone accused you of being a US Marine, Would there be enough evidence to convict you?"

(Gun Grape climbs off his fuze crate)

And BTW, I agree with Emily. Little Miss can't button her pockets is the hot one of the bunch.
                Gunny, I believe I answered most of these questions regarding IDF uniforms. With regards to the bolded comment, there are very few of those in the IDF, for the main reason that the IDF has been an integrated service for so long that no one even thinks of such things anymore. Men go to combat or REMF's (aside from the women in Caracal) and women are usually REMF's. No one begrudges a woman trying to make it into a combat unit, and we have had several IAF pilots and navigators, including in combat aircraft and choppers.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                  Sir with board's permission may I help? :scared:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32237[/ATTACH]
                  This lass, on the other hand, is a total moron. If I had to bet, I'd say that was one of the first weekends she was home with a gun and wanted to show off. Most of us that went home with our guns ditched them at the first opportunity, as soon as we got home, separating the firing mechanism from the gun and removing the magazine from being anywhere near the gun, and then locking all three in separate locations behind 2 separate locks.

Taking it to the beach is stupid for 2 reasons: 1) She's tethered to that gun and can't go anywhere without it, cause it can be stolen in a Tel Aviv minute. 2) So much sand will get into that gun that it will be a cast-iron bitch to clean it out afterwards.

On a third note, it will completely ruin her tan-line

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                    Of the 20 finalists who were vying for the title of Miss Israel, six (pictured below) are currently serving in the IDF.

The pageant winner (below) was Yityish Titi Aynaw from Netanya. The 21 year old beauty served as an officer in the IDF.

Not marriage material.

None of them look like they can make a sammich or bring me a beer in under a minute.....

Comment

Is that corret way to carry rifles? Does not look like you can get it into position quickly that way no? Is the situation in Israel so bad that these soldiers need to carry their guns to beaches and such, and even off duty also?

P.S. Sorry for the offtopic serious questions. I would rather jst concentrate on the curls.
                      Yes, that is how we carry our rifles when not on an actual mission. It is still quite easy to get into shooting position, and is much more comfortable than carrying it over our shoulder, barrel up, like they do in some armies. When on a mission, the strap is hing around our neck instead of over one shoulder, effectively meaning we're carrying the gun in our hands, the neck just provides some support. This means that we can get into any firing position within less than a second.

No, the situation here is really not that bad. Combat soldiers with over a year and ten months in service can use public transportation for free even when out of uniform (everyone else in service needs to be in uniform to ride for free), so it's not uncommon to see civilians with M-16's. Same with reservists, who lost the uniform the second they're off base. But again, this is only until we get home and lock our guns away.

And like I said before, the one carrying her gun to the beach is a moron. Well, a Noob, but that's more or less the same thing...

Comment

Then why do they keep carrying guns everywhere? Why not just leave them at the base or something?
                        For 2 reasons:

1) Even when going home for the weekend, soldiers are expected to be alert for whatever happens, and IDF soldiers have prevented attacks or responded to attacks more than once.

2) When in training, soldiers to leave their guns on base when they get a weekend pass, but once you graduate training, you take your gun with you. One of the reasons is that it makes getting off base quicker if you don't need to wait an hour to get all the guns counted, registered and locked away, and it also makes it that much quicker for soldiers to get back on the line if they save that hour coming back to base. Since rotations usually work out with soldiers replacing each other, saving an hour can be a godsend for folks already on base for 15-16 days. Not a 12 month tour, no, but we're also a much smaller country. Imagine being based a 15 minute drive from home (happened to me more than once) but you're not allowed to see your home for 2 weeks+ at a time.

The one time combat soldiers do leave their gun on base is when they go on a 5 day furlough (usually turned into 10 days when weekends before and after are added).

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                          Not marriage material.

None of them look like they can make a sammich or bring me a beer in under a minute.....
                          Obviously. They're wearing boxing gloves!!! Can you get a beer in under a minute with boxing gloves on?!

Comment

Exactly.

The only thing a girl should have in their hands are a beer in one.....and her panties in the other.

Comment

Doesn't leave much room for the sammich.... And can we please keep this thread civil, with just ogling the hot wimmen instead of demeaning them? Please, have some class!

Comment

Yeah, OK, sure....

The broads are hot.

I'd even help them with the laundry and the vacuuming if necessary....

Comment

Working...
                                X