Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting married this Saturday- any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you say it in a patronizing way. :p

This is all good advice guys. Thanks so much for your help!
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
      Gifts like these are normally welcome, like an extra phone or camera battery or, in the case of a hobby, the tool, part or supply that is needed for that project that's been put off for lack of it. Sometimes my partner mentions she just ran out of some beauty supply she uses and I am able to pick it up the next day and save her the effort.

Jay
      I do not think of these things as gifts. I was thinking more like goofy girly things like jewelry and what not. It is VERY much appreciated when Rob remembers that we need something at home or that I needed or wanted something and brings it home. Although he did surprise me with a tripod a few weeks back and I LOVED that.

Everyday when he leaves work he calls and asks if I need anything and will get it is if we/I do. That is nice. So yes, you are correct. Thank you. :)
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I married at 22. Every one said we were too young. We've been married 29 years now.

Marriage takes work and effort to succeed, as well as a continuous spirit of compromise. Never, ever sweat the small stuff. There will inevitably be little things she does that will irritate the hell out of you. Ignore them, and remember that SHE undoubtedly has a similar list on things that you do.

You've already selected a partner, so what I'll say may be NA, but I think the most important aspect of a marriage is the intellectual compatibility of your spouse, and the emotional stability of both of you. You'll want an intelligent woman, with a calm demeanor, not subject to weird flights of emotion, nor one that will crumble when the going gets tough, and it WILL get tough.

I watched friends with hawt arm-candy trophy wives divorce in 5 years because she is a needy, emotional wreck. Raw physical attractiveness in a spouse always means so much when you're young, means so much less as you age together. Look at your spouse... picture her as a grandma. Is this the person you'll want to be with when you reach that age, realizing that you'll probably have thinning hair and a bit of a gut yourself? If so, you have a winner! :)

Congratulations, and best wishes on your life journey together.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
          Raw physical attractiveness in a spouse always means so much when you're young, means so much less as you age together. Look at your spouse... picture her as a grandma. Is this the person you'll want to be with when you reach that age, realizing that you'll probably have thinning hair and a bit of a gut yourself? If so, you have a winner! :)
          Amen!
          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
            B/S Mjr ,, :pari:
            Eric,

M8y, I am assuming here the lass isn't a Cannuck.:scared:
            sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Hmm. The knot must be tied by now yet Leib hasn't checked in. Whatever could he be doing? The waiting game:pop: The put her on a pedestal :wors: First domestic squabble:grump: Did she find out what he did at his bachelor party:whome: Did he not go to a bachelor party and learn what to do:fish: Was it over too soon Did his father in law give him "the talk" :scared: Still at the reception:danc: or just plain having a good time:Dancing-Banana:
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

wow , emoticons r us , well i reckon its :danc: n :hug:

Comment

I don't beieve that it would be a good thing to hear from Justin on WAB tonight. ;)
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I'm sure whatever he is doing, the WAB is the last thing on his mind.

Or at least I hope it is. :)

Comment

Hey guys! It's cool that there was some speculation on here- makes me feel special! Indeed we tied the knot at about 5:30PM on Saturday March 9 and we are now on our honeymoon in Avon, Colorado. Wife's asleep so I have a few minutes to give updates.

The ceremony was very simple, to the point, and there were no major foul-ups other than her veil not staying on and me trying to put the ring on the wrong hand- both times were played off in a humorous manner by all parties involved. The reception had lots of people dancing and us managing to slice only the icing off of our cake- again, people laughed. It started raining cats and dogs, which made me VERY thankful that we had opted for an indoor wedding. I will give that advice to anyone who asks. I was really surprised at what a good job my wife did at planning and designing it; I wasn't a big part of it since I was in Glendale during that time. All in all it turned out great and I couldn't be happier that she's my wife.

Once again, thanks for all the advice and well-wishes!
                      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Congratulations again!

Comment

So now Hes a "Married guy"

Leib learn the words to your new theme song.

Comment

Working...
                          X