The enemy within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoingConcern View Post
    Is this thread representative of the types of discussion that happens at the WAB?
    Is your sentence representative of Canadians? BTW, just who are you anyway?
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Agreed , but , HOW .

Surely there must be a cold, wet, desolate island off the coast of Scotland that nobody is useing. This gulag idea might be thought of as crule and against the human rights of the terrorists and might get the UK tossed out of the EU though. We woudent want that to happen, would we, Tankie? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        Is your sentence representative of Canadians? BTW, just who are you anyway?
        My writing is representative of my views. My questions would relay things I wish to know. I wanted to know if the writings on this thread, and hence the views of their writers, are representative of the overall tone supported by this Forum. I'm not sure where you got the idea that my writings represent the views of Canadians.

What would you wish to know about me?

Comment

GoingConcern Reply

"...I wanted to know if the writings on this thread, and hence the views of their writers, are representative of the overall tone supported by this Forum..."

Is your computer restricted to this thread? If not it would then seem you can make your own determination. None of us owe you a reply as you've not seen fit to introduce yourself to this board. What I'd also wish to know is why you haven't bothered to provide a proper introduction on the proper thread visibly positioned right at the top of this altogether proper board?

Anything less raises immediate suspicion that we've a provocative troll in our midst. Now...seek accord in the accustomed manner or leave our campfire.
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
            "...I wanted to know if the writings on this thread, and hence the views of their writers, are representative of the overall tone supported by this Forum..."

Is your computer restricted to this thread? If not it would then seem you can make your own determination. None of us owe you a reply as you've not seen fit to introduce yourself to this board. What I'd also wish to know is why you haven't bothered to provide a proper introduction on the proper thread visibly positioned right at the top of this altogether proper board?

Anything less raises immediate suspicion that we've a provocative troll in our midst. Now...seek accord in the accustomed manner or leave our campfire.

I will introduce myself when I feel ready to join the forum and its discussions. Despite the wealth of knowledge discussed in some threads, it seems like there are an equal amount mockery and disdain for any view that is not aligned to the overall atmosphere of the Forum. As a new member (in the shallow sense), some of the talk here sounds appalling, moreso due to the fact that it seems like it is supported by the senior members. I just wanted to know what the tone at the top was like at this forum; seems like I got it. It's not difficult to leave your campfire, but if I do, it will be with a very different image of your 'military professionals', 'senior contributors', and 'defense professionals'.

Comment

I will introduce myself when I feel ready to join the forum and its discussions. Despite the wealth of knowledge discussed in some threads, it seems like there are an equal amount mockery and disdain for any view that is not aligned to the overall atmosphere of the Forum. As a new member (in the shallow sense), some of the talk here sounds appalling, moreso due to the fact that it seems like it is supported by the senior members. I just wanted to know what the tone at the top was like at this forum; seems like I got it. It's not difficult to leave your campfire, but if I do, it will be with a very different image of your 'military professionals', 'senior contributors', and 'defense professionals'.
              Dude,you already joined the discussion.So you'd better introduce yourself.After that you can tell us what bothers you.
              Mind you,we'll respect a well argued position,even if we don't agree with it.And disdain poorly thought ones.
              Those who know don't speak
              He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

You've already set the stage to fail here. I've got nothing to say to you. Better luck next time.
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

We much prefer being brutally frank and honest to being politically correct. As has been noted, your lack of proper manners and etiquette is not a very auspicious beginning.
                  sigpic

Comment

My writing is representative of my views. My questions would relay things I wish to know. I wanted to know if the writings on this thread, and hence the views of their writers, are representative of the overall tone supported by this Forum. I'm not sure where you got the idea that my writings represent the views of Canadians.
                    It's simple enough really. Your writings represent your views. You assume the writings in this thread represent the views of the totality of WAB. Why should they, any more than yours represent Canada? Can I make it more simple for you?

Leibniz

Comment

Bullshit. What you call for is censorship of views that don't represent your own. Facile, at best.

Leibniz

Comment

Gents,with all the fun here caused by the hijacks,I must confess.I'm deeply sorry for my evil thoughts.It must be because of the white privilege.In the T area I call home,that would be having a war every generation for the last 5000 years.Sometimes 2 or even 3.Or just war,for decades.Lately we had commies(ohh,thank you Uncle Joe,our liberator) and right now we have the blessings their sons and daughters spread upon us.They have a most excellent attitude to life,freedom,honesty,work ethic and allegiance to one's past.A truer blessing you'll never find.

I'm also deeply troubled that violence was even considered in dealing with undocumented residents of our countries.Hell,even the fact that I cling to the term ''our countries'' shows innate malevolence.Cultural enrichers and vibrant populations is the correct way of talking about these wonderfull gifts to our stagnant,ignorant cultures.Ya know,we might have never invented the wheel without them.

Comrades,Khruschev was right.The Reds will bury you.From within.But don't worry.We''ll save you.We'll start slowwwllyyy.With Radio Free America,Canada,UK,France,whatever.
                        Grandpa used to take a few trusted friends,a radio and take a hike,outside the area where jamming was the strongest.They'll return late in the evening with news.''Hey,granpa of Mihais,gran-granpa of Mihais used to ask,are the Americans coming?Because I'd really like to bury so and so alive,them scumbags.And there's no point trying the partisan game like my best pal,cause I still have you and his kids to raise.
                        Nope,came the answer,they're not coming,yet''.

So whoever doesn't like freedom of speech and thought,don't you worry,my friend.We can treat your disease.We now have the benefit of experience.
                        Those who know don't speak
                        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

It's not difficult to leave your campfire, but if I do, it will be with a very different image of your 'military professionals', 'senior contributors', and 'defense professionals'.
                          Allow me to clue you in. This is a military oriented board. Respect is not bequeathed here at the WAB. It is earned.
                          sigpic

Comment

Mihais Reply

Thank you for sharing. You've culturally enriched my understanding for your legacy of violence and mayhem.

I sense a song. We should sit before the campfire, hold hands, sway and, together, sing a rousing, deeply-felt Kum-Bay-Yah.

And sharpen our bayonets. Yup.;)
                            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Minskaya Reply

"...Respect is not bequeathed here at the WAB. It is earned."

In that case GoingConcern is good and truly fcuked.

Comment

Thank you for sharing. You've culturally enriched my understanding for your legacy of violence and mayhem.

I sense a song. We should sit before the campfire, hold hands, sway and, together, sing a rousing, deeply-felt Kum-Bay-Yah.

And sharpen our bayonets. Yup.;)
                                I thing there is something to be learnt here... - How to sharpen a bayonet when you hold hands with other people.
                                Last edited by Doktor; 24 Feb 13,, 12:32.
                                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                                X