North Korea Appears to Test Nuclear Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NK general: "Sir, the imperialist yankees are attacking us!"

"What? We must teach them a lesson....send the nukes!

NK general: "Sir, that mean..."

"Yes.....call UPS and make it express!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      NK general: "Sir, the imperialist yankees are attacking us!"

"What? We must teach them a lesson....send the nukes!

NK general: "Sir, that mean..."

"Yes.....call UPS and make it express!!!!"

And it gets returned to Pyongyang for insufficient postage due to the shipping fees being paid in supernotes.

Comment

"send the nuke" (they can only manage one, and its a dud)

When they try to "disarm" it they die laughing, its got a wooden pit. And it still weights 10 tons.
        Last edited by USSWisconsin; 18 Feb 13,, 17:58.
        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
          "send the nuke" (they can only manage one, and its a dud)

When they try to "disarm" it they die laughing, its got a wooden pit. And it still weights 10 tons.
          Wooden pit? I will have you know it is the finest bovine fertilizer North Korea has to offer and 10 tons of it. A miracle when you consider how starved they are and they still are able to produce cow manure of this magnitude.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
            Yes, more than once
            Winsconsin do you mind providing me a link, i would be really interested to learn more about that. Also any links to P5's similar tests if you can have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              6-7 kts will kill the docks and about a 4 block radius. Certainly, nothing to sneeze at but that is not what the NORKs aiming for. They're not aiming at terrorism. They want status as a NUCLEAR WEAPONS POWER. It certainly ain't a weapon by any stretch of the imagination.
              Anil on post #25 put a map of the effects of a 10kT even if we half that map it looks to me like a whole lot more than 4 blocks. Besides, the point is not to be as destructive as the power of a P5 warhead but just to master the ability to detonate. If a 6-7kT detonated in Mahattan whateer is left would mean the whole of NY will be shut down, the entire city would to be evacuated Chernobyl style, commerce in the entire east coast would halt to a stand still. Bottom line: NK can now cause that kind of havoc, something which they didn't posses until about 7 years ago.
              China is pissed off but they certainly not readying the 2AF for a decapitating first strike. No one is scared because of this test.
              Why would they be 'pissed' off if its a dud? The are pissed off (and rightly so) because they successfully detonated a nuclear warhead they varying yield is a secondary issue. If NK had detonated a pile of 6-7Kt of TNT there wouldn't be any of this noise that is going around now.

Comment

China is pissed off but they certainly not readying the 2AF for a decapitating first strike. No one is scared because of this test.
                Also, why should China ready the 2AF for a first strike when the NK nukes are not aimed at them, and they know that?

Comment

I want to make this absolutely clear. This third test is a dud. It can't be used. The NORKs can make a nuke that works. It will be the size of a small car but it can work BUT that is NOT WHAT THEY WANT. For your scenario, Zinja, a car size nuke in a container will work much better than this "warhead" designed to fit on top of a rocket.

For that, you need ABSOLUTE reliability for DEPENDABLE and PREDICTABLE initiation. That is, the fissile materials MUST initiate faster than it can be spread apart by the blast. With 6-7kt, that is NOT happening. Put this thing on a rocket and let it be shaken apart before it get to its target, I can guarantee you initiation will not occur.

Rocket rides are hard enough for dependable warheads and we still have problems with correct yield upon impact. This thing ain't scaring anyone.
                  I have no doubt that the NK haven't mastered yet mounting it onto a missile, that is not my point. My point is they have mastered the detonation of a nuke device.Three times in a row now they have said they will detonate a device and they achieved just that. Delivering it will be the next challenge but for now they have detonated a nuke device. And if their reports are anything to be believed, they described the third test as a 'miniaturised' device, for what its worth, that must make anyone worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
                    Anil on post #25 put a map of the effects of a 10kT even if we half that map it looks to me like a whole lot more than 4 blocks. Besides, the point is not to be as destructive as the power of a P5 warhead but just to master the ability to detonate. If a 6-7kT detonated in Mahattan whateer is left would mean the whole of NY will be shut down, the entire city would to be evacuated Chernobyl style, commerce in the entire east coast would halt to a stand still. Bottom line: NK can now cause that kind of havoc, something which they didn't posses until about 7 years ago.
                    First of all, that map is wrong. A city is not plains and buildings have a way of channeling the blast upwards. Second of all, Hiroshima was 10 blocks and that's 3 times the yield of this one.

The ENTIRE city will NOT BE EVACUATED. That would cause more havoc and destruction than it's worth. The IMMEDIATE danger zones will be cleared with the rest of the population told to stay in doors and keep abundunt of clean water available. After the nuclear event, the first thing is to wash everything down and if there's a rain, all the better. Then, we worry about getting people out in an orderly fashion.

Even taking Chernobyl as your example, the population was not evacuated until the situation stabilized.

Why would they be 'pissed' off if its a dud? The are pissed off (and rightly so) because they successfully detonated a nuclear warhead they varying yield is a secondary issue. If NK had detonated a pile of 6-7Kt of TNT there wouldn't be any of this noise that is going around now.
                    AGAIN, THIS IS A FUCKING DUD! CALL THIS A SUCCESS AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE TOLD OFF!

You have USSWiskie here, a nuclear engineer, calling it a dud. Get with the program.

The reason why the Chinese are PISSED OFF is because they told Kim NOT TO TRY IT. THEY WERE ADAMANT THAT THEY WILL NOT STAND FOR IT. AND THEY'RE NOT.

Also, why should China ready the 2AF for a first strike when the NK nukes are not aimed at them, and they know that?
                    The Chinese have the 38th and the 39th Group Armies on the border. What the hell do you think?

I have no doubt that the NK haven't mastered yet mounting it onto a missile, that is not my point. My point is they have mastered the detonation of a nuke device.Three times in a row now they have said they will detonate a device and they achieved just that. Delivering it will be the next challenge but for now they have detonated a nuke device. And if their reports are anything to be believed, they described the third test as a 'miniaturised' device, for what its worth, that must make anyone worry.
                    NO! THEY HAVE NOT. Xi Jinping, head of the CMC, told the Americans two years ago not to make a big thing out of the two tests. They fizzled out.

YOU ARE CLEARLY OUT OF YOUR DEPTH AND RESEARCH!

Comment

Eish! I have re-read my posts, my grammar and syntax are atrocious! Sorry to everyone reading through my posts, i will try and revised my posts before sending them away.

Comment

AGAIN, THIS IS A FUCKING DUD! CALL THIS A SUCCESS AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE TOLD OFF!

You have USSWiskie here, a nuclear engineer, calling it a dud. Get with the program.
                        Sorry col, im my own man, I don't have to toe anyone's line. You want to call it a dud, that's your prerogative. I see 7kT of explosion using nuclear material as a success in exploding a nuclear device, the rest is detail.
                        How would any of us know? None of us were at the test site, we are not privy to western intel on the test, we don't even know whether its a plutonium or uranium device that was used, the sniffers are still out there! A 6-7kT explosion is achieved using a 'miniaturized' device and a smaller device than the ones used before (according to NK), yet achieving the highest yield so far and we should just jump onto calling such a fit a dud?

The reason why the Chinese are PISSED OFF is because they told Kim NOT TO TRY IT. THEY WERE ADAMANT THAT THEY WILL NOT STAND FOR IT. AND THEY'RE NOT.
                        Watch the Chinese 'stand it' col as they water down the UN draft. Its just politics sir!

The Chinese have the 38th and the 39th Group Armies on the border. What the hell do you think?
                        They are for sealing off the border against refugees should the unthinkable happen.

Comment

Sorry col, im my own man, I don't have to toe anyone's line. You want to call it a dud, that's your prerogative. I see 7kT of explosion using nuclear material as a success in exploding a nuclear device, the rest is detail.
                          I have 100% confidence that this test will NOT result in a weapon as with all the other evasl out there.

How would any of us know? None of us were at the test site, we are not privy to western intel on the test, we don't even know whether its a plutonium or uranium device that was used, the sniffers are still out there! A 6-7kT explosion is achieved using a 'miniaturized' device and a smaller device than the ones used before (according to NK), yet achieving the highest yield so far and we should just jump onto calling such a fit a dud?
                          First off, a Pu device giving off just 7kt IS A DUD. And if this is a HEU device, then this is a CHAGAI-1 device with a claimed yield of 12kts. These are duds that will NOT result in weapons. The NORKs will have to start from scratch. Period.

Watch the Chinese 'stand it' col as they water down the UN draft. Its just politics sir!
                          Watch the lights being turned off.

They are for sealing off the border against refugees should the unthinkable happen.
                          The two best Chinese mechanized armies can't do that. The entire PLA can't do that.

Comment

The two best Chinese mechanized armies can't do that. The entire PLA can't do that.
                            Col, if the PLA heads south, do you think they are there to establish a enclave and depth, or are they going all the way to Pyongyang?

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                              Col, if the PLA heads south, do you think they are there to establish a enclave and depth, or are they going all the way to Pyongyang?
                              The strategic reasoning is that the Chinese would rather do a regime change to their liking than to let the South Koreans/Americans do one to their liking. However, the primary goal is to keep the North Koreans in Korea and the best way to do that is to drive to the 38th.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zinja;904164]Sorry col, im my own man, I don't have to toe anyone's line. You want to call it a dud, that's your prerogative. I see 7kT of explosion using nuclear material as a success in exploding a nuclear device, the rest is detail. [/qupte]

It fizzeled, it was a dud. yes 6-7kt is a nuclear detonation but one that is weaksauce.

NK has yet to reach a Hiroshima bomb level detonation. Without a working design, how did they create a miniaturized version- of what?

Oh safe money is on a PU device, NK doesn't have the resources to run two nuclear programs.

Comment

Working...
                                X