Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XLVII

Okay folks, time to put your money where your mouths are:

Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers.

The spread is 49ers -3.5or -4, depending on the book you're using, over/under is currently at 47.5-48, but could drop to 47 or hit 50 (though I doubt it'll top 49) as we get closer to kickoff time. Moneyline has Ravens at +165 and the 49ers at -175.

Who's taking the points, who's giving the points, and who's making the prop bet on what will be the number of the player wearing the jersey that scores the first touchdown? (The over/under sits at around 27.) Me personally, I'm gonna be printing out a coupla squares sheets and passing them around my mates and the other fellas at the pub.

I'm kinda ambivalent about both teams, but I'm gonna take the points on the Ravens, and the under on 47.5.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

I'll take the 49ers @-3.5 and go with the over @ 47.5
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
      I'll take the 49ers @-3.5 and go with the over @ 47.5
      And the Brits haven't a clue what you are taking about

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
        Same here.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Soz mate. It relates to the Vegas bet books
          sigpic

Comment

All I got from Super Bowl is ads and that some cheerleader wont perform as she got extra 2 pounds of weight.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

So what's new

Comment

:danc:
                Attached Files
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/spo...tml#post948446

RE the title: I always wondered how American fare with Roman numbers. I know a fare numbers of Europeans who have problems with them. Even Italians ;)

Comment

Two pothead teams in the Super Bowl....hmmm, I'm going to have to think about this a bit.

Comment

I am pulling for the commercials....
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                        I am pulling for the commercials....
                        Snack food/junk food companies are salivating. Buy now because by half time the grocery stores will be wiped clean.
                        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post

RE the title: I always wondered how American fare with Roman numbers. I know a fare numbers of Europeans who have problems with them. Even Italians ;)
                          *Most like myself were tought when we were children in grade school up through and including high school. In many cases you find them on the sides of building indicating the year they were built (Normal English numbers are easily found as well). They are also predominately found in English Literature.

Apparently the Japanese culture of WWII didnt fare to well with them, so they used the Arabic numeral system in their militaries.
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post

There is a great song by the duo Trout Fishing in America called There are 18 Wheels on a Big Rig which counts one to eighteen several ways....even by Roman numerals.

Very funny
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                            X