China Militancy and Nationalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo Ferrari View Post
    I just share a typical EXAMPLE of Chinese public opinion. You should blame and damn the CCP(NOT me) to enclosing or containing the freedom of speech, the freedom of expression from Chinese citizens/netizens, make curious person(like me) , to analysis the Chinese stituation by such an inappropriate way.
    And why is it so hard for you to back up your points with actual evidence, instead of pathetically trying to cheapen the memory the 11 million Jewish and Gentile victims of Nazi atrocities that you so cowardly try to shanghai? Genocide does not equal to Two Systems, One Country, you stupid shitstain.

Maybe it's because you're a fucking wanker who has nothing to fall back on but your pathetic FB and youtube posts.
    Last edited by Skywatcher; 08 May 13,, 04:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
      I think this is the first instance that we see an actual pot calling a kettle black. Amazing. Quick call the media!

Does make one wonder why if so proud of their country you are living outside their country???

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
        And why is it so hard for you to back up your points with actual evidence, instead of pathetically trying to cheapen the memory the 11 million Jewish and Gentile victims of Nazi atrocities that you so cowardly try to shanghai? Genocide does not equal to Two Systems, One Country, you stupid shitstain.

Maybe it's because you're a fucking wanker who has nothing to contribute but your pathetic FB and youtube posts.
        I feel sorry to your pathetically trying to cheapen the memory the 36 millions of Chinese people dead between 1958 to 1962(as I do not count the others dead between 1949 until now).

NOT my words:
        During 1958-1962 famine in Red China starved to death 36 million people, is a figure two times to deaths in World War One, six times of the Soviet Ukraine famine deaths, seven times to the Holocaust Jewish victims, one hundred twenty times to the number of victims of the Nanjing Massacre, fifteen times to the number of victims to the Khmer Rouge, 149 times to the Tangshan earthquake death toll, 514 times to the Wenchuan earthquake death toll. Cannibalism during that BIG famine written over thousands of cases, and(my words) the "Commie" never said "Sorry" to their people.
        Last edited by Enzo Ferrari; 08 May 13,, 04:42.

Comment

I feel sorry to your pathetically trying to cheapen the memory the 36 millions of Chinese people dead between 1958 to 1962(as I do not count the others dead between 1949 to now).

NOT my words:
          During 1958-1962 famine in Red China starved to death 36 million people, is a figure two times to deaths in World War One, six times of the Soviet Ukraine famine deaths, seven times to the Holocaust Jewish victims, one hundred twenty times to the number of victims of the Nanjing Massacre, fifteen times to the number of Khmer Rouge, 149 times to the Tangshan earthquake death toll, 514 times to the Wenchuan earthquake death toll. Cannibalism during that BIG famine written over thousands of cases.
          Do you really think that concentration camps with gas chambers and Einsatzgruppen mobile squads are equivalent to famine victims?!

Wow. And I thought your Hong Kong independence self fellatio fantasies were crazy. Looks like I hit the jackpot tonight.
          Last edited by Skywatcher; 08 May 13,, 04:42.

Comment

The subject of China seems to get a lot of people very angry lately. It looks like another thread is headed down hill.
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
              The subject of China seems to get a lot of people very angry lately. It looks like another thread is headed down hill.
              Well, I need a hobby during finals week. And other people usually get to most of the crazies on Internet before me, so my line of trade is pretty much restricted to Russian "Putin has a master plan" fanbois, leaders of imaginary Hong Kong movements and "Han Chinese are white" idiots.

Comment

It is appropriate as Rising of China becomes more and more important to the world affairs.

The above sentence is neutral stance.

Comment

I feel sorry to your pathetically trying to cheapen the memory the 36 millions of Chinese people dead between 1958 to 1962(as I do not count the others dead between 1949 until now).
                  Hmmm, the data showed that China's population went up 100 million between 1952 - 1964 ... or are you counting non-births?

Demographics of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Hmmm, the data showed that China's population went up 100 million between 1952 - 1964 ... or are you counting non-births?

Demographics of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    Statistics are very misleading, even including data. A more suitable set of data is the infant mortality rate and the mortality rate..

Comment

A Q&A with Lionel Vairon, author of “China Threat?” | CN Times Books
                      "Over the past 400 years, the West has dominated the world’s concept of right and wrong, so Western people are not accustomed to the ascent of an influential, non-western country. Simply, it is difficult for Western people to accept this psychologically"

I may add "west influenced" people to the big tent.

Comment

Originally posted by paintgun View Post
                        That is an outsider romanticism of a China collapse.
                        Am not a this or that 'collapse' fan, quite the opposite. Those words of collapse & coming together are not mine, they came from a Chinese prof from Niall Ferguson's documentary on China. There is no intent to be romantic at all, its a flat statement of the historical record. I found it quite a revealing comment. This is some pretty heavy baggage to deal with going forward.

Yes we are good at killing each other because there are just too many of ourselves, we can perhaps do better without two or three hundred million Chinese (no it's not a joke and that might sound heartless, but ask any Chinese and they might tell you the same thing with a straight face).
                        I can find any number of Indians that make the same ridiculous comment about India. People are seen as liabilities not assets. These people tend to come from non-business friendly states. When they harp on about too many people what they really mean is lack of opportunity. And that is down to a lack of imagination due to their ideology which likes to erects barriers.

In other relatively more free areas, the last twenty years for these two countries have benefited more people than the last two hundred. Evidently, it IS possible to create more opportunity if the will is present despite a lot of populist BS that gets in the way.

The reason why China went through so much upheaval and turmoil, esp during the civil war, is exactly because there is a very strong sense of unity, and nationalism, that they felt it is impossible to continue as a nation or civilization if it has to be fractured and divided

I'm already a banana myself, but I still have a healthy amount of pride and nationalism shared with China.
                        So you're saying more freedom is possible in China without endangering national unity & integrity ?

Freedom? Oh hell yea I'm loving it. But how do you manage and provide freedom for 1 billion+ poor and uneducated people?
                        The same way you do it for 300 million. Freedom is scalable. Get enough of it and you get a fantastic network effect coming into play.

Have to make a start somewhere :)
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 08 May 13,, 18:02.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                          Does make one wonder why if so proud of their country you are living outside their country???
                          LOL, almost missed this little gem. You so feisty, so witty, so sneaky. That's the knockout punch we have all been waiting for.

I cannot speak for other Indian Americans living on this East Asia board. But I, like Christopher Columbus, came to trade with Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                            LOL, almost missed this little gem. You so feisty, so witty, so sneaky. That's the knockout punch we have all been waiting for.

I cannot speak for other Indian Americans living on this East Asia board. But I, like Christopher Columbus, came to trade with Indians.
                            Excellent! So you're going to stop being a pom-pom boy for China while sitting on your cushy chair in Palo Alto!

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                              I can find any number of Indians that make the same ridiculous comment about India. People are seen as liabilities not assets. These people tend to come from non-business friendly states. When they harp on about too many people what they really mean is lack of opportunity. And that is down to a lack of imagination due to their ideology which likes to erects barriers.

In other relatively more free areas, the last twenty years for these two countries have benefited more people than the last two hundred. Evidently, it IS possible to create more opportunity if the will is present despite a lot of populist BS that gets in the way.
                              I'm from MH, the free-est, richest state in India. I still think we're way overpopulated. An India with 500-600 million people would have been much more prosperous, if only the other 600 million would go poof. Sadly, we aren't Mao that we can kill a few ten millions without blinking an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                                Excellent! So you're going to stop being a pom-pom boy for China while sitting on your cushy chair in Palo Alto!
                                You are being hilarious. You think China needs anyone living in the farm to cheer her up?

Have you checked the scoreboard in the past 10 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X