Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery explosion in Fordow nuclear plant in Iran. Hoax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery explosion in Fordow nuclear plant in Iran. Hoax?

Is Iran's mystery nuclear explosion too good to be true?

What are we to make about reports from Israel that Iran's top secret Fordow nuclear facility has been hit by a massive underground explosion that has caused severe damage to the uranium enrichment programme and trapped 240 workers inside?

Claims that the explosion happened last Monday - just as Israelis were digesting the results of the general election – appeared on the Right-wing news website WND last Friday. But three days later the normally garrulous Israelis have gone strangely quiet, while there has likewise been no official comment from Iran.

The Fordow facility is, of course, a vital part of Iran's nuclear weapons programme. Constructed some 300 feet under a mountain, the complex is immune from attack by even the most sophisticated bunker buster bombs. And it is here that Iran is undertaking some of its most sensitive nuclear research, where an estimated 2,700 centrifuges are enriching uranium to 20 percent – just short of the level required to build a nuclear warhead.

It could be that the Iranians have deliberately leaked news of the explosion to prevent officials from the International Atomic Energy Agency from making one of their routine inspections. On the other hand the Israelis, who have never officially admitted responsibility for assassinating a number of Iranian nuclear scientists, may think it prudent to keep quiet about any involvement they might have had in the explosion for fear of provoking retaliation from Tehran.

Either way, for those of us who would prefer the global crisis over Iran's nuclear programme to be resolved without recourse to military action, the prospect of the Fordow complex being rendered inoperable just sounds too good to be true.
    Is Iran's mystery nuclear explosion too good to be true? – Telegraph Blogs

Mystery over 'explosion' at Iran's Fordow nuclear site - Telegraph

http://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/a...tomanlage.html

Aryajet, what are your sources saying about this?

If the explosion is REAL, admitting it would be extremely embarrassing to Iran's government. It would indicate trouble either with security, or with the equipment. I'd suspect the former, because it generally takes real explosives to create the sort of damage described.

If the explosion is a hoax, I am having a hard time understanding the motive behind leaking something like this, unless it is a ploy to say to the world, "Poor us, everyone is attacking us."

Comment

I would be very leery of any supposed news story initiated by World News Daily (a sensationalist rag). The credibility of the source - Reza Kahlili - has also been called into question. From Haaretz... “Kahlili himself is a frequent speaker at events in the US organized by right-wing organizations and those that support the right in Israel … He also compared the regime in Tehran to that of the Nazis, and called upon Israel to bomb Iran's nuclear installations.” It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to surmise that Kahlili certainly seems to have an agenda.
      sigpic

Comment

Are you saying the World Nut Daily isn't a credible source? The same org that still claims that the President was born in Kenya?

Say it ain't so

Comment

It seems that 'Iran nuclear plant explosion' stories are the story de jour among a certain species of online right wing publication. We had something similar here last month claiming that Isfahan was being evacuated due to a nuclear explosion. I'm sure if people claim this often enough they will eventually get one right. As for WND, if they ran a story saying 'Sky Found to be Blue" I would still be opening a window to check it out myself. (actually, on WND it would be 'Sky Blue as result of Obama Administration Plot to get People to Vote Democrat').
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
            Aryajet, what are your sources saying about this?

If the explosion is REAL, admitting it would be extremely embarrassing to Iran's government. It would indicate trouble either with security, or with the equipment. I'd suspect the former, because it generally takes real explosives to create the sort of damage described.

If the explosion is a hoax, I am having a hard time understanding the motive behind leaking something like this, unless it is a ploy to say to the world, "Poor us, everyone is attacking us."
            Chogy, Sir.

I provided 2 different sources for my copy and paste action.
            Just like you and others I paused before believing it, that was the reason I put 2 question marks at the end of each heading.

But remember Syrian nuclear plant destruction, Asad decided to immediately bulldoze the site and never admit it. IRR may consider the same policy, "never happened", just like Stuxnet, they had to admit it after there was no other way to deny it.
            We shall see and might never know.

Comment

My reports are no bang.

Comment

IAEA rejects reports of blast at Iran nuke site | The Times of Israel

I fell for it last month, too. Looks like too much wishful thinking.
                "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

Working...
                X