This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    Since everyone is airing their laundry perhaps we could have the thread currently in the trash restored where Z airs his views on the killing of the Fogel family in Itimar?
    So everyone knows where it is he actually stands on the limits of what are "rabid" positions when it comes to Palestinians.
    Lets...

As I recall I called it an act of vengeance against a group of religious zealot settlers famed for its violence against Palestinians. A settlement originally named after someone who took part in the killing of arabs as part of the Irgun and sponsored by a group that even right wing Israelis say is extreme right wing. The settlers here treated the Palestinians as less than human, engaging in arson, assault, attempted murder, murder, ethnic cleansing all for religious-political reasons ie terrorism. I did not condone the killings, I simply said the violence was an understandable out growth of the situation and the brutality the local Palestinians had been subjected to long term. Kick a dog long enough and he will bite.

You seem to be of the persuasion that the dog getting tired of being kicked is at fault. That the kicker has no fault and no reason to expect that what they do unto others will be done unto them. I am of the impression that if you don't kick the dog you wont get bit.

Pari you might want to familiarize yourself with Yehoshua Elitzur. He is a great example of why I am so critical of Israel in the territories. He wa s a resident of Itamar, feeling he was justified by God, he shot and killed a Palestinian taxi driver in what we in the US would call a car jacking or an ambush. His punishment- house arrest. This is the type of biased legal system the Palestinian residents near Itamar live with every day- would you stand for it?

The right to live in peace is prefaced on the idea that you yourself be peaceful. The residents of Itamar are most definitely not interested in being peaceful neighbors. They can't, for being peaceful would prevent them from reclaiming the Holy Land so that the Messiah could appear. They feel they answer to a higher calling and things like murder and terrorism are justified if it brings the Messiah.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
      Lets...

As I recall I called it an act of vengeance against a group of religious zealot settlers famed for its violence against Palestinians. A settlement originally named after someone who took part in the killing of arabs as part of the Irgun and sponsored by a group that even right wing Israelis say is extreme right wing. The settlers here treated the Palestinians as less than human, engaging in arson, assault, attempted murder, murder, ethnic cleansing all for religious-political reasons ie terrorism. I did not condone the killings, I simply said the violence was an understandable out growth of the situation and the brutality the local Palestinians had been subjected to long term. Kick a dog long enough and he will bite.
      As I recall it you justified not just the killing of the parents but also the children, aged 11, 4 and 3 months. Ispecifically queried you about the children and your answer was the same as for the parents.
      You seem to be of the persuasion that the dog getting tired of being kicked is at fault. That the kicker has no fault and no reason to expect that what they do unto others will be done unto them. I am of the impression that if you don't kick the dog you wont get bit.

Pari you might want to familiarize yourself with Yehoshua Elitzur. He is a great example of why I am so critical of Israel in the territories. He wa s a resident of Itamar, feeling he was justified by God, he shot and killed a Palestinian taxi driver in what we in the US would call a car jacking or an ambush. His punishment- house arrest. This is the type of biased legal system the Palestinian residents near Itamar live with every day- would you stand for it?

The right to live in peace is prefaced on the idea that you yourself be peaceful. The residents of Itamar are most definitely not interested in being peaceful neighbors. They can't, for being peaceful would prevent them from reclaiming the Holy Land so that the Messiah could appear. They feel they answer to a higher calling and things like murder and terrorism are justified if it brings the Messiah.
      As with that mentioned thread and every subsequent thread addressing the Israel/Arab conflict, immediately upon your entry you hijack it into a flame war about evil Israel. Every action by the Palestinians and surrounding countries you justify by your belief that Israel and Israelis are evil, just as you do above.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

What vitriol against Israel? I've simply called a spade a spade.
        I also call a spade a spade. To be blunt, you wear your obsession with Israel as a whore would her paint.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
          I also call a spade a spade. To be blunt, you wear your obsession with Israel as a whore would her paint.
          I didn't start this thread, I rarely start any such threads and as often as not I only enter the thread after I have been specific named. Got any more ad hominems?
          Last edited by zraver; 19 Jan 13,, 14:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
            As I recall it you justified not just the killing of the parents but also the children, aged 11, 4 and 3 months. Ispecifically queried you about the children and your answer was the same as for the parents.

As with that mentioned thread and every subsequent thread addressing the Israel/Arab conflict, immediately upon your entry you hijack it into a flame war about evil Israel. Every action by the Palestinians and surrounding countries you justify by your belief that Israel and Israelis are evil, just as you do above.
            Once again you resort to personal attacks. I very clearly stated that I understood, not that I justified. If you want to look for justification, look at your own cosigning of settler violence against Palestinians. Like I said you blame the dog for being kicked. You are completely kosher with dead and wounded Palestinian kids. Take your false outrage and go pleasure yourself with it.

Comment

enough.

my god, can we have ONE israel-palestine thread that doesn't get locked?
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
              X