World Cup 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup 2014

Brazilian Prostitutes Are Learning English to Prepare For 2014 World Cup | The Big Lead

May as well start a thread.

Glad to see Rio is prepping
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    Big events of any sort are always a boon for the sex trade. The 2000 Olympics had them working flat out (so to speak) in Sydney. My personal favourite, however, was the Catholic World Youth Day in Sydney in 2008:

Adult Business Association spokesman Chris Seage said the boom in business had taken brothel owners by surprise.

"The brothel owners are having to put on extra girls to meet the demand," he said.

"Business is up by around 20 per cent in brothels in the city, Surry Hills, Bondi and the lower North Shore. The owners are saying they have not seen anything like it since the Olympics."
    Pilgrims boom Sydney sex trade - World Youth Day - Specials - smh.com.au

....I'm sure it was all just visiting media.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

What for? Nobody is paying them to talk. If they were being paid to talk, they'd be called politicians. Hope they keep their exotic accents at least.

Comment

BigFella,

As a former chaperone to the US National Catholic Youth Conference I am surprised the kids in Oz cared about hookers.

In Kansas City the delegates were all bopping each other!
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
          What for? Nobody is paying them to talk. If they were being paid to talk, they'd be called politicians. Hope they keep their exotic accents at least.
          Price negotiation

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            Price negotiation
            Once a Marine.....
            Mark Twain

Comment

I take pride in the fact that hookers all across the planet know basic English like, "Me love you long time" and "Sucky sucky, 20 dolla"

God bless America...

Comment

Price negotiation
                I remember when I was in Florence I ran into a bunch of Chinese hawkers, who spoke absolutely no Italian or English. They typed in their prices on a calculator and negotiated in that way. Ended up buying a made-in-China leaning tower of Pisa from Chinese hawkers in Florence.

Language is no barrier to bargaining :)

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                  I remember when I was in Florence I ran into a bunch of Chinese hawkers, who spoke absolutely no Italian or English. They typed in their prices on a calculator and negotiated in that way. Ended up buying a made-in-China leaning tower of Pisa from Chinese hawkers in Florence.

Language is no barrier to bargaining :)
                  Yours was an easy negotiation. You saw the item, you were buying it to keep all you need to do was decide a price.

In the other instance, the "lady" must negotiate the product, length of service and price. Can't do all that with a calculator

Unless you want to pay too much like Yeller did in his example.

Comment

Yours was an easy negotiation. You saw the item, you were buying it to keep all you need to do was decide a price.

In the other instance, the "lady" must negotiate the product, length of service and price. Can't do all that with a calculator

You have to put out and work to get good things in life. When you want to get ahead you can't just lie back and let it come to you ..........wait a minute....never mind.:slap:
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

You can do some of it using a calculator:

:D
                      Attached Files

Comment

BigFella,

As a former chaperone to the US National Catholic Youth Conference I am surprised the kids in Oz cared about hookers.

In Kansas City the delegates were all bopping each other!
                        Who said it was the kids? I assumed that it was the chaperones.
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
                        X