Gen. Schwarzkopf passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen. Schwarzkopf passes away

I was surprised I missed this earlier today and came back to WAB to see how that happened. Well it wasn't mentioned here yet.

A very capable military man from all that I have read of him and well deserved. RIP.

Gulf War commander Schwarzkopf dies - CNN.com

His Duty has ended. RIP

Comment

RIP, a great man has passed - we are diminished by our loss. He is with God now.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
        I was surprised I missed this earlier today and came back to WAB to see how that happened. Well it wasn't mentioned here yet.

A very capable military man from all that I have read of him and well deserved. RIP.

Gulf War commander Schwarzkopf dies - CNN.com
        I read about it on the BBC an hour or so ago but thought it prudent for his Countrymen to announce his demise on WAB.

Comment

Present Arms!

God Bless, Sir.

Comment

Rest in Blessed Peace
            sigpic

Comment

Rest in Peace Sir.
              sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Rest in piece. דגל 'שק!
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Rip

Comment

RIP

He did execute the war with excellence but in hindsight, it would be a cakewalk for any other general because Saddam Hussein and his generals were incompetent strategic planners. Gave all the time that the Coalition needed to beat the crap out of Saddam and his forces. If Saddam had pressed on and taken the ports in Saudi Arabia and negotiated for a withdrawal in exchange for keeping Kuwait, the Coalition would not have a staging base and would be forced to cede to Saddam Hussein's demands.

Comment

We can second-guess GW1 forever, but by all accounts, he did a fine job. The coalition casualties were remarkably low.

RIP General.

Comment

RIP, General

I had the "honor" of getting my ass reamed by him in spring 1985. I was a new captain right out of IOAC and was assigned to as an S3 Air in a mech infantry battalion in the 24th Infantry Division (Mechanized). Schwarzkopf was the division CG. Three weeks after I had been assigned we had our biannual IG inspection. It was a week long and the penultimate event was a briefing to the CG and division G3 on our part on one of the division OP PLANs. As S3 Air I had to conduct part of the brief. I figured no big deal as I had done one of these about a year prior in Germany in my previous unit in the same duty position. There was a slight problem....previously all of the geographic features were in German...now they were in Persian! And I mangled the pronounciations, badly.

That is the day I learned what a volcanic temper looks like.

Had those names down pat within about a week after that.

That was matched about 4 years later as I was now on division staff and in a brief I got my ass chewed by the FORSCOM commander....GEN Colin Powell. That's another story.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

RIP, sir.

Comment

How did this not make it to the headlines?! RIP sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              RIP, General

I had the "honor" of getting my ass reamed by him in spring 1985. I was a new captain right out of IOAC and was assigned to as an S3 Air in a mech infantry battalion in the 24th Infantry Division (Mechanized). Schwarzkopf was the division CG. Three weeks after I had been assigned we had our biannual IG inspection. It was a week long and the penultimate event was a briefing to the CG and division G3 on our part on one of the division OP PLANs. As S3 Air I had to conduct part of the brief. I figured no big deal as I had done one of these about a year prior in Germany in my previous unit in the same duty position. There was a slight problem....previously all of the geographic features were in German...now they were in Persian! And I mangled the pronounciations, badly.

That is the day I learned what a volcanic temper looks like.

Had those names down pat within about a week after that.

That was matched about 4 years later as I was now on division staff and in a brief I got my ass chewed by the FORSCOM commander....GEN Colin Powell. That's another story.
                              Why Persian?

Comment

Working...
                              X