No announcement yet.

Indian government seeks life sentences for Delhi bus rapists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE, I would not go as far and compare soldiers' injuries to rape victims' injuries. Rape victims' injuries are much more severe when you throw in the psychological damage in addition to physical damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      How do you recuperate soldiers that survived a war ? They've been to hell and back. Some still there.

Isn't that harder.

How long to remain damaged goods.
      Soldiers fought back.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Dead people tell no tales, sure.
      The mugger was scared shitless and could not apologize enough to the police. Never heard what became of him.

Even in this extreme case the perps did not kill the victim. I found that strange. They actually believed that they wouldn't get caught. This is the biggest problem with rape in my country.
      You've missed my point about being a father. My line ended. My precious little beautiful baby is gone. Like hell I am going to allow those dogs allow to breed their monstrosity into the future.

Comment

People don't like the defense lawyers, this is just a deflection.

This was an open and shut case for the people. Line the perps up against a wall and shoot them.

Done.
        DE,

I have nothing against defense lawyers or anyone else.

What I find despicable is the medieval era mindset of an educated person giving out a statement that doesn't behove his public stature.
        Last edited by Oracle; 14 Sep 13,, 18:04.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Wish I could read the Indians between the lines.

Not between the smokes, the other Indians.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Even in this extreme case the perps did not kill the victim. I found that strange. They actually believed that they wouldn't get caught. This is the biggest problem with rape in my country.
            The perps did kill the victim. They caused the injuries that killed the victim. I don't understand what you are trying to do here because it looks like you are obfuscating the facts and trying to paint the perps in a better light.

Comment

• Guess he means they didn't executed the victim after the act.

Anyway, IMV, what they did is much worse.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• DE,

What might be the intention of inserting a rod into a woman's private part, and then inserting their hand and tearing off the intestines of the helpless girl? Again, what might be the intention of throwing both the girl and her companion naked on the streets, on a cold December night and then trying to mow them over? Helping them reach for help?
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                  Well if you have a cliff deep enough, with sharks on the bottom...

Back to hanging... it was used for display in front of the masses, not for actually doing any justice. It was use as a show for the blood hungry masses and as a deterrent. Since it's not done in public, on the square, it looses its purpose.

There are more swift responses, like shooting, injections...
                  Before lethal injections, hanging was the most humane way to execute people. It breaks the neck, cutting off blood supply and nerves from the brain. It's definitely more humane than electrocutions or beheadings.

Comment

• Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                    Before lethal injections, hanging was the most humane way to execute people. It breaks the neck, cutting off blood supply and nerves from the brain. It's definitely more humane than electrocutions or beheadings.
                    It was the quickest way to kill somebody. You just snap the spinal cord and you will not feel anything and then you will quickly black out due to lack of oxygen and after 3 or 4 minutes of no blood or oxygen, the brain dies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                      It was the quickest way to kill somebody. You just snap the spinal cord and you will not feel anything and then you will quickly black out due to lack of oxygen and after 3 or 4 minutes of no blood or oxygen, the brain dies.
                      I'd say guillotine was quicker but more painful. In some cases, the head continued to live a few seconds after it was severed from the neck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                        DE,

What might be the intention of inserting a rod into a woman's private part, and then inserting their hand and tearing off the intestines of the helpless girl? Again, what might be the intention of throwing both the girl and her companion naked on the streets, on a cold December night and then trying to mow them over? Helping them reach for help?

"What might be the intention?" You serious, Oracle?

I'm fuming reading your post... Just doesn't sound right.

I'd hang the culprits on pikes up their posteriors, and than ask, 'what might be my intention'..
                        Last edited by Tronic; 15 Sep 13,, 03:21.
                        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                          "What might be the intention?" You serious, Oracle?

I'm fuming reading your post... Just doesn't sound right.

I'd hang the culprits on pikes up their posteriors, and than ask, 'what might be my intention'..
                          Tronic,

My mistake. I should have quoted DE's post. Here is to what my response was:

And my reply was:

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                          DE,

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                            Tronic,

My mistake. I should have quoted DE's post. Here is to what my response was:

And my reply was:
                            Ah, ok. They're rhetorical questions.. Makes sense.
                            Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                            -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              Guess he means they didn't executed the victim after the act.
                              Right, they just let them go. The victim and her male companion. After doing all that.

The only way i can explain this is they had no fear of getting caught.

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                              The perps did kill the victim. They caused the injuries that killed the victim. I don't understand what you are trying to do here because it looks like you are obfuscating the facts and trying to paint the perps in a better light.
                              Am curious as to the extent the testimonies of the victim & her companion played in apprehending the perps. Because there were no other witnesses other than the perps at the scene.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              The mugger was scared shitless and could not apologize enough to the police. Never heard what became of him.
                              Such is the fear of getting caught by the wrong people

This leads to the idea that if we had medieval style punishments then we would have less crime. Or the laws are too lax or we need more laws.

Plenty of laws in India, enforcement of said laws isn't where it should be. This might sound crazy but there are instances where the police refuse to register the case. Never got a good reason as to why.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              You've missed my point about being a father. My line ended. My precious little beautiful baby is gone. Like hell I am going to allow those dogs allow to breed their monstrosity into the future.
                              Everybody alive is somebody else's child.

What you're talking about is retribution, lets call it that instead of justice.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Sep 13,, 06:51.

Comment

People don't like the defense lawyers, this is just a deflection.

This was an open and shut case for the people. Line the perps up against a wall and shoot them.

Done.
                                Unlikely.

While ostracizing defense lawyers is also typical of the Indian mindset, the lawyers statements should be on public record.

Comment

Working...
                                X