Tampa Meat-space Meet-up & Eat-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa Meat-space Meet-up & Eat-up

So, it occurred to me that while Capt Bluesman and I are in Tampa to visit Blueskid and his wife for a late Christmas (29 December through 5 January), it might be a really excellent idea to use it as an opportunity to gather the greatest of all WABbits together for a night of eating BBQ and drinking beer and listening to live music. Anybody interested? Florida guys, can you get a few consecutive hours to yourselves to come out to, say, Welcome to Skipper's Smokehouse! for a little fellowship and fun?

Tophatter, this is aimed right between your eyes, man. Ain't seen you in far, far too long, and the Captain would really enjoy a look over our shoulders to the long-ago before-time, when we were young. You were a big part of those great days, and you and as many others as can make it should come out.

I don't post on here much (at all, really) anymore, and that's for a lot of good reasons. But I have made a ton of great friends here, and rather than having them be 'virtual' forever, if there's one thing I really enjoy, it's meeting some of you in ReaLife. Give me a belated Christmas present: your handshake and the opportunity to buy you a brew at the coolest restaurant/bar/stage in Dixie.

SOUND OFF, MAGGOTS!

I just might be able to do that...waiting on hearing back from some possible weekend guests.
    If they cancel out on me, I think I can swing it!
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

If they do NOT cancel, bring 'em! Is they cute? ;)

Comment

Hope you guys have a great time....Have a drink on behalf of me too. Cheers and Merry Christmas to all of you and your families.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
          If they do NOT cancel, bring 'em! Is they cute? ;)
          You've met them ;)
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Okay, so I'm probably gonna end up missing out on this one as well, but I WILL be making it to the US next autumn-time, either as part of an organized Israel Advocacy scholarship or just by myself to visit friends and family.

In either case, I'm gonna try and make some time to be meeting up with some folks from WAB. When we get closer to that time, I'll open a thread. And yes, I plan on hitting Vegas, so Blues and the missus are on the list.
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
              I'm gonna try and make some time to be meeting up with some folks from WAB. When we get closer to that time, I'll open a thread. And yes, I plan on hitting Vegas, so Blues and the missus are on the list.
              Sorry, but you missed your window, Hoss: we're outbound in May back to Misawa, Japan. Last time we were there was 18 years ago.

If anybody wants me to show 'em the soft underbelly of this nest of vice and sin, you gotta be on the ground no later than April 20th. After that, we're going to be putting our stuff in the big box, and getting ready to flee from the properly constituted forces of Order.

So, TAMPA, folks. That's what's happenin'. Y'all gotta make this.

Comment

I'm gonna do my best...what kind of living arrangements are you guys going?

Comment

Well, that's a proper bummer...
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    I'm gonna do my best...what kind of living arrangements are you guys going?
                    Staying with Blueskid and wife, with the daughters, too, so we'll be stepping all over each other. Best look for a place over by Busch Gardens, because we'll be hard-by that.

And you gotta make this, if it's even possible. Won't be able to see you for YEARS, man.

dalem, you got plans yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                      Sorry, but you missed your window, Hoss: we're outbound in May back to Misawa, Japan. Last time we were there was 18 years ago.

If anybody wants me to show 'em the soft underbelly of this nest of vice and sin, you gotta be on the ground no later than April 20th. After that, we're going to be putting our stuff in the big box, and getting ready to flee from the properly constituted forces of Order.

So, TAMPA, folks. That's what's happenin'. Y'all gotta make this.
                      Crap...you leavin' Vegas? I plain ol' didn't have time to visit you the last time I was there. I will need to plan a trip before April. I was thinking about visiting Vegas just before New Year, but you won't be in town...
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        Crap...you leavin' Vegas? I plain ol' didn't have time to visit you the last time I was there. I will need to plan a trip before April. I was thinking about visiting Vegas just before New Year, but you won't be in town...
                        Dammit.

Well, carve out a couple days, man. Seems a shame to be a five-hour drive away, and never see each other. Come on out.

Comment

Not going to be able to make it...can't believe that you guys are being stationed outside CONUS.
                          I'm going to find your detailer and kick him in nuts until I get tired of it.

Comment

gunnut,

the man practically begged you the last time he was organizing Occupy Vegas.
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              gunnut,

the man practically begged you the last time he was organizing Occupy Vegas.
                              I know, I know...but the game was cancelled and all my friend who were going to vegas that weekend cancelled as well.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                              X