• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearskin for turban

How cools this

MoD News - Guardsman To Switch Bearskin For Turban
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tankie; 05 Dec 12,, 14:29.

There are lots of opposition to this from old sweats and traditionalist who are saying why can't he wear the same headdress, as the Sikh England cricket player, under the bearskin?

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      There are lots of opposition to this from old sweats and traditionalist who are saying why can't he wear the same headdress, as the Sikh England cricket player, under the bearskin?
      Hmm point taken there nuts , but IMO cricket and military aint the same , every Brit squaddy has the Queens allegiance to swear too along with her dominions to protect , myself i would love to see the gurkhas and other proud regiments have the same honour in their traditional colours and uniforms to be honour guards at buck house , yup s'pose the b/skins the norm , but it aint all guardsmen who fight n die for the same honours , lets face it m8 , we are now RTR ,,,,,,,,,,the old household regime is still there , about time other regiments who are as yet still not disbanded have the honour , fkin good on em , about time 2 ;)
      Last edited by tankie; 05 Dec 12,, 20:54.

Comment

IMO, the sikh soldier should wear the traditional bearskin head gear.
        It is the ceremonial uniform of his unit.
        I'm sure the MoD allowes him to wear the turban when his is not in ceremonial dress.

He is making a fuss for no reason.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
        X